RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Matchbook

Info about betting exchanges.
Tocko
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Re: Matchbook

Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:30 pm

doncht wrote: Any updates here by any chance if you got a word from them?
i didn't contact them but i think this is the answer what ppintaluba wrote

As you are laying two independent outcomes, they know you can't lose both bets. I never did  the calculation, but I assume they let you bet considering you would win one that gives you less money (at least you will have this money). Something like that...
DonkeyKong
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:45 pm

How do you guys calculate your arbs on Matchbook?

The regular calculators are wrong because MB takes the commission if we lose too. What fraction of a % do you take out of an arb when it is with MB?

I have been making some 0.4% arbs(according to alert services) with MB and it seems like these give me close to nothing really.
excellency23
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:14 pm

DonkeyKong wrote: How do you guys calculate your arbs on Matchbook?

The regular calculators are wrong because MB takes the commission if we lose too. What fraction of a % do you take out of an arb when it is with MB?

I have been making some 0.4% arbs(according to alert services) with MB and it seems like these give me close to nothing really.
if the odds are over 2.00, write %0 commission. you will give them %1 of backer's bet in every case.. if the odd is 1,50 write %0.5. if 1,20 write %0.8. if 1.80 write %0.2 and like that. don't ask me why. my english not that good for explain this. :)
BO
BOOYAKA

Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:55 pm

matchbook are going to put commission up to 1.15% for uk users because of the new uk tax laws.  :(
Skaggerak
Pro
ProProProPro

Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:46 pm

Pretty sneaky offer at the weekend,enhanced offer on the Utd Hull game for anyone who signed up,then id verification was conveniently held off until Sunday so couldn't deposit ???
Thordin
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:23 pm

What is their e-wallet deposit/withdraw policy at the moment?
Is there a point opening a straight account or just go through AC 0.1% cashback?
AllEars
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:33 pm

Well how nice. I got raped by a glitch at Matchbook tonight. Tried to make a bet on a nice arb and placed my bet on MB. The system glitches and the bet doesn't doesn't show up anywhere. I log out and back in, but still no sign of the bet. Oh well, try again and still no success.

I then contact the support who tell me that they are having issues and that the bet hasn't been received and that I should try again in 10-15 minutes. I do, but it still doesn't work. I give up, and take the bet elsewhere (mb was the second part of the arb).

1½ hours later when I log to my MB account I find that bet placed in my account, much to my surprise. How nice. Unsurprisingly I lose the bet and contact support, who shrug their shoulders saying they can't do anything right now.

So, anybody else had the same glitch?
dealer wins
Totally Pro

Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:20 pm

Had similar glitches a few times, where the bet shows as matched but its not, or the bet shows as unmatched but it is matched.

Thankfully I have found that by logging out, in again it solves it, but they do need to sort this out and quick.

Sorry you took a loss, and I cant see MB refunding it either im afraid.

With MB I never place a bet within 5 mins of the start time, too risky that it will go wrong!
Never trust a goose!!!
AllEars
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:05 pm

dealer wins wrote: Had similar glitches a few times, where the bet shows as matched but its not, or the bet shows as unmatched but it is matched.

Thankfully I have found that by logging out, in again it solves it, but they do need to sort this out and quick.

Sorry you took a loss, and I cant see MB refunding it either im afraid.

With MB I never place a bet within 5 mins of the start time, too risky that it will go wrong!
Yeah, I'm not holding my breath for a refund. I guess what bugs me the most is that I did log in and out several times and check with support that the bet didn't go through.

But mostly just trying to share so that somebody might recognize the situation if they run into it. At least I got to experience some real "betting excitement" while watching the stream of the match.
AllEars
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:39 am

Hey guys, I'd really appreciate your input here as the case has progressed a bit.

Matchbook support is asking me for a screenshot of the bet I placed elsewhere to handle the case, with a chance of them actually compensating something.

How big of a risk am I taking that the site I have made the bet at becomes flagged as an arbitrage account? I suppose Matchbook should see me as an ally in this, as they stand to win in the long run when I place arbitrage bets, but maybe I'm missing something?
Thordin
Totally Pro

Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:42 am

i dont think they will contact the other bookie asking confirmation.
Nevertheless cover as much info as possible.

Personally, its been quite a few times i could possibly argue for a refund with bookies, but I don't do nothing just to don't attract attention
qbet
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:51 am

Are you sure they are asking about a screenshot of your other bet? That is irrelevant to them.

Maybe they need a screenshot of your Matchbook account and if it shows that no bet is registered they might refund it. Did your available to bet balance change after the bet? Didn't the bet appear at your current bet history? Did you capture any of that ?
AllEars
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:01 am

qbet wrote: Are you sure they are asking about a screenshot of your other bet? That is irrelevant to them.

Maybe they need a screenshot of your Matchbook account and if it shows that no bet is registered they might refund it. Did your available to bet balance change after the bet? Didn't the bet appear at your current bet history? Did you capture any of that ?
Quote from the e-mail:

"Would you be able to provide us with a screen shot of evidence of this wager you placed elsewhere, and I will then be able to raise this issue with upper management and have them look into the matter for you?"
qbet
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:15 am

I see. I think they should refund you because you didn't receive a confirmation and not because you are an arber. It's an embarrassing situation for Matchbook but showing favoritism towards arbers is not the right approach either.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:32 am

My imagination is wicked I must confess.
I don't know what was the exact bet and if that bet was within the market's fluctuation or not. In case that there was something very extreme, MB might be suspecting a manipulation in the price. In this case, it would be good to provide the screenshot from the other bookmaker, showing that you indeed had arming action and not something else. Also, I hope that the other bookmaker's account is in your name.
Don't start the bad comments. This post is a product of a wicked imagination.

Return to “Exchanges”