BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets
RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Does a euro exit affect existing accounts at bookies and e-wallets?

Ask anything about smart gambling
johnnyb

Does a euro exit affect existing accounts at bookies and e-wallets?

Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:34 pm

Hello!

Very nice and informative forum you have here  :)

Does anyone know what happens if a country defaults or exits the eurozone, to existing accounts that the citizens of that country have at bookies and e-wallets?
Do they remain in euros or do they revert to the new currency?

We live in strange times  :(
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Re: Does a euro exit affect existing accounts at bookies and e-wallets?

Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:50 pm

I understand your concerns about this matter. Especially for Greeks (others will follow later) this is very important.
I asked betfair several times, and they replied that all accounts from X country (that leaves the Euro-Area) will stay in Euros. You can e-mail them, and keep their reply in your archive.
I also asked Skrill/Moneybookers top manager about this. He replied that as long as Euro exists,  all accounts will stay in Euros no matter what.
Lately, a member of our forum asked their CS and received a blurred answer. They said that they have to ask their law department or something like this.
I believe that all bookmakers/institutions will be lured to confiscate money, or exchange it in a ridiculous fx rate. This exchange will make huge profits for them and an equal loss for players, since all these companies are sending their money outside risky countries every night.
hohooh
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:02 am

Arbusers wrote: ...., since all these companies are sending their money outside risky countries every night.
Do you mean
if Greece exit the euro zone, a booker which locates in Greece will suppose to confiscate all their players money?
And bookers which does not locate in Greece will suppose to confiscate Greek player's money?
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:22 am

Nope, this is not what i meant.
When a Greek sends money to MB, this money goes to a MB's bank account in Greece. Every night MB is sending that money abroad.

Return to “Newbie's questions”