New in Arbitrage

Ask anything about smart gambling
ProletariArber
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

New in Arbitrage

Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:22 am

Hello Guys,

I am new here and I would like to ask you some things related to sports arbitrage (of course)

First of all I would like to congratulate Arbusers for this really useful Forum full of knowledge around sports arbitrage. 15 days now I ve been reading every topic on the forum and even I havent  started arbitrage yet I feel that I earned some valuable Xp points for the beginning. Congratulations also go to the forum members that actively contribute in this "Arbitrage Knowledge library".

Now that credits given its time to get to the point of my first topic:

1.Which 10 bookies do u recommend for the beginning of my arbitrage betting?
2.Will it be difficult to manually search for arbs? I mean, I want to give time in the beginning and experiment myself by trying picking arbs by myself. Is it too time costly that makes the Arbs services a Must Buy?
3.Which service do u recommend to a beginner?
4.Any free ebooks to share for arbitrage betting? PM me if its against the Arbusers policy to be shared in public.
5.Which sport is better to focus on in the beginning and which kind of arbs?
6.Is Moneybookers/Neteller a first spot in Bookies Radars, should I avoid it in the beginning?
7.MoneyBookers or NeTeller?
8.Which bookies from the one u recommend have the "Max Bet" showed to u and how u know which is the max bet in other bookies in order to place the sec leg? I m asking in case of placing legs between softbookies only
9.Which VPN u recommend and why?
10.It s not a sport for sharing top secrets but what about a few tips? ;)

I know that some of the above questions have been partially or totally covered, I just wanted to have all my questions in one topic and why not to add a few later or added by others as well.

I would be really grateful if some of u reply to the above but even if u don t, feel free to "welcome me aboard" even with a "Hi" :)

I am really sorry for my bad english and thank u for your time reading my post.

Cheers  
Last edited by ProletariArber on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arbers of the world unite!
MUCHBET
Pro
ProProProPro

Re: New in Arbitrage

Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:02 am

Hi ProletariArber,

welcome at arbusers - cool username ;)

obviously you should spend even more hours in reading here, as many questions answered many times already here...
(Not showing the indicator-finger to you - just telling!)

much depends on your country of arbing - like Question #1 #3 #7 #8 #9...

Regards
M.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:28 pm

Welcome here Proletari,
1. Betfair, Pinnacle, SBO, bet365, willhill, ladbrokes, stanjames, Marathon, Expekt, bwin.
2. Manually found arbs is not an option in an initial stage.
3. Get a paid service. Rebelbetting, arbexpert, surebetmonitor. Some other might be good options as well.
4. Search around.
5. Soccer, 1x2, o/u, AH.
6. Use both. Not a problem, depending where you are.
7. Both.
8. See ppintaluba above.
9. Those 2 under the vpn section.
10. Use all the deals that you can get from arbusers. Free cash out of nowhere. Avoid anonymous ips like you do right know. The vast majority of bookmaker will kick you out in no time.
bettinglova
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:55 pm

Arbusers wrote: Avoid anonymous ips like you do right know. The vast majority of bookmaker will kick you out in no time.
Can you explain this?What do you mean by anonymus IP  :) Or you can give me a link of thread if its already explained
ppintaluba
Pro
ProProProPro

Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:43 pm

ProletariArber wrote:
Any tips on the betting pattern I should follow in order to delay my "Spotted alarm"? Small bets are better than bigger bets or not? Losing in softbookies will delay my limit, or ita the same whether i m winning in softbookies or not?

@ppintalubm What was your starting capital and how long did i manage to play arbs before the first limits? Which bookies close accounts instead of limiting?
Place rounded stakes: 50, 100, 200, 500, 1000
Bet normal market: Home/Away, 1X2
Bet normal leagues: soccer (spain, italy, UK), basketball (NBA), etc

According to what everybody say, I am an exception. My starting capital was................ less than USD 200 :-)
Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:51 pm

bettinglova wrote:
Arbusers wrote: Avoid anonymous ips like you do right know. The vast majority of bookmaker will kick you out in no time.
Can you explain this?What do you mean by anonymus IP  :) Or you can give me a link of thread if its already explained
An anonymous ip is when your ip doesn't much with any countrie's ips.
ProletariArber
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:08 pm

ppintaluba wrote:
ProletariArber wrote:
Any tips on the betting pattern I should follow in order to delay my "Spotted alarm"? Small bets are better than bigger bets or not? Losing in softbookies will delay my limit, or ita the same whether i m winning in softbookies or not?

