RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Arbing in Germany/Austria/USA

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
Cretan
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Arbing in Germany/Austria/USA

Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:44 pm

What about arbing/bonuses in Germany, in Austria and in U.S.A. nowadays?
As far as I know, in Austria there is no problem with bookmakers, none of them left the country.
In Germany? Is there any law like the one in Greece/Belgium?
What about USA? Pinnaclesports has left USA 3-4 years ago. Are there any bookmakers left? Any bonus for USA citizens?

I have 3 ID offers, one for each country, but I don't know much about them, so if anyone knows what is going on with these countries, I would appreciate any help.
Thank you in advance!
kapetan1122
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Re: Arbing in Germany/Austria/USA

Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:21 pm

As i know Austria is ok but Germany have 10% tax on all bets you place and nobody of euro bookies ll accept USA player so you have problems with this 2 ID.
Cretan
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:07 pm

Thanks for the information kapetan1122.

Additionally, if someone knows, inform me about Holland and France.
Today is the weirdest day, id's come from everywhere, but I don't know their true value!
kapetan1122
To become a Pro

Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:40 pm

Holland is also ok but France is like USA they have law that forbid gambling so no use of France ID.
fnatic91
Pro
ProProProPro

Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:35 am

Germany - taxes (10%)
USA - forbidden
Belgium - taxes
France - forbidden
Italy - forbidden (must use italian bookmakers or bookies branch for example paddypower.it ; bwin.it etc) odds are not exactly the same.
Netherland - OK
Austria - OK
UK - OK
Scandinavian countries - OK
uknow
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:03 am

The tax in Germany is normally 5%.
Austria is great for arbing.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:40 am

Cretan and the others, i think we discussed this thing before. Austria and the UK are the best solutions for an arber/trader of a big caliber.
Snipers would find good value in smaller countries such as Albania, Croatia, and some others.
X_Gambler
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:09 pm

fnatic91 wrote: Belgium - taxes
Recreational gambling profits are tax-free in Belgium. Professional gambling (especially poker players tend to search the rules) is grey zone, unclear, nobody is currently paying taxes.
Secondly : there are 3 kind of bookmakers w.r.t. Belgian law.
  • Bwin / Unibet / .. --> taking belgian license, having .be domain, same odds as international sites
  • All others will sooner or later end up on Belgian's blacklist
    • Accept and don't pursue (SbO / 188 / WH)
    • (explicit or implicit) Refuse blacklisted and wait till European appeal against belgian law (bet365 / betfair)
    [/li]
Cretan
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:47 pm

Thank you all for the information.
I think there is a little inconvenience with most of European id's, so I'll focus only in UK.

Thanks again for your time!
peleus
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:03 pm

kapetan1122 wrote: As i know Austria is ok but Germany have 10% tax on all bets you place and nobody of euro bookies ll accept USA player so you have problems with this 2 ID.
10% just hurt so much! By the way, how does the government keep track to all of these?
kapetan1122
To become a Pro

Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:10 pm

peleus wrote:
kapetan1122 wrote: As i know Austria is ok but Germany have 10% tax on all bets you place and nobody of euro bookies ll accept USA player so you have problems with this 2 ID.
10% just hurt so much! By the way, how does the government keep track to all of these?
I am not from Germany but as i understand all bookies accepted Germany law so when you place your bet your winning is 10% smaller and this happens automatic after you place your bet.
sportoboy
Has experience

Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:55 pm

Bumping this thread as I was interested about the situation in Holland, Switzerland and Denmark.

- I know that in Holland there is currently a 29% tax on player's winnings if they come from a non-licensed bookmaker. Weird thing is that there isn't actually any bookmaker that holds a license in Holland and at the same time all bookmakers accept Dutch players. Can anyone tell me if this 29% tax is actually requested from players and are there any implications whatsoever by using a dutch ID?

- Switzerland hasn't regulated online gambling,  all bookies seem to accept Swiss players, but I haven't find any credible info about taxation on players winnings. Is it a "grey" market?

- Denmark has a regulation applied since a couple of years, most bookmakers seem to have accepted it and applied successfully there. But still I haven't found any info on gambling profit's taxation or obligation by the players to declare gambling profits.

Any info will be greatly appreciated.
NDR
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:47 pm

sportoboy wrote:

- Switzerland hasn't regulated online gambling,  all bookies seem to accept Swiss players, but I haven't find any credible info about taxation on players winnings. Is it a "grey" market?

yes, switzerland is grey market. you have to pay taxes to winnings above 1000 swiss francs.(ca.800€) before it was 50 lulz. the percentage is 35, who will be paid from the bookmakers. you can declare it in your annual tax declaration.
BUT, you only have to pay taxes to the two national accepted bookies/lotterys. this are Swisslos Sporttip and PMU Swisslos (Paris Mutuel Urbain).

sporttip

https://www.swisslos.ch/sporttip/home.do

is worthless, cause the odds are really bad, and you have to play combination bets. sometimes they offer one or two bets where you can place a single bet. but its never in the near for a arb.

PMU (horseraces)

https://www.swisslos.ch/pmu/de/lottoportal/pmu/pmu_home.jsp;jsessionid=226A7F2153D622769ECB9A71BDCAFC88.node7

you can place horse bets in some pubs or cafes on automats. never really tried it, maybe there will be some chances cause the odds move fast. but im sure they dont accept big bets.

otherwise you can open acounts with all bookmakers you want. there is just one who dont allow suisse people. its 188bet. no clue why, but they dont allow.

______

two words for austria and germany.

germany has changed the rules in 2012. the bookmakers have to pay 5% from your winnings.
all bookies who want to be license in germany have to pay it. some bookies dont take it from the players and pay it from her own hand like:

Betsafe
Tipico
ComeOn
Betsson
Expekt
Bet3000 (only when you bet in live center)

rivalo didnt exist in germany cause tipico is one of the bigest players in germany and have to make white business. so they just created rivalo to operate in the grey markets.

austria is a dying horse.
may you hear that the first bookmakers left the country. also betfairs wents away. its pretty sure that
ausstria gets taxes on betting. the question is not if they do it, the question is when they do it.
earlier, before cashpoint changed his management. their name was right. really good odds and a ton of shops and automats. a paradise for sharbing. but the best times are over. they have bader odds now.

so the last good country in the german speaking sector is suisse.
its a small country and the chances are good that they dont regulate the betting market to fast. they give a fuck on the EU and that is good.
Last edited by NDR on Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pls excuse my bad english
GLopez
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:41 pm

sportoboy wrote: Bumping this thread as I was interested about the situation in Holland, Switzerland and Denmark.

- I know that in Holland there is currently a 29% tax on player's winnings if they come from a non-licensed bookmaker. Weird thing is that there isn't actually any bookmaker that holds a license in Holland and at the same time all bookmakers accept Dutch players. Can anyone tell me if this 29% tax is actually requested from players and are there any implications whatsoever by using a dutch ID?

- Denmark has a regulation applied since a couple of years, most bookmakers seem to have accepted it and applied successfully there. But still I haven't found any info on gambling profit's taxation or obligation by the players to declare gambling profits.

I can only answer on Holland:
Yes there is still a monopoly in place and that means players have to pay 29% of net winnings each month. The players have to fill in a tax paper each month with the declaration. However, nobody does this and the tax service doesn't really bother to chase after it since the costs of this would probably be higher than the rewards (not many people in Holland gamble after all) and they have other priorities. So technically you would have to report your winnings each month and pay, but in practice you won't have problems if you don't do it.
uknow
Has experience

Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:47 pm

Which bookmakers left Austria? And where do you got the info about taxes?

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”