RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Bets size with Euro-market facing bookies + 'checks'

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
ethernet
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Bets size with Euro-market facing bookies + 'checks'

Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:53 am

"[Nowadays] You can't bet more than 100 euros with a Euro-focused bookie without facing checks and double checks."

Arbusers he said this in a v interesting post elsewhere. I have huge respect for this Arbusers views - that said,also I am wondering what others' experiences are?

1) What kind of 'checks and double checks' are meant in this - phonecalls? Or only, requests for ID documents that *haven't already been provided*? For me, I can deal with this latter, I have full ID and intend to provide before bookies ask for it (it seems that most bookies don't ask for it initially, as they are checking your details against electoral register and suchlike when you register, they only ask for such ID later...so I am going to supply it on registration, to get finished). So what are the checks/double-checks...I don't too much mind a request for other document by email, it's just phonecalls I hate.
   Incidental, are such checks/double-checks generally only in place for particular nationality, eg Greeks?

2) There seems to be much talk of the bet size that is accepted, going down and more down. Is this only at bookies where there have been problems recently that have got much publicity - eg, at bet-at-home; or is it across board. At such Euro-focusing bookies, can you get bets on of 500-1000+, without further issue (ie without trouble)? What is people's experience please?
  I appreciate that bets of this size (or bigger) that are arbs will cause limits to come in fast/v. fast, but that is not my question as such...

Many thanks for anyone's views!

E
Last edited by ethernet on Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
jinjan
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: Bets size with Euro-market facing bookies + 'checks'

Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:11 pm

What are your experiences? What checks have you been getting?
jinjan
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:10 pm

Which bookies are the "last few ones"?
Ferret
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:37 pm

ethernet wrote: .....are apparently being made with new accounts when quite a small bet is being made (100ish)......

most UK books consider 100 a VERY large bet ... after your first couple of weeks/five bets (whichever is sooner) ... you will struggle to get more than GBP10 on in places like Sportingbet, Paddy Power, William Hill, Ladbrokes, Bet365, Skybet, Blue Square, etc.
ethernet
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:03 am

@G - I am not wanting to get too specific about my experience on here...some reactions on the general scenario overall, of any kind that may be useful, is what I hoping for. Partly this is as I have a friend and he will be making registration with many 'Euro-facing' bookies, so one like him who is starting new, any info/reactions on how the market now is for this 'grouping' of bookies will be relevant... Thanks very much.
Last edited by ethernet on Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”