Professional betting as a Belgian

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
PJD8
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Professional betting as a Belgian

Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:50 am

Dear all,

I have been reading this forum for almost 2 years, without posting/ or even having an account. Since the beginning of March this year, I wanted to post my situation/experience here, but I never felt comfortable taking this leap. Up until now.

I will first introduce myself. I am a Belgian, Electromechanical engineer (master thesis in Aerodynamics/Aeronautics). I am passionate about sports, maths, statistics and physics. If I have read it well on this forum, there are some Belgians here as well, who I’d love to get to know.
In my years at the uni, I earned a nice amount of money with cryptocurrencies, through arbitrage. After being disrupted out of this market, I switched fully to sports betting, which I started doing in 2015. 2019 was the year I really started earning nice figures, through matched betting, value betting and (live) arbing.

Revenues started to drop for me significantly in March this year, with a change in Belgian legislation which from then on prohibited bonus offers. Since March I have still been betting a little in my spare time, but if I would need to convert my earnings to earnings/hr, I would be left below the minimum wage. Not very nice...

Therefore, I would like to increase my profits again. Right now I'm thinking about arbitrage and value betting with betting agents (betinasia/asianconnect/...), as these tend to have sharp bookies with rather high limits. Are there any Belgians on this forum having any experience with this?

If possible I would like to quantify -as far as this is possible- the additional risk involved with working with a betting agent. For example, problems with depositing/withdrawing money, voided bets,... The betting atmosphere can be a nasty place sometimes, and for sure you know that as well.

Further I have some last questions:
- How/where are you guys currently earning money with betting (Belgians only)?
- What is your experience with voided bets with betting agents?
- What is your experience with withdrawal and depositing with betting agents?
- What do you think of my strategy to go arbing/value betting with a betting agent?
- Have you encountered any legal issues yet?

I am really looking forward to hearing back from you. Perhaps I can help you as well. I know a bit of Python, and would love to build code which would enable automated betting with the aid of an API of an alert service.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Have a nice weekend & best regards
Last edited by PJD8 on Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Re: Professional betting as a Belgian

Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:51 pm

@PJ,

Before anything else, welcome to our forum.
I feel the need to comment a little bit on your first post, as you are raising a number of issues.

1. A number of our members have a background of professions related to the sky.
2. Yes, there are some Belgians in our forum and one of them already volunteered to assist you more. Have a look at your PMs.
3. It is a fact, that arbitrage between and among cryptos is still very much alive today. I am wondering what was the factor that kicked you out from that sphere.
4. It is not only your local circumstances, but the breakout of Covid19 made March 2020 a turning point in the industry. We are compiling the annual review of 2020 as we speak, and the consequences of this turning point will be highlighted. Keep in mind, you are not alone, as many members are now helpless and unable to return to previous levels of profits.
5. I am not sure if you get it right, but value betting using agents/brokers might be a very difficult task. Even though you can use agents and brokers for a number of activities, value betting is not on the top of the list.
6. As for the rest of your questions, I suggest you read some more in the forum as you will see 100s of complaints in regards to agents. These will show you which way to go.

Good luck.
PJD8
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: Professional betting as a Belgian

Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:35 am

arbusers wrote: @PJ,

Before anything else, welcome to our forum.
I feel the need to comment a little bit on your first post, as you are raising a number of issues.

1. A number of our members have a background of professions related to the sky.
2. Yes, there are some Belgians in our forum and one of them already volunteered to assist you more. Have a look at your PMs.
3. It is a fact, that arbitrage between and among cryptos is still very much alive today. I am wondering what was the factor that kicked you out from that sphere.
4. It is not only your local circumstances, but the breakout of Covid19 made March 2020 a turning point in the industry. We are compiling the annual review of 2020 as we speak, and the consequences of this turning point will be highlighted. Keep in mind, you are not alone, as many members are now helpless and unable to return to previous levels of profits.
5. I am not sure if you get it right, but value betting using agents/brokers might be a very difficult task. Even though you can use agents and brokers for a number of activities, value betting is not on the top of the list.
6. As for the rest of your questions, I suggest you read some more in the forum as you will see 100s of complaints in regards to agents. These will show you which way to go.

Good luck.
I was doing some kind of semi-automatic arbitrage in crypto om some exchanges. In the end I was kicked out because margins became small and more importantly, the rise of more and more bots who were fully automatic.

It is interesting that the Covid outbreak right now still has such a high impact on the betting sphere, because right now all (European) top sports is available again.

I was not aware of all problems related to betting agents. These are also 'guys' I have never worked with and really don't know.

Thank you very much for your help!

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”