@ppintalubm What was your starting capital and how long did i manage to play arbs before the first limits? Which bookies close accounts instead of limiting?
Place rounded stakes: 50, 100, 200, 500, 1000
Bet normal market: Home/Away, 1X2
Bet normal leagues: soccer (spain, italy, UK), basketball (NBA), etc

According to what everybody say, I am an exception. My starting capital was................ less than USD 200 :-)
For how long u managed to place bets on arbs legs before beeing limited? What is the capital u use now?

Thanks for your replies!
ppintaluba
Pro
ProProProPro

Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:38 am

Bet365: 6 months.
Ladbrokes: 4 months. They limited me to 0.
Titan: 8 months
Marathon: 3 months
Panbet: 2 days
William Hill: 3 months
Unibet: 7 months.
Stanjames: 1 day (they invited me to leave)
Betsafe: 1 day
Betsson: 1 month

But I think limits now arrive faster.

My starting balance was 200 so my profit was also very low but I reached more than 2.000 in 8 months (1.000%).
I only bet as a hobby and I work full time on a very good job, so and don't care (by now) about keeping or increasing profit (I want to, but not urgently).
Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com
qbet
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:47 am

1000 is not enough for anything meaningful. I would suggest you only use one sharp for the time being and that book should be Pinnacle. This would give you more liquidity which is preferable at this stage. I would also recommend that you only use 1-5 soft bookies for now. I would in fact use only 1-2 at a time. Your goal should be to bet your bankroll every day at good odds and that should only take a few bets. You don't need an alert service for that but maybe you should use one during the first month only to see how arbitrage works.
Bonuses will also help your bankroll grow at this stage but the problem here is that books don't allow you cash out before the rollover is met. After a few winning bets you could have all your capital trapped in the bonus book and this is a real problem.
Avoid books that are slow at processing withdrawals. Liquidity is the key for now. You don't need to worry about limits.
ppintaluba
Pro
ProProProPro

Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:28 pm

I really don't know, but I imagine that the arbs you could find will also be found by alert services, unless you search for very strange arbitrage situations. Alert service check for lots of combinations so I find it difficult that you could find manually something not detected by automated software. I'm not saying its impossible....

How are you planning to do this search?
Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com
ProletariArber
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:52 pm

Thanks a lot for your replies.

I was thinking to maually search for arbs, but I don t know if it s worth the time. If services can show everything, then no reason for me to do it manually. Otherwise it will be worth i think to try to find manually arbs that do not exist in services where all arbers get them pretty fast.

Other s opinion on this?
risilloch
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:49 pm

No one is going to tell you how to detect arbs that the regular alert services don't provide - that's a trade secret! That knowledge has to be earned, not given for free.

I would suggest you use a free source of arbs if you are just starting out. As you gain experience with bookies, odds and markets you will build an understanding of the art of arbitrage and the practicalities of arbing.

Once you are familiar with the problems that arbers face you can then start to think how you can overcome them.

I understand that services don't cover every possible sports market, I've never used one so i don't know myself, so there must be niches that manual processes could exploit. If the services don't cover a market then it is more likely that the bookies don't have corresponding arber detection logic for that market. So if you can develop a manual process for that market, the existence of the arbs should last longer (as the vast majority of arbers are not exploiting it) and you should avoid detection for longer.

So, definitely a prospect worth pursuing but you need to understand the basics first.
ProletariArber
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:27 am

risilloch wrote: No one is going to tell you how to detect arbs that the regular alert services don't provide - that's a trade secret! That knowledge has to be earned, not given for free.

I would suggest you use a free source of arbs if you are just starting out. As you gain experience with bookies, odds and markets you will build an understanding of the art of arbitrage and the practicalities of arbing.

Once you are familiar with the problems that arbers face you can then start to think how you can overcome them.

I understand that services don't cover every possible sports market, I've never used one so i don't know myself, so there must be niches that manual processes could exploit. If the services don't cover a market then it is more likely that the bookies don't have corresponding arber detection logic for that market. So if you can develop a manual process for that market, the existence of the arbs should last longer (as the vast majority of arbers are not exploiting it) and you should avoid detection for longer.

So, definitely a prospect worth pursuing but you need to understand the basics first.
Thanks for the advise and for the very useful info!!! How come n u didn t try any service, even after u become more exp just to see how it works?
risilloch
Has experience

Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:24 am

I didn't know about them until quite a while into my arbing journey.

Also, I can't give much of my time to arbing so decided that it wasn't good value to pay for a service that I wouldn't get much time to use.
acika
Has experience

Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:05 pm

Dont forget about bonuses too. They could help you build up your bank faster.

Return to “Newbie's questions”