BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets
RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

RebelBetting

Bet On Sports and Win Every Time
yo
yorkjoss

Re: RebelBetting

Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:48 pm

RB-Simon wrote: Thanks for a constructive idea for improvement. RebelBetting actually did find that arb (see attached screenshot). But judging from the number of exclamation marks, it took longer than you would want. If so, sorry about that. Our Ladbrokes odds might be a bit slow. This is what we will work on improving in the coming weeks.

(Betfair is never delayed more than 15 seconds. 1 second if you select the arb).
rb-simon
  a service that find arbs some of the time is just not good enough, I was logged into your service for 1 hour, in that time the spain arb was not found, you can talk about seconds all you want, with rbetting bookmakers disappear endlessly for hours
at a time, some listed bookmakers just never appear, please don't talk to me about seconds
RB-Simon
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:01 pm

I highly doubt we didn't find that particular arb for over an hour, but we'll monitor Ladbrokes closer.

Regarding seconds, I was talking about Betfair odds. Perhaps I was unclear. Cheers! :)

Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:09 pm

RB-Simon wrote: I highly doubt we didn't find that particular arb for over an hour, but we'll monitor Ladbrokes closer.

Regarding seconds, I was talking about Betfair odds. Perhaps I was unclear. Cheers! :)
your as clear as a bell!!!  it wasn't just the spain arb it was everything from ladbrokes, now after I highlight it ladbrokes is now
working, like coral which is not there on rbetting 90% of the time, yet beatbookies, oddstorm and betburger finds arbs with these bookmakers 100% of the time, rebelbetting is inconsistent, Ladbrokes is now there tomorrow it will disappear again
same with other bookmakers, this is a common problem I have found with rbetting, consistency is what is needed, an alert
service which is reliable, despite your boasts rbetting, your service is unreliable
RB-Simon
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:36 pm

As I've said, we will focus on improving the odds gathering (both speed and reliability) for all bookmakers in the next major release.
Has experienceHas experience

Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:37 am

RB-Simon wrote: As I've said, we will focus on improving the odds gathering (both speed and reliability) for all bookmakers in the next major release.
simon, i agree with the above poster rebelbetting development has been extremely slow this last 18 months. every service seems to go through the same cycle: you started out fresh, lots of new features all the time which makes the product promising, and then suddenly development seems to come to a complete halt while you're not even half way where you should be.
it's nice you have done a betfair update, but i agree what's lacking is a lot bigger than that. so i'm not that interested in what exactly you're improving next, i'm more curious about what's going on behind the screens. has running an arb service been less profitable then you would have hoped?  have the nr of people working on this decreased?  have you found ofher challenges?  just curious, as it's difficult for me to understand why there are quite a few services that invest a lot of time and effort into building a product, only to stop improving it a few years down the road.
RB-Simon
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:29 pm

Hi Vinci. That is a valid question.

First off, our development speed has not decreased. It might seem that way because we have fewer major releases. And the reason for that is simple, maintenance.

The odds gathering and the autosurf is extremely vulnerable to any change of the bookmakers websites. It usually only takes a small modification on the bookmakers website to mess up our code so no odds are being gathered. It is a constant battle for us to keep up with the bookies website changes, especially now that we have 55 of them.

When we started we had 15 bookmakers, and could easily keep up with the changes they did on their sites and still have lots of time over for developing new stuff. Today we might have slightly less time for new feature development, but if you check our changelog you can see we're still very active. We consistently release around 18 new versions every year which I wouldn't call "extremely slow". :)

We're still as active as we were five years ago when we started. We actually have more developer resources now, since 3 years back we have two full-time developers (plus me occationally). And we have no plans of slowing down.

So what happens next and how can we improve? The next major release will change the way we gather odds completely, which will improve both speed and reliability. As an added bonus, We will also detect disappearing odds much quicker.

But we also rely on our customers telling us what they think is most important, so don't hesitate to let us know. Either here or send me an email at simon at rebelbetting.

Cheers,
Simon
CEO RebelBetting
Gaining experience

Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:50 pm

Bookmaking changes are always updating like every day. As long as users know that you're constantly developing new releases, personally, I couldn't complain anymore.
Yngwie
Pro
ProProProPro

Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:26 am

Would be nice if you can increase "feed" speed. For example, I receive an arb alert in xxx software, I receive the same arb alert in rebelbetting 7-8 seconds after. Can you accelerate refresh/feed speed? Thanks.
RB-Simon
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:26 am

Our next major release will be focused on increasing speed. Right now there is a max delay of 60 seconds. We plan to have this down to 20 seconds, possible even faster. This means arbs will appear 40 seconds faster. Work as begun, but it's a big change so it will take a while.
Gaining experience

Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:41 pm

RB-Simon wrote: Our next major release will be focused on increasing speed. Right now there is a max delay of 60 seconds. We plan to have this down to 20 seconds, possible even faster. This means arbs will appear 40 seconds faster. Work as begun, but it's a big change so it will take a while.
I will be very happy if you improve such things on your service. You have a software that its perfect and you loose customers because of delayed arbs...
yo
yorkjoss

Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:54 am

dci2121 wrote:
RB-Simon wrote: Our next major release will be focused on increasing speed. Right now there is a max delay of 60 seconds. We plan to have this down to 20 seconds, possible even faster. This means arbs will appear 40 seconds faster. Work as begun, but it's a big change so it will take a while.
I will be very happy if you improve such things on your service. You have a software that its perfect and you loose customers because of delayed arbs...
rebel betting, yesterday you were working fine and producing arbs form the likes of willhill, ladbrokes and coral amongst others, today with all the same bookmakers selected which includes Betfair at a low comm' rate I am being displayed
zero arbs, not even one, your inconsistency Rebelbetting is so so bad, an alert service should perform to the same level
every minute of every day, not, good today, not working tomorrow, as I said so so bad!!! I am seeing more arbs from
delayed free services , just not good enough!
Last edited by yorkjoss on Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
RB-Simon
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:59 am

Yorkjoss, when checking those 3 bookmakers I can see a dip in the number of odds which means something is wrong on the back end. Thanks for this error report, we will make sure to stabilize the odds gathering today and make sure this doesn't happen again.

If this happens again, email support at rebelbetting and we have a chance of fixing it much faster. I'm sure we can resolve this and make the service much more stable.

Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:50 am

RB-Simon wrote: Yorkjoss, when checking those 3 bookmakers I can see a dip in the number of odds which means something is wrong on the back end. Thanks for this error report, we will make sure to stabilize the odds gathering today and make sure this doesn't happen again.

If this happens again, email support at rebelbetting and we have a chance of fixing it much faster. I'm sure we can resolve this and make the service much more stable.
I've sent emails in the past. makes no difference, so bad I gave up on Rebelbetting, if in the new season things improve, I'll post on here that things are better, the three bookmakers I mentioned previously are constantly
disappearing but I could have mentioned others, I'm no amateur I know the difference between a good alert service
and a bad one,
yo
yorkjoss

Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:22 pm

unbelievably, I have just logged into rebelbetting and it is displaying no arbs, not even a small .01% arb,
I have many top bookmakers selected, I give up with them, they're a waste of my time, there's far better
alert services I can use!!!
Last edited by yorkjoss on Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dci2121
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:00 pm

yorkjoss wrote: unbelievably, I have just logged into rebelbetting and is is displaying no arbs, not even a small .01% arb,
I have many top bookmakers selected, I give up with them, they're a waste of my time, there's far better
alert services I can use!!!
Cheeres

Return to “RebelBetting”