RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Blocked odds

Ask anything about smart gambling
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Blocked odds

Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:02 am

It is a common phenomenon to see bookmakers suspending betting markets and thus not allowing further betting in specific events. This could be triggered by a number of reasons, and an experienced bettor like our members should be able to exploit these situations and make money out of them.

We will not talk about the reasons for the suspension as we do not care about them. What we care for, are the results and the opportunities created from the suspension of the markets. It makes no sense checking news sources, or other pre-match information as it will come very late to the wider audience. A good observation of the market will alert us far before any website or TV channel. To achieve this good observation, all we need is a fast alert service or an odds comparison website. Alternatively, we can check manually the odds in bookmakers and exchanges. In addition, it is worth mentioning that some extremely experienced bettors are able to read markets to such an extent, that they can anticipate a rapid odd movement before it really happens. We will not elaborate on that, as this is not the scope of this post.

So here we are, our alert service is showing a rapid odd movement and already a number of bookmakers suspended the market. We need to find which bookmakers are the last to react, and then answer the question, will these bookmakers void our bets? Bookmakers that will void our bets are not good for our purposes. To answer this question, certain market experience is required. Many bookmakers will void our bets if they are marked as highly suspicious. There is also a possibility they will void our bets, simply because their liability is big.

When we place our bets on the bookmakers that will not void, then we have to answer the next question, what are we going to do with them? A rapid odd movement that will force bookmakers to block the odds and suspend the market, includes a very good possibility there is value hidden there. If we are value bettors, we better keep these bets and not cover them in exchange simply because we have a value bet. However, many times these situations are not that simple. Many times the odds will jump up and down like a cardiogram. In these situations, we can’t be sure if we have value by holding our bets. Only market experience can tell when we should let our bets run, and when we should cover them.

There is always a possibility that we are not fast enough to place our bets on a reliable soft bookmaker. What is left is to place our bets in an exchange, hoping that we will lay them at a better price, or let them run if we know we have value. Many times, offline bookmakers, are the last to react in a rapid odd movement. In addition, shops are not voiding bets that easily. Maybe it is worth placing your bets in a shop instead of an online bookmaker. But this is a subject of circumstances.

To sum up, market experience is required to decide what to do when odds are blocked and markets are suspended. This experience will show you even more ways, not mentioned here, how to act in situations like this.
kustef
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Blocked odds

Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:49 am

This can be good indicator, but please dont care about something like fixed matches. There are only few ways how to make money from betting. One of them is value betting

Once again the key is find better odds than pinnacle offers and you dont need to look at information if ronaldo will play or not, or if there will be storm or not. You even dont need to care about stats. If you find better odds you got the value and you will be sucesfull in long run.. See CaraPan last posts to know that he is doing amazing profits..

1. open soft bookmaker site
2. open pinnaclesports site
3. find higher odd in soft bookmaker
4. take profits

Every night come back here and follow some guys who have positive karma and sometimes share how successful you are in values.
Good luck
neopas
Pro
ProProProPro

Blocked odds

Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:27 pm

So we are coming back to the eternal question, when to cover a bet and when to let it run. I would personally take option A to avoid the long path of market experience and to be sure that even a small profit stays in the pocket.
crowned
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Blocked odds

Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:32 pm

neopas wrote: So we are coming back to the eternal question, when to cover a bet and when to let it run. I would personally take option A to avoid the long path of market experience and to be sure that even a small profit stays in the pocket.
Most of the times that would be the wrong thing to do, but indeed will help you sleep well at night and avoid the liquid performance of value betting.
BTW, most of the arbers of the old guard switched to value betting as far as I know and there are reasons for that.
peny22
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Blocked odds

Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:35 pm

Are they talking about pre-match blocks or during a given match?
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Blocked odds

Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:24 am

peny22 wrote: Are they talking about pre-match blocks or during a given match?
I am not sure to whom this question is, but in my article above I was strictly referring to pre-match blocks.
neopas
Pro
ProProProPro

Blocked odds

Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:28 am

Iarb247365 wrote:
Hello

I have seen in oddsportal that there is a tool called blocked odds, an it shows matches where a lot of bookies have close.

Why is this tool useful, what can you do with it?? find fixed matches??

