GVC Plc agreed to buy U.K. bookmaker Ladbrokes Coral Group Plc for 4 Billion GBP (page 2)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: GVC Plc agreed to buy U.K. bookmaker Ladbrokes Coral Group Plc for 4 Billion GBP  (Read 1797 times)
Arbusers
Administrator
Pro

View Profile WWW

Arbusers

to suggest bookmakers would buy an ewallet company was as I said a stupid comment with no foundation

What makes you believe this would never happen? I remind you that Moneybookers was a sister company of Gamebookers, both belonging to the same owner.

My question remains unanswered. Yorkjoss, your lack of arguments is obvious.

and what makes you think that it would?

If a bookmaker becomes a major shareholder to a company like PaySafe, this will come with significant advantages. Just to mention some:
1. Bookmaker will not have to pay that 0.2-3% in commissions to PaySafe. A bookmaker depending on Skrill and Neteller has every reason to avoid this fee.
2. Bookmaker will have access to the profile of every client using e-wallet services and thus will be able to profile everyone in a more efficient way and of course much faster.
3. Bookmaker will be able to impose higher fees to competitors.
4. Bookmaker will achieve scale economy as all payments will be conducted by its own extremely experienced personnel under 1 common roof.

I will not follow you with all the characterisation and accusations. I can only say that you are not fair with the forum, many of its members and me personally.
yorkjoss
Probably a Pro

View Profile

yorkjoss

to suggest bookmakers would buy an ewallet company was as I said a stupid comment with no foundation

What makes you believe this would never happen? I remind you that Moneybookers was a sister company of Gamebookers, both belonging to the same owner.

My question remains unanswered. Yorkjoss, your lack of arguments is obvious.

and what makes you think that it would?

If a bookmaker becomes a major shareholder to a company like PaySafe, this will come with significant advantages. Just to mention some:
1. Bookmaker will not have to pay that 0.2-3% in commissions to PaySafe. A bookmaker depending on Skrill and Neteller has every reason to avoid this fee.
2. Bookmaker will have access to the profile of every client using e-wallet services and thus will be able to profile everyone in a more efficient way and of course much faster.
3. Bookmaker will be able to impose higher fees to competitors.
4. Bookmaker will achieve scale economy as all payments will be conducted by its own extremely experienced personnel under 1 common roof.

I will not follow you with all the characterisation and accusations. I can only say that you are not fair with the forum, many of its members and me personally.

all I've done is just give you fuel for you to comment further,

bookmakers have been in existence for many many years, there any many many large bookmakers and much
consolidation is happening over the last 6, 7 years but also before that, never in that time has any of them
attempted to do what you are suggesting, never, you large ego thinks it's a good idea but what you think does not matter
to a bookmaker, they make their own business decisions, they don't come on here and find out from arbuser
or alfa how to run their company, your comment was scaremongering and targeted but these guys will laugh
at your suggestion and count their profit.

for you to come up with your own business plan for bookmakers and then claim that your plan is a
real danger for the arbing community is laughable.

as of now no bookmaker is remotely interested in buying paysafe and definitely not B365 as you implied.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 07:02:58 PM by yorkjoss » Logged
Arbusers
Administrator
Pro

View Profile WWW

Arbusers

I never implied anything. I made a hypothetical question in the flow of a discussion. You once again distort my words creating fictional stories.
sideprofits

View Profile

sideprofits

Honestly Yorkjoss, you should be banned. You stunt among words, most of the time out of any ethics, testing the patience of many members including me. I wonder how many seconds you would survive in another forum.
yorkjoss
Probably a Pro

View Profile

yorkjoss

Honestly Yorkjoss, you should be banned. You stunt among words, most of the time out of any ethics, testing the patience of many members including me. I wonder how many seconds you would survive in another forum.

banned?  I don't think I need to add anything else, your post sums it up perfectly
shanke

View Profile

shanke

do you think that Ladbrokes/Coral will have now same odds and sofware than bwin clones?... or they will stay with own odds?
sideprofits

View Profile

sideprofits

do you think that Ladbrokes/Coral will have now same odds and sofware than bwin clones?... or they will stay with own odds?

Nobody knows this. I suppose that they will maintain the old business style for some time before merging absolutely everything, including odds compilation.
shanke

View Profile

shanke

Nobody knows this. I suppose that they will maintain the old business style for some time before merging absolutely everything, including odds compilation.

yes... it will be a shit... more bwin clone bookies¿ (coral, ladbrokes, bwin, gamebookes, partybet, betboo, eurobet, giodigitalle, sportingbet, sportium)... not good fusion for arbers :(

i hope that ladbrokes/coral keep his identity
sideprofits

View Profile

sideprofits

i hope that ladbrokes/coral keep his identity

You have a point here. Ladbrokes/Coral is too big to change. Maybe new bosses find some value in keeping the old style.
SticyBandit
Has some experience

