pro poker plr for arb betting

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
goldeneyehd
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

pro poker plr for arb betting

Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:15 pm

hi guys,
im new into this forums and domain, Im an  online poker player winner for like the last 4-5 yrs but due to games getting harder my monthly profits have dropped from 30k+ to around 10k or evan under and im thinking of trying new things, I have a decent bankroll from poker and I wanna ask u if you would give up poker in my situation for arb betting, I wanna emphasize that if I try play poker 6-9h per day I can raise my profits to over 15k probably but its with a lot of stress due to downswings. I will appreciate the opinion of some of the most succesfull arbers around here . thank you very much.
Yngwie
Pro
ProProProPro

Re: pro poker plr for arb betting

Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:53 pm

Yeah, Arbing can be a more profitable business then your poker thing but don't expect to make 20-30k in your early months if you're a beginner arber. Newbie arbers are very prone to mistakes and these mistakes will cost you money. You will gain experience by time and will spot and discover bookies' specific weak points and will be able to find arbs more quickly.

Of course, there isn't something such as free money. Arbing requires lightning quick reflexes, patience,good bankroll, time, time and time. I wish you good luck in your quest. Don't be demoralized if you fail to make good profits in your early months, gaining experience is more important. Your targets, your goals will get higher and higher by time and you may be able to make much higher profits, even much more profit then your old poker income. Good luck!
Last edited by Yngwie on Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anormal1992
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:16 am

I wouldnt switch something that i am experienced for something new that i need to learn step by step if the incomes aren't  a lot better. Your profits from poker aren't bad at all. I am curious about what tables do you play(stakes) and which poker platform do you use? Have you ever experienced problems with withdrawals been accused for chip dumping ? I understand that poker is stresful but i think you will experience more problems with bookmakers that you cant avoid. TBH if i would  feel comfortable even with 10k in a month i wouldnt switch,same as i will not switch arbing for something new when i start earning the profits i always wanted. Going on with poker and starting arbing slowly would be the wiser choise IMO. Good luck.
Yngwie
Pro
ProProProPro

Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:37 am

Maybe he is looking for something less stress level? Arbing is not stress free either but stress level is much lower then poker and betting.
goldeneyehd
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:09 am

anormal1992 wrote: I wouldnt switch something that i am experienced for something new that i need to learn step by step if the incomes aren't  a lot better. Your profits from poker aren't bad at all. I am curious about what tables do you play(stakes) and which poker platform do you use? Have you ever experienced problems with withdrawals been accused for chip dumping ? I understand that poker is stresful but i think you will experience more problems with bookmakers that you cant avoid. TBH if i would  feel comfortable even with 10k in a month i wouldnt switch,same as i will not switch arbing for something new when i start earning the profits i always wanted. Going on with poker and starting arbing slowly would be the wiser choise IMO. Good luck.
i'm playing cash games from 5 10$ blinds to 10/20 pokerstars fulltilt partypoker and no I never had problems with caashouts in 5 years, that's what the poker sites look for regulars to rake for them. So yes I think would be wise to start arb betting in parallel, maybe I could evan do both at same time but I highly doubt it. oh and do you guys use any paid alert services or you get the odds manually? don't u get flagged by bookies when they see u bet on arb betting softwares games all the time? what u think of live arb betting is that something I should do also? I heared of some people ion my country that win when they bet on live games a lot.
Thordin
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:44 am

