RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Pinnacle vs Exchanges

Is this the new hack of smart gambling?
Shawn2k
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Pinnacle vs Exchanges

Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:50 am

Hi. Just curious of a couple of things - Someone got the answer?

1) Why are sometimes, pretty often actually, people willing to buy lower odds on exchanges then Pinnacle offers? This is probably robots, but still... does it makes sense?
2) When there is big differences between Pinnacle\asians and Betfair - Who is most often correct? (On lines with big volumes).

Thanks!
dealer wins
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Re: Pinnacle vs Exchanges

Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:55 pm

I would say its down to many different reasons. 

Mug bettors, traders who intend to green up either pre-match or inplay, people who cant access Pinnacle, people who keep their entire betting roll in Betfair etc etc

Not often that betfair will be so different to Pinny that an arb is possible after commission, the bots grab it almost instantly, and with cross matching by Betfair its worse than even 3 years ago.
Never trust a goose!!!
DkStyle
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:03 pm

Another big reason is, that in many European countries, the profit is tax free when won on Betfair, but not if won at Pinnaclesports.
gamblehappier
Pro
ProProProPro

Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:13 am

The real line is at asians and not at betfair.Pinnacle,sbobet holds the real line(maybe sbobet is better at soccer).Nowadays betfair at big matches holds the same line with asians.Another reason (excepts from the above )why some prefer exchanges is because at live they acccept instant the bets,in asians you have to wait.
Believe to yourself is the secret to success.
my_username
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:25 am

gamblehappier wrote:... is because at live they acccept instant the bets,in asians you have to wait.
if by instant you mean10-15 seconds, then yeah...

didn't betfair brag about how they're about to lower this delay ...and yet, i noticed, it's only increasing.
maletaja
Pro
ProProProPro

Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:27 pm

Betfair not lowers quite opposite to prevent any courtsider actions and to protect business....
gamblehappier
Pro
ProProProPro

Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:25 pm

As maletaja said if someone is courtsider may face these problems.I do not know personally if it happens,someone can share something if have any exprerience about delay of betair.I do not think that there is delay at bets at soccer matches,basketball etc..Take point i speak for betfair site and not via broker.
Asians are too late at live,this dangerous zone may delay your bet even 1 minute.Cannot compare with betfair.
Believe to yourself is the secret to success.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:26 pm

I would also like to hear the opinions and experience of courtsiders that work with softbooks too.
maletaja
Pro
ProProProPro

Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:26 pm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/behind-the-shadowy-practice-of-courtsiding-at-the-us-open/2017/09/08/f432140e-94a7-11e7-8482-8dc9a7af29f9_story.html?utm_term=.739fec943c96

Courtsiding isnt dead as i can see, if guys are able to go to jail. They probably operate all betfair. But still i dont get why betfair hasnt widen up "dead zone" to protect "recreational" customers. As i can see dead zone isnt wide enough to kill courtsiders actions
JustinCredible
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:19 pm

As more an more regulations pop up in EU countries, I believe that many serious punters are acting outside of law if they bet at Pinnacle. And they don't want to risk that.

So they go with what they have on offer at Betfair, which seems to apply for many regional licenses in European countries. I know it because I actually live in one of these.

Return to “Value betting talk”