BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets

Doing the opposite of a losing strategy

Is this the new hack of smart gambling?
poiuyt
Gaining experience
Gaining experience
Karma: 2
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:42 pm

Doing the opposite of a losing strategy

Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:37 am

Let's say I'm following a particular strategy (example: bet for home team win) which gives an average loss of 10% in a bookie with margin 5%. Then will following the opposite strategy (bet on away team win and draw) give a profit of 5% over the long run?
alealeale
Pro
ProProProPro
Karma: 27
Posts: 455
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:18 pm

Re: Doing the opposite of a losing strategy

Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:09 pm

No, there is bookies margin.
User avatar
blizard
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience
Karma: 3
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:49 pm

Re: Doing the opposite of a losing strategy

Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:26 pm

poiuyt wrote: Let's say I'm following a particular strategy (example: bet for home team win) which gives an average loss of 10% in a bookie with margin 5%. Then will following the opposite strategy (bet on away team win and draw) give a profit of 5% over the long run?
This is nice idea if you play only on on "0 commition markets"  or close to that ...
Some bookies have zero commition in big games, and you can find more , but there are not so many.

If you find a loosing technique in these markets, you will win same amount playing the oposite .... there are lots of bad players in big markets making value so if you oposite them, you will get it :)

ps
loosing big is not so easy :)  if you find a technique to do this, you may check it tho
Last edited by blizard on Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
blizard
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience
Karma: 3
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:49 pm

Re: Doing the opposite of a losing strategy

Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:33 pm

dp .........
poiuyt
Gaining experience
Gaining experience
Karma: 2
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:42 pm

Re: Doing the opposite of a losing strategy

Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:10 pm

I get that there is a bookies margin but say the bookies margin is 5% and your loss is 10%, then you should be able to make a profit of 10-5=5% by betting on the opposite?
User avatar
Sandica9
Gaining experience
Gaining experience
Karma: 7
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:16 am

Re: Doing the opposite of a losing strategy

Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:35 pm

The vast majority of players will hit between 45%-55%. So a tipser with less than 45% at - 110 odds and a relevant sample is as valuable as a tipser hitting 55%+
nickolas
Gaining experience
Gaining experience
Karma: 1
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:14 pm

Re: Doing the opposite of a losing strategy

Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:35 pm

If you do that and the juice is 5% you need at least 10% edge to make any money. Because you take the juice twice.

If one is betting on 5% juice and loses 10% on average, half of that is the juice. So you end up with a 5% edge doing the opposite. So no money if the juice is 5%.

Few if any people are consistently that bad. Even fewer keep posting on loosing.

Return to “Value betting talk”

232

Login · Register