RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

TA pre-match

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
sonic
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

TA pre-match

Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:24 pm

Is anyone using TA prematch in the sports we normally arb and in what time frames? Days or hours before the match? Do the odds move sufficiently to use it?
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Re: TA pre-match

Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:17 am

It cant be done for soccer. No fluctuation.
Only horse racing can offer significant liquidity and fluctuation. It is difficult i have to say.
blubmenot
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:00 pm

Hello,

It can be done for soccer... However not on a large scale. I have done it som etime. Stoped however, as it was to much work.
I had some 1-2% arbs that turned into 6-8% arbs....  (with soft bookies and pinnacle)
But I also had 2-3% arbs that turned into a small loss -0,5 to -1%.

It is a little risky and I'd say not worth it, as you can't set a stop loss.
( I mean automatically settle a bet when arb reaches the point where it is no longer an arb),
so you have to watch the market every now and then...
Betfair has no liquidity at that time, so even there you can't set your stop loss.

For soccer, the best chance is to bet on early odds, where small arbs exist with famous names ( Like Bayern Munich, Dortmund, Manchester United, ... ) and minutes before start of the game, bet on underdog.
For Example: Pinnacle  Pinnacle Team1@ 5,4 , Draw@3,5  , Softbookie  Dortmund @1,9 ...
Odds on Dortmund are likely to drop as lots of unexperienced player will bet on them...

This however is no guarantee. And as I'd say it's not woth the time manually monitoring the market...
Further your money is locked for almost a week...
ca
carolsamuel

Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:42 pm

Well I don't know the details, but it is done for soccer and further details can be searched online.

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”