How often do soft books do identity checks

Ask anything about smart gambling
mikey
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

How often do soft books do identity checks

Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:51 pm

Hey Everyone,

Sorry if this has been asked before (I haven't come across it)

I plan to try matched betting with UK bookies using a VPN while using my non-UK credit card to fund payment (I cannot use e-wallet due to territorial restrictions)

How often do soft books do identity checks? I've read in the terms and conditions that it may happen. But, is it likely? often? definite that they will before a free bet or withdrawal?

Thanks you SO SO much for the input

Mike
mikey
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: How often do soft books do identity checks

Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:17 am

I should also add:

- I plan to get a UK address (a purchased, real address used by many for mail forwarding)
- I plan to get a UK phone number for registration purposes
- Plus a VPN
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:54 am

mikey wrote: I plan to try matched betting with UK bookies using a VPN while using my non-UK credit card to fund payment (I cannot use e-wallet due to territorial restrictions)
Avoid. Sooner or later a bookaker will ask you to receive money in your bank account. Can you handle this?
Avoid VPN also because many, i mean many, people are using it for gambling reasons. Your IP might be matched with someone else's.
mikey wrote: - I plan to get a UK address (a purchased, real address used by many for mail forwarding)
- I plan to get a UK phone number for registration purposes
- Plus a VPN
Do you know how many people used that mail address for gambling reasons?
I suppose that your risk score will not be good from the very start. Read more here: http://arbusers.com/index.php/topic,4504.0.html
As for the VPN and your mailing address, read more here: http://arbusers.com/index.php/topic,2550.0.html
dealer wins
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:20 pm

Since the new gambling regulations came in, nearly every soft book asks for ID as soon as you make a withdrawal.  They normally want ID, front and back of card used to deposit and recent card/bank statement, and a utility bill for address proof.
Never trust a goose!!!
maletaja
Pro
ProProProPro

Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:47 am

I just dont see any point on voluntarly identify or have any communication with support
For example one bet wasnt paid and it was pending, i  asked support, and i was limited right away. Or just giving documents right away could end of limiting sooner
I will end up limiting sooner or later
mikey
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:10 am

thanks for the replies.

sounds like it'd be too much trouble... and too risky without the ability to back it up with documentation

Return to “Newbie's questions”