RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Betdaq

Info about betting exchanges.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Betdaq

Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:27 pm

Betdaq/Betmate Exchange is standing in the shadow of Betfair. Many times it doesn’t have the depth market and the volumes that an arber needs in order to buy or sell bets. The variety of the markets is big, but not comparable with Betfair’s. Some times, you might find a market here, not covered from Betfair. You will never be limited by Betdaq/Betmate. The more you bet with Betdaq/Betmate, the better odds you get, since your volumes are connected with the commissions that you pay. Having a lower commission rate will offer you better profits. There is no question about the reliability. I would use this exchange as a supplement of Betfair and I would keep there limited funds, since the use of Betdaq/Betmate would be limited. Nothing more, nothing less.
Best covered by: Betbrain, RebelBetting
Best combined with: Smaller bookmakers
Timorous
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: Betdaq

Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:45 pm

Appears they have dropped their commision rates to 2% for UK customers?
Looter
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:55 am

negative , 5%
NXV
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:46 am

i think here's the deal:

2% comm only on BET OFFERS

T&C:

New Commission Structure Explained

"A bet offer is any bet that doesn't automatically match a pre-existing offer from another customer when it reaches the exchange. It becomes available for another customer to match.

Where your market winnings are derived from offers you made on the exchange you will be charged a flat 2%.

Where your market winnings are derived from matching other customer's offers you will be charged your normal commission rate."

So this new 2% commission rate is only interesting if you are trying to fill gap between back and lay  :-\
Andronius
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:29 am

Recently Betdaq was restricted for Austra also
arberhunterr
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:32 pm

Betdaq should reduce their % commission to try entice current BF users. with less liquidity than BF why would anyone in their right mind opt to use BDQ?!
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:27 pm

PT is offering 2%.
luctens
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:59 am

I don't know if any of you on here have experienced this but according to http://community.betfair.com/general_betting/go/thread/view/94082/30715209/purple-have-introduced-premium-charges#flvWelcomeHeader, Betdaq seem to have introduced their own "premium charge" of up to 10% commission. I haven't used Betdaq for years and see absolutely no need to but for any of the customers they still somehow have left, Betdaq are even alienating these customers now.

At least Betfair were in a monopoly position when they tried these sorts of stunts and thought they were in an unassailable position, but Betdaq are a complete minnow in this industry so it isn't if they are taking advantage of loads of customers to pad their already great position, because they are in an awful state already. I don't see what they plan to achieve by this unless Ladbrokes are trying to slowly run Betdaq into the ground.  ;)

When you look back over the years, the bookmakers have been the most vociferous voices against exchanges for obvious reasons, and now you see the two previously pre-eminent exchanges both owned by bookmakers who obviously don't want to see exchanges succeed as that would harm their bookmaking businesses and both of those exchanges are declining rapidly. It's almost as if the bookmakers planned all of this.  ;)

I wouldn't be surprised if Betdaq is out of business for good in the next 3-5 years. Good riddance I say. I also wouldn't be surprised if some bookmakers make offers to try and take over Smarkets and Matchbook as well to try and do the same as they are with Betfair and Betdaq by suppressing the exchange market so let's hope they stand firm and tall and don't give in to any takeover offers from bookmakers. In any case though, even if the bookmakers owned all of the exchanges and ran them all into the ground, there would only be another exchange that would be set up and fill the void and then they would just around in circles all over again so if the bookmakers are purposely trying to run these exchanges into the ground, they need to realise that exchanges will always be there and they will just have to try and somehow compete with them rather than think they can somehow remove exchanges from the market by running them all into the ground.
Last edited by luctens on Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Exchanges”