RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Number of arbs per day

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
whitesnake
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Number of arbs per day

Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:03 am

I am wondering how many arbs a pro places a day - weekday and weekend.
Until now my strategy was to place as many as possible and as short-term as possible, but I am starting to doubt this strategy since I feel I might miss some valuable arbs when my money is already locked in bets and also because I have the feeling that this way I am getting faster on bookies radar.
Mi_t_is
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: Number of arbs per day

Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:31 pm

i have that feeling that recommeded is to choose ammount to bet.. For example 100€ at soft book.. and on pinnacle bet value what will calculate surebet calculator.. And bet many bets as possible.

Because you will get limited if you withdraw too often and a lot of money, which is necessary if you are betting for a lot of money and dont have high bank.
whitesnake
Has experience

Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:48 am

Thank you for the answer. So basically, if I understand correctly, you suggest to bet many small bets instead of few and big ones. Please correct me, if I'm wrong.
Lansky
Has experience

Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:35 pm

whitesnake wrote: I am wondering how many arbs a pro places a day - weekday and weekend.
Until now my strategy was to place as many as possible and as short-term as possible, but I am starting to doubt this strategy since I feel I might miss some valuable arbs when my money is already locked in bets and also because I have the feeling that this way I am getting faster on bookies radar.
Depends on the day of the week. The roughly 60 hours period between Friday morning and Sunday afternoon accounts for the Lion's share of the action. Really you should be focusing more on turning your money over about once a week for most of the year. I used to figure on being able to do this about 44 out of 52 weeks of the year. The other 8 weeks from late June to early August was vacation time or arbing at a lower level (screwing around with baseball) with turnover time increased to 10 or 12 days. Something like that.

Also I used 0% or slightly negative arbs to help move money around (more so towards the end of my active arbing when deposits/withdrawals got increasingly hard here in the states).

One useful idea I played around with was what would be the optimal time zone to arb from (or possible scalp Forex from). There are 24 to choose from. I always thought some place slightly behind Europe and ahead of North America and connected to the undersea cables like the Azores or Cape Verde might be good. Though I never got around to trying it. 
In Arbitrage, Percentages are Vanity and Turnover is Sanity.

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”