RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Help on suspended game

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
whitesnake
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Help on suspended game

Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:13 pm

I have an open bet on x2 on the game Tolima - Atletico Huila  on soft book which is still active. The game was played yesterday and suspended at score 0-1 in minute 24. It will be played today from min 24 from the same score. Pinnacle voided the bet I had on Tolima and will not offer the game in-play and also will not reinstate the bet. Betfair will not offer the game in-play either although the page with the game is still there (http://www.betfair.com/exchange/football/event?id=27157022&inPlay=true). (I talked to them on chat). I checked other books where I have accounts, but none of them is offering this game pre- or in-play.

So.. what are my options to avoid having an open bet?
vinciguerra
Has experience

Re: Help on suspended game

Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:47 pm

whitesnake wrote: I have an open bet on x2 on the game Tolima - Atletico Huila  on soft book which is still active. The game was played yesterday and suspended at score 0-1 in minute 24. It will be played today from min 24 from the same score. Pinnacle voided the bet I had on Tolima and will not offer the game in-play and also will not reinstate the bet. Betfair will not offer the game in-play either although the page with the game is still there (http://www.betfair.com/exchange/football/event?id=27157022&inPlay=true). (I talked to them on chat). I checked other books where I have accounts, but none of them is offering this game pre- or in-play.

So.. what are my options to avoid having an open bet?
perhaps it's live with the asians, but if it's not:  arbing isn't risk free, every now and then this stuff happens.  the away team is 0-1 up, and you have an X2-bet,  doesn't sound like a bad place to be in.  :-\
peleus
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:03 pm

It's really a tough situation when a game gets suspended. But which provider is the best one for this scenario do you think?
whitesnake
Has experience

Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:37 pm

Thank you all for the answers and hints. I managed to get away yesterday in a way I cannot share publicly. As Murphy is a close friend of mine, a game I have yesterday placed an arb has been postponed, Pinnacle voided Team1 +0.5 bet, while soft book has T2 bet still open. And it is again a game from South America...  Statistics websites do not show that this game will be played, so I am hoping the 48h, when soft book will void the bet, will pass.  Strange though how they do not offer the game in-play when it is played at the later time. After all Max, I guess the CL game which you mean has been offered in-play at that time.
Last edited by whitesnake on Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whitesnake
Has experience

Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:56 pm

that must have caused you some sweating there..
whitesnake
Has experience

Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:23 pm

Still nowhere to find an indication of when this game will be played, hopefully the 48 hours will pass.

Le.  fortunately this game hasn't been played, so the open bet was voided.
Last edited by whitesnake on Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whitesnake
Has experience

Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:25 pm

It happened again to me that Pinn voided a bet from a suspended game which will take place today. As the bet in the current state is lost at soft book and won at Pinn, the stake from soft book would be lost.  I do not want to go into the details of this game, I want to ask you how you deal with the different rules between sharps and softs. This game made me realize that Pinn is voiding  much faster markets from games which were suspended/postponed and that such a scenario might wipe out a big part of the hard earned profit from the current month or even 2 months if large stakes.  Is there any other way to deal with this pitfall, beside hoping that winnings and losses from such scenarios will even long term, trying to hedge to minimize losses or accepting that arbing is not risk free, as one of our colleagues has written above?

Thanks a lot.
ppintaluba
Pro
ProProProPro

Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:41 pm

Well. arbing is not risk free. Almost risk free  :D. I take care on tennis because delays and players withdrawing is common. On other sports there are basic rules you must check (overtime and penalties, etc) but I personally do not care to much about suspensions. This can happen, but in the long term shouldn't be a problem. And if suspensions are before the game, in general you can minimize loses. If you care about all rules, maybe you would not play any bet. The baseball game for today between NY Yankees and Chicago Cubs has been postponed. Hopefully my both bets will be cancelled.
Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com
whitesnake
Has experience

Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:25 pm

Thanks ppintaluba for the detailed answer, I just hope that this problems will not affect you very often.
Max, yes, I did, they settled the bet according to their rules and are not flexible about it.

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”