goldeneyehd wrote:
anormal1992 wrote: I wouldnt switch something that i am experienced for something new that i need to learn step by step if the incomes aren't  a lot better. Your profits from poker aren't bad at all. I am curious about what tables do you play(stakes) and which poker platform do you use? Have you ever experienced problems with withdrawals been accused for chip dumping ? I understand that poker is stresful but i think you will experience more problems with bookmakers that you cant avoid. TBH if i would  feel comfortable even with 10k in a month i wouldnt switch,same as i will not switch arbing for something new when i start earning the profits i always wanted. Going on with poker and starting arbing slowly would be the wiser choise IMO. Good luck.
i'm playing cash games from 5 10$ blinds to 10/20 pokerstars fulltilt partypoker and no I never had problems with caashouts in 5 years, that's what the poker sites look for regulars to rake for them. So yes I think would be wise to start arb betting in parallel, maybe I could evan do both at same time but I highly doubt it. oh and do you guys use any paid alert services or you get the odds manually? don't u get flagged by bookies when they see u bet on arb betting softwares games all the time? what u think of live arb betting is that something I should do also? I heared of some people ion my country that win when they bet on live games a lot.
Lots of opportunities in arb betting but more chances for mistakes also. Some times just bad luck causes your first leg to lose, a goal within 10 seconds after you place a bet...
But its more stressful than pre-match and you should know at least the basics regarding odds movement.
I think i would stick with poker.
But you can always try something new and just switch back if it goes wrong
ranrom
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:08 pm

Give up 15 k a month? How many of you make 15K / month by arbing?!?
If I would constantly make 15k/month I would never think of quitting... Because of stress? How is that? Stress that you win 15 K every month by staying home and playing poker with dummies?
qbet
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:54 pm

Because at the stakes he is playing he could loose 10-20K on a bad day, though his story doesn't sound credible to me.
ranrom
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:27 pm

qbet wrote: Because at the stakes he is playing he could loose 10-20K on a bad day, though his story doesn't sound credible to me.
No in 5/10 $ tables he will not win /lose 10K a day and surely not 20K. I was playing poker 1/2 EUR blinds and in a very good day I won 500 and in a very bad day lost 500 EUR (playing 3-4 tables at once), so for him it would multiply by 5 at most. This story doesnt look credible to me neither. There's no stress if you win constantly. I had my good days in poker and was hardly waiting to get home, play & win ...
caraPan
Has experience

Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:56 pm

if you win 20k every month why would you change to arbitrage.

not credible at all.
qbet
To become a Pro

Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:26 pm

ranrom wrote:
qbet wrote: Because at the stakes he is playing he could loose 10-20K on a bad day, though his story doesn't sound credible to me.
No in 5/10 $ tables he will not win /lose 10K a day and surely not 20K. I was playing poker 1/2 EUR blinds and in a very good day I won 500 and in a very bad day lost 500 EUR (playing 3-4 tables at once), so for him it would multiply by 5 at most. This story doesnt look credible to me neither. There's no stress if you win constantly. I had my good days in poker and was hardly waiting to get home, play & win ...
He mentions 10/20 as well. For me the swings were  higher. +-5BIs was business as usual and 10BIs though rare could happen. I was playing short-handed.
And I have heard the story of the  poker pro who is thinking of switching to arbing many times but you usually never hear from them again. And he never had problems with payments, not even when Full Tilt collapsed. Most people were affected by that. It could be true but I am skeptical.
Last edited by qbet on Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goldeneyehd
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:42 pm

caraPan wrote: if you win 20k every month why would you change to arbitrage.

not credible at all.
I play poker for 5 yrs now and the harder the games the bigger the swings, you can lose evan 20 session in a row that's almost 20 days thatsl ike the worst I had in my career, but the games are hard these days so is no fun at all when u start playing in a dayand lose 5k today klose 5k tomorrow lose 2k the next day, u feel like shit trust me and u start to play bad also which makes u loseevan more.
qbet
To become a Pro

Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:25 pm

Well Poker is not going to get any easier. Arbing will seem a lot easier to you for as long as you have accounts at what we call as "soft books" though it's still a challenge to make a lot. If you run out of soft books it can be really hard. Also people don't talk as much as in poker as they don't want to give away what could give them an edge. You can learn the basics really quickly but beyond that it can be slow process.
NAS
Has experience

Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:00 am

30K  :o
At least here in Portugal, in the short term, if you can make 1k per month (arb), would be great
yo
yorkjoss

Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:40 am

goldeneyehd wrote:
caraPan wrote: if you win 20k every month why would you change to arbitrage.

not credible at all.
I play poker for 5 yrs now and the harder the games the bigger the swings, you can lose evan 20 session in a row that's almost 20 days thatsl ike the