Thanks for answering
I am surprised by the resilience of odds portal. The are in the market since the birth of the internet and they are still a reliable website with excellent widgets.
Goojybooboo
Has experience

Blocked odds

Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:27 pm

Who is the first to block odds? Offline bookmakers on on line? I am trying to find a pattern but there isn't any. It seems that every bookmaker has som sources of information and these are not shares with other bookmakers. When a bookmaker blocks the odds in one game, then other bookmakers follow. Even though their lines are not competitive and not appearing in the alert services.
Wolfie
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Blocked odds

Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:51 pm

Goojybooboo wrote: Who is the first to block odds? Offline bookmakers on on line? I am trying to find a pattern but there isn't any. It seems that every bookmaker has som sources of information and these are not shares with other bookmakers. When a bookmaker blocks the odds in one game, then other bookmakers follow. Even though their lines are not competitive and not appearing in the alert services.
Most of the bookmakers buy odds from odds providers. After that they adjust based on total stake played at each line. But odds are blocked at the same time for all bookies who use the same provider. Very often many providers at same time block the same line resulting in 2 bookies which are not using the same provider to block odds at the same time for a particular match. Most of the time it happens when something specific takes place in the match. Or if the odds provider realizes its opinion for this match is not correct.
Cenamoli
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Blocked odds

Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:45 pm

But what we do when bookmaker block markets during the match ?? Many times they deduct half-time markets or you just can't bet on a game in general (neither in handicap nor on over/under), odds are missing. Does they really know something or  just following the general trend which may be some big bets on the exchange or some rumors  before the start? Is there a way to recognize when there is value and when they just follow others because they are afraid of sure bets?
peny22
Has experience

Blocked odds

Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:25 am

You can see these situations often at bet365.
Cenamoli
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Blocked odds

Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:42 am

peny22 wrote: You can see these situations often at bet365.
In 365 it is a daily phenomenon, but recently and especially after Covid-19 big bookmakers (like Pinnacle, Singbet etc) open and close odds for matches in-play and finally block odds at all. Usually big drops leads to this blocks.  I have many examples in my mind . Αnd the question is if anyone  can  take advantage of this ''blocks'' in soft bookmakers (mostly european ) or on shops ?
neopas
Pro
ProProProPro

Blocked odds

Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:28 pm

If you read in the forum you ll see that even Pinnacle (winners welcome joke) and Singbet found their match and they are no longer able to stop smart betting, unless they void/confiscate funds.
In your question. Do you really have enough time to place these in-play bets? I mean, you first need to understand what is going on and why the bookmaker blocked the odds, and then decide where/how to bet. I believe it is not possible to do it online because many bookmakers react when Pinnacle blocks odds. But maybe you can place these bets in shops. But how would you decide that fast why the game is blocked?
Cenamoli
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Blocked odds

Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:55 pm

neopas wrote: If you read in the forum you ll see that even Pinnacle (winners welcome joke) and Singbet found their match and they are no longer able to stop smart betting, unless they void/confiscate funds.
In your question. Do you really have enough time to place these in-play bets? I mean, you first need to understand what is going on and why the bookmaker blocked the odds, and then decide where/how to bet. I believe it is not possible to do it online because many bookmakers react when Pinnacle blocks odds. But maybe you can place these bets in shops. But how would you decide that fast why the game is blocked?
There are many reasons that  Pinnacle have difficulties with smart betting in years of Covid-19 , but was a .discussion for a another topic . Now to your question ,my small experience teachs me that if Pinnacle block odds (in-play) this happens for 2-3 reasons (firstly because he accepted very big bets or secondly the trader has made a wrong estimate , or big dropping odds on other bookmakers and don't want sure bettors).This happens mainly in small markets like club friendlies ,youth championships , minor leagues etc , rarely will you see something like this happen in big markets. Now I do not know exactly the percent of wins /losses for this (blocked) bets .I have examples with 0-0 half time and 4-0 full time and other that score was 1-0 on 78' minute and over 2,5 offered 1,8 -1,90  and match finished 1-0 .Now if you find bookmaker / shop that offer the specific match / market , after the first reaction (Pinnacle block) usually markets return with lower odds and you can find something if goals scored in the end of the match or after a big time gap without goal in match . Also you can try asian goals or handicaps .In my opinion time is the less problem .The biggest problem  in this matches are  liquidity ;) . Of course there will be and other techniques that ''big sharks'' :D will use if they find these informations . I will really be interested in the opinion of every smart player about all this .
Goojybooboo
Has experience

Blocked odds

Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:20 pm

I was wondering what happened to these famous Albanian fixes of the past. Do you think the situation is normalised there?

Return to “Newbie's questions”