Blocked odds

Ask anything about smart gambling
Goojybooboo
Gaining experience
Gaining experience
Karma: 6
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:17 am

Blocked odds

Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:20 am

I was wondering what happened to these famous Albanian fixes of the past. Do you think the situation is normalised there?
barret19
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience
Karma: 9
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:16 pm

Blocked odds

Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:53 am

There are definitely more fixed matches during the covid19 pandemic so Pinnacle is just taking defensive measures.
neopas
Pro
ProProProPro
Karma: 38
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:08 pm

Blocked odds

Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:11 pm

barret19 wrote: There are definitely more fixed matches during the covid19 pandemic so Pinnacle is just taking defensive measures.
How do you know that?
Goojybooboo
Gaining experience
Gaining experience
Karma: 6
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:17 am

Blocked odds

Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:00 pm

I dont see what is the use of it. UEFA already has access to tools helping identify suspicious actions.
Cenamoli
Gaining experience
Gaining experience
Karma: 8
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:25 am

Blocked odds

Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:09 pm

Since the number of matches played in 2020 decreased a lot because of covid, and the percentage of games that were fixed remained the same, this automatically means an increase . It's not my words of thoughts but Sportsradar  admitted it and also said that because this ''cancer'' of match fixing is spreading on new markets , announced that from October 2021 the UFDS (Universal Fraud Detection System ) will be funded by Sportradar and offered free of charge to any sports federation, or league worldwide. The aim of this move is also poor federations that do not have money to be able to access suspicious games and give penalties etc .
User avatar
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator
Contact:
Karma: 580
Posts: 5098
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:34 pm

Blocked odds

Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:22 am

barret19 wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:53 am
There are definitely more fixed matches during the covid19 pandemic so Pinnacle is just taking defensive measures.
I will need stats to believe that.
Due to the pandemics, the average mug bettor stayed at home and didn't place the bet on the counter in the shop down the corner. He didn't place the bet at home too, because there was no much to bet on. What is left is all of us guys looking for the smaller fishes, but there were no smaller fishes around. I believe most of the internet action was sharp, and bookmakers wanted to defend themselves.
Cenamoli
Gaining experience
Gaining experience
Karma: 8
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:25 am

Blocked odds

Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:23 pm

Goojybooboo wrote: I dont see what is the use of it. UEFA already has access to tools helping identify suspicious actions.
UFDS (Universal Fraud Detection System )  is a tool for detecting suspicious matches in all sports not only on soccer and of course resources are needed to exist and in addition to the rich federations (UEFA etc)there are others federations that have no money nor for sandwich  :D (especially after Covid-19). So that's the reason Sportsradar decide to give to everyone free. In my opinion  that  system can only work effectively mainly in markets with small turnover (minor soccer leagues, basketball , volleyball etc.), because in top 5  leagues with huge turnovers it is much easier to bet big amounts of money without much suspicion of the ''radars'' because he liquidity is huge and the options too many. A small proof of what I am saying is that the games in Primera Division that went to court were not based on any of the Sportradar reports but on telephone interceptions and some illegal tax revenue books and so the investigation began . And please no one tell me about Skederbeu in C.L. games  because it is not needed a tool to detect that  ;) .
neopas
Pro
ProProProPro
Karma: 38
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:08 pm

Blocked odds

Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:14 am

Cenamoli wrote: A small proof of what I am saying is that the games in Primera Division that went to court were not based on any of the Sportradar reports but on telephone interceptions and some illegal tax revenue books and so the investigation began . And please no one tell me about Skederbeu in C.L. games  because it is not needed a tool to detect that  ;) .
An excellent remark and a reason why to avoid phone/sms/skype communications.
User avatar
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator
Contact:
Karma: 580
Posts: 5098
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Blocked odds

Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:53 am

Frankly, I dont believe any business of this kind is not using any kind of electronic communication. Yes, some channels are more dangerous than others but somehow I find difficult to believe that a tip travels from Moscow to Madrid only from mouth to mouth.
neopas
Pro
ProProProPro
Karma: 38
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:08 pm

Re: Blocked odds

Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:43 am

kustef wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:35 pm
1. open soft bookmaker site
2. open pinnaclesports site
3. find higher odd in soft bookmaker
4. take profits
Is it really that easy? Where is margin in this thinking? What if Pinnaclesports have 10% margin and the soft bookmaker has 5%? You will find your self constantly in situations where you think you have value, but in reality you have only shit.
kustef
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro
Karma: 21
Posts: 355
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: Blocked odds

Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:26 pm

ok ok i missed one point between rule number 3 and 4 .. So the missing rule: Calculate % of value bet ...

My results 4.79% after 4000 picks for prematch 5.63% after 6200 picks for live
User avatar
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator
Contact:
Karma: 580
Posts: 5098
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Blocked odds

Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:24 am

kustef wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:26 pm
ok ok i missed one point between rule number 3 and 4 .. So the missing rule: Calculate % of value bet ...

My results 4.79% after 4000 picks for prematch 5.63% after 6200 picks for live
How would you calculate the value of a bet?
4000 bets is a sample to envy. Would you say some more about your filtering and the way you find these bets?
Thank you.
kustef
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro
Karma: 21
Posts: 355
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: Blocked odds

Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:58 am

To be honest i dont calculate value bet with any exact formula, if there is arbitrage between my soft bookie and Pinn/BF i place bets. From a certain value of arbitrage % iam placing bets.. About filters.. i believe that every serious soft bookmaker has knowledge about certain leagues and by this way i filtering out leagues. I bet only FT markets..
x-casino
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience
Karma: 10
Posts: 138
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:17 pm

Re: Blocked odds

Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:33 am

kustef wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:58 am
I bet only FT markets..
What are FT markets? Sorry for asking. And what are your filters you use when comparing Pinnacle with soft bookmakers?
Thanks, even though I suspect you will not answer to me.

Return to “Newbie's questions”