Arbing ONLY sharp bookies

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
swedplay
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Arbing ONLY sharp bookies

Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:49 am

Hello hard working arb people.

I've been arbing for a long time now, and it's getting tiering to fix new accounts all the time, tiering to call friends and take up their time with id-scans, documents etc.

So, Is it possible to arb just sharp bookies and betfair to get a decent profit? Or profit at all? It would be great to know that one can turn to only sharps when you don't feel to call yet another person to ask for a new account. Has anyone tried this, if so, how did it go for you?

I'm doing mostly live arbing.

Have a great unlimited arbing Sunday folks!

btw, the  new 6,5% commission at Betfair, huh, I hate Betfair.

/Swedplay

Last edited by swedplay on Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Re: Arbing ONLY sharp bookies

Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:23 am

In general the answer would be ''No''.
However, I cant reject the possibility that some ''brains'' in here are doing it.
Some time ago, I was arbing using Betfair and Pinnacle strictly. How could I do this?
I manipulated my Betfair account to bring it to 2% commission rate. With a commission rate like this, you can do several things. In big leagues where the juice is extremely low in Pinnacle (and others) and esepecially in high odds, i was able to secure a 0.4-0.5% arb. This perecentage might sound low, but in reality it isnt. If I m able to enable 3-5-8k in Pinnacle in high odds >8, then i was taking this percentage for 40.000 euros, and that would be 160-200 euros. Not to mention the cash back that I was getting from the affiliate deals from both Betfair and Pinnacle. An other plus in this situation, is that i didnt care about limits etc.
Now, as you see I m using past tense, because i moved 1 step forward.
Porthugz
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:28 am

Arbusers wrote: Now, as you see I m using past tense, because i moved 1 step forward.
Can you tell us or give us a hint about what you mean when you say "one step forward"?

My guess would be live arbing?
johnsmith
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:56 am

my guess is he's moving to the dark side....only betting one side  8)
swedplay
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:31 pm

Thanks for interesting answers. I've also noticed that many bookies got very low or even no juice on their high odds in some situations, I'm gonna check that out with Pinny, but I guess they are to tight nowadays.

But I'm not giving up, I'm thinking there must be a way to find at least some smaller live-arbing-patterns to take advantage of between Pinny, SBO, 188 and Betfair.

When loads of money comes in on Betfair in a soccer-match and changes the odds suddenly for example, are the sharp books really so sharp that they change the odds according to those changes?
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
X_Gambler
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:03 am

No the sharps aren't always as fast but you are in competition with a high amount of bots who are making sure that this move is passed from betfair to the sharps..
Even within betfair markets itself (e.g. clean sheet vs team total goals) it's possible to arb that way, but it's pretty much impossible to do that manually..
anormal1992
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:10 am

I thought that almost always betfair was showing sharps change. The biggest volume is on sharps (maybe exept live tennis)
portman
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:30 am

Of course it is possible but it commands for some skills. You have to secure a good grasp on the way that odds are formed, a sense of trends, then bring in some trading skills and foremost...be very very quick in thinking and acting
portman
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:30 pm

bri999 wrote:
portman wrote: Of course it is possible but it commands for some skills. You have to secure a good grasp on the way that odds are formed, a sense of trends, then bring in some trading skills and foremost...be very very quick in thinking and acting
I know it's possible, I've done it, when I run out of friends then I'd do it more but you can't get every arb, it's all about
utilising your resources, your time and your skills, there is different skill levels at arbing just like anything else, this type
of arbing is highly skilled maybe I just can't compete with the Greeks but for now I prefer to do the less risky arbing.
If I had a steady flow of id's then i would rather prefer to avoid arbing among the sharps...because i would certainly avoid those terrible headaches at the end of each day  :)
Yngwie
Pro
ProProProPro

Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:43 pm

How many of you quitted Betfair after outrageous %6.5 comission increase?

*Not to mention, it's %7 in some countries.
ArbTrade
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:22 am

LOL those greedy bastards BF. For all this years of arbing i maybe used them three times just to lay bets with i didnt cover earlier for some reason. For me it is useless now even more.
ppintaluba
Pro
ProProProPro

Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:40 am

Yngwie/Sawyer wrote: How many of you quitted Betfair after outrageous %6.5 comission increase?

*Not to mention, it's %7 in some countries.
I withdrew all my balance exactly when the commission changed, just to show my dissatisfaction, but I will deposit again if I have to.
Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com
bookielover
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:26 pm

Matchbook is doing a great job, maybe some day, they will trash them
ranrom
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:23 am

I have a question, maybe somebody can help me out: heard on this forum you cannot arb between sharp bookmakers. Still, for a very limited period of time you can. Unfortunately I dont use alert services (at least not so far) and I pick the arbs myself or only use trial versions of such alerts. But noticed that for 1 minute, even less, you can find arbs (1-2% between pinny and sbo/12bet/188bet etc). Problem is you don't always have time to make calculations and place the bet without risk of having the odds changed immediately.
Question: when such arbs appear, is it a rule who changes the odd first? Or do they both change odds in reversed directions? Because, if the asian let's say, changes odds 90% of the time, you can just bet "in blind" on the asian the max allowed and then in 90% of the occasions you'll still have the arb @ Pinnacle 2 minutes later .
You had such experienced?
uknow
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:37 am

I strongly doubt these surebets occur for one minute. Did you actually check the odds at both sites or did you only check the alert service?

to your question: there is no universal rule which odds or bookmakers change their odds first.

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”