RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

how bookmakers fix odds

Ask anything about smart gambling
jagas
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

how bookmakers fix odds

Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:30 am

hey guys, need some help here because i know a majority of user here are pros, i have been thinking and trying to find out if there is a technique bookmakers use to know what odd to place for a bet, example match between everton and chelsea, yes we know chelsea is favoured but everton is good too, why not just make 2 way bet of them 1.91 and 1.91, instead the bookmakers choose another approach and favours one greatly and the other less, even why not 1.3 and 4.00.

how do they know the exact odd to choose, and they all seem to conform to it, is there a central place to check the opening odds or what?

i hope my question is clear? i can explain more though?
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Re: how bookmakers fix odds

Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:50 pm

Odds are originating in the Chinese bookmakers. These bookmakers are not open for the common gambler. They are the first to air early odds, so it is them who do the hard work. After a couple of hours or days, the market gives the real price to every outcome, but dont expect huge diferences. Their compilers are simply the best.
X_Gambler
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:18 pm

Even for the 2 upcoming rounds of major leagues in Europe? For some reason odds comparison sites pick up first bwin bringing those before the open asians show any sign of activity..
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:12 pm

There are other far east bookmakers not available to the general public. EPL's odds are up from Monday noon.
It is not the traders that fix the initial price. We are not talking about exchanges.

Return to “Newbie's questions”