RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Meeting an odds-setter

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
Mobile Gnome
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Meeting an odds-setter

Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:15 pm

One of my friends is good friends with someone who sets the odds at a major bookmakers.

We're going on a night out soon where he'll be there, and apparently he loves to talk about his job.

I'm going to see if I can glean some information from him regarding bookmaker's strategies and potential way to stay under the radar that I don't yet know. I have no idea if this will prove useful at all yet, but does anyone have any burning questions that you think might be useful that I put to him?
Mobile Gnome
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: Meeting an odds-setter

Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:30 pm

Actually my first post was introducing myself to the board as a newbie, looking forward to constructive advice from experience board members, as well as asking advice about my friend's accounts, but it was removed for the latter reason.

Yes I am new to pure arbing, but have been matched betting for a number of years.  Fair enough, I'm new to the  scene and I'm putting the time in here reading everything I can learning the ropes, that's why I was unsure if meeting someone within the bookmaker industry would actually help. I'm soaking up knowledge like a sponge here and just trying to take every piece of advice on board, so I appreciate your post.
caraPan
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:48 pm

Mobile Gnome wrote: Actually my first post was introducing myself to the board as a newbie, looking forward to constructive advice from experience board members, as well as asking advice about my friend's accounts, but it was removed for the latter reason.

Yes I am new to pure arbing, but have been matched betting for a number of years.  Fair enough, I'm new to the  scene and I'm putting the time in here reading everything I can learning the ropes, that's why I was unsure if meeting someone within the bookmaker industry would actually help. I'm soaking up knowledge like a sponge here and just trying to take every piece of advice on board, so I appreciate your post.
Hi Mobile Gnome,

Ask him what teams gets a higher moneyflow

it would be helpful!

Thanks!
swedplay
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:32 pm

Mobile Gnome wrote: One of my friends is good friends with someone who sets the odds at a major bookmakers.

We're going on a night out soon where he'll be there, and apparently he loves to talk about his job.

I'm going to see if I can glean some information from him regarding bookmaker's strategies and potential way to stay under the radar that I don't yet know. I have no idea if this will prove useful at all yet, but does anyone have any burning questions that you think might be useful that I put to him?
Hi man!

Ask how many footballmatches an odds-setter can handle at the same time. Or is it one odds-setter for every single game?

Is he doing a lot of manual work during a fotballgame, and how much of his workingtime is just controling that the odds-robot is doing its work. Is it less manual work now adays than it was five years ago?

And ask him if he can see clear changes in money-flow from the customers when he is giving out a nice value-odds in-play.
Last edited by swedplay on Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
Mobile Gnome
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:51 pm

Thanks, all Q's taken on board, I'll let you know if I obtain anything useful after meeting this weekend.

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”