BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets
RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Pulps

Ask anything about smart gambling
Ge
Genosuke

Pulps

Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:25 pm

what is the limit for an arb to be considered as a pulp?
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Re: Pulps

Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:07 pm

Depends on the bookmaker, but everything above 5% is a red flag.
ArbiX
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:12 pm

I agree that it depends on the bookmaker. As an example, for some bookies 3.5% arbs are considering as pulp errors (It is rare but i have experienced such voided bets) and for some other a 10% arb is most of the times paid in case your bet wins. Everything is based upon the traders decision. There is no straight answer to your question. You have first to understand how every book reacts when placing your bets. Many arbers have lost serious amount of money in order to understand which mistakes were the best to take advantage of in any of the books they were using. If you want to be at a great percentage sure for your movements try not to exceed the limit of a 3% arb. Maybe some other forum members will help you with your question also.
Last edited by ArbiX on Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RATTLEHEAD
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:18 pm

I've noticed that very often BMbets find arbs between Ladbrokes and Betfair up to 12% and I was curious if anyone ever tried them? Quite fatty arbs.
ppintaluba
Pro
ProProProPro

Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:19 pm

RATTLEHEAD wrote: I've noticed that very often BMbets find arbs between Ladbrokes and Betfair up to 12% and I was curious if anyone ever tried them? Quite fatty arbs.
Beware of arbs with betfair on bmbets or betbrain. at betbrain I find lots of arbs with betfair but when you go to bet, the odds are available on the opposite bet (in example you see on a tennis match a lay bet at 1.5 on the second player and when you go you find the same odds but to lay the first player. If you are in a hurry you might end backing the same player on the bookie and betfair  :P

On bmbets the arb percentage does not take into account the commission (if you are not logged). And on the correct score market it usually has the teams inverted on Ladbrokes.
Attachments
bmbets_error.jpg
Last edited by ppintaluba on Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com
Lansky
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:56 pm

Pulp?  ??? Thought it was Palp as in palpable: that which is obvious or easily perceived; noticeable.
In Arbitrage, Percentages are Vanity and Turnover is Sanity.

Return to “Newbie's questions”