View Profile

SticyBandit

I am not defending anybody, but one thing is clear, yorkjoss has some issues with arbuser. He (they) knows the best why is that.
And yorkjoss, you not using e-wallets when arbing? OK, do you also think that addition of e-wallets to your current business will do nothing to make your business easier and/or more profitable?
If not, this implies that you made model for arbing totaly independent of e-wallets, great things for you.
Bet365 has 1.5-2 bill cash in the bank. I think buying Skrill/NT is more likely then some other bookmaker.
yorkjoss
Probably a Pro

View Profile

yorkjoss

I am not defending anybody, but one thing is clear, yorkjoss has some issues with arbuser. He (they) knows the best why is that.
And yorkjoss, you not using e-wallets when arbing? OK, do you also think that addition of e-wallets to your current business will do nothing to make your business easier and/or more profitable?
If not, this implies that you made model for arbing totaly independent of e-wallets, great things for you.
Bet365 has 1.5-2 bill cash in the bank. I think buying Skrill/NT is more likely then some other bookmaker.

sticybandit, what you or arbuser or anyone on here  says about b365 buying paysafe is not relevent and was only
discussed because the owner was being mischievous, which I called him for, if he and his friends don't like this?....I don't care

as for not using ewallets, quite simply I realised in early days of arbing that you get longer life using bank account,
I don't think it's so unusual for UK arbers to work this way, yes I use less bookmakers than most arbers and longevity
with few but quality i.d's has been the key for me, I am not saying that this is the best way but I think for me it is
but at the same time could be denying myself more profit by targeting multiple i.d's and using ewallets which is
what happens with many in Europe but this tactic is not for me, I prefer quality to quantity and this way has produced
figures which I am extremely happy with, I'm not such a smart guy, no qualifications but a salary slightly higher than the
UK prime minister...and she pays tax I don't :).....of course take nothing for granted and could be same salary
as theresa may's cleaner in 2018

as the owner says i am a dinosaur and also without any doubt many much smarter guys than me doing this job
but being a dinosaur means you get to experience and discover things that some on here are still to find out,
I have seen and experienced things that to use the owner's words "are not fair" and my posts reflect this but
make no mistake there is few things i admire more than a "smart arber" and i hope these guys continue to flourish
in 2018 and beyond, we are all here for the same thing, to get greedy bookmakers to pay our salaries.
SticyBandit
Has some experience

View Profile

SticyBandit

You work with bank accounts and people eye-to eye and Arbusers using e-wallets of hundreds or thousands customers and communicate online.
I can see where could be the root of your issues with him. But leave that aside, to comment which crucial things could happen soon and could affect majority of members on this forum is not a bad thing.
I could also wrote that there is good chance that Bet365 with huge cash amount sitting in bank will make some move, but I think you will not be so disturbed by this. This is only your reaction to things you saw in previous year report posted by Arbusers. And if you are asking why they haven't done this few years ago then you probably haven't paid attention to their business model. If you did, you would know that now is much great chance they will make some big acquisition then years before.
I am just curious how can you judge what is the truth what he said about e-wallets, locusts, fees, etc. when you are completely out of this business doing only with bank accounts.
SticyBandit
Has some experience

View Profile

SticyBandit

It was an ascertainment. No speculation or hope derives from my post. What makes you think it's my true feeling to see people out of business?

quite simple, because he has no reason to believe you are a saint...if there will be some "people out of game" off course that there will be more room for some others to make profit...just like yorkjoss would be pissed off if all will be start using bank accounts...then his model of business will not be so unique any more and yours and his post will probably switch places...you all like bigger profit but less stiffer competition...and first is easier to obtain if 2nd is true
sideprofits

View Profile

sideprofits

I m no saint like everyone else in this forum. Someone is calling him self a Saint here but this has nothing to do with this discussion.
The way I arb is completely independent on the number of arbers worldwide. I really don't know how it will affect my business if many arbers are kicked out. Maybe it will be a loss for me as they also bring volumes and sudden moves to odds that I take advantage of. Maybe it is a profit as I will be given more time to take advantage of chances. That is just a guess.
Arbusers
Administrator
Pro

View Profile WWW

Arbusers

I recall the early years of arbitrage when e-wallets weren't that popular among the extremely limited number of arbers/traders, not to mention square bettors. By that time everyone was using his bank account and credit card to play with no issues at all.
One, but not the only reason, that made e-wallets huge in this business is that banks became tougher with gambling and in many countries they became branches of the tax authorities, and that made many players to look for other options. E-wallets are still having a low trace in many countries. For as long as gambling profits remain untaxed in the UK, it will be totally fine to use a bank account. When things change, e-wallets will not be the solution as I believe that e-wallets will exchange data with the hmrc. Players will then be in the same position like players from many other continental European countries looking for solutions overseas. Ask campeones and a number of other arbusers for that. More serious players will harbour their action under a company's roof and maybe this is the safest thing to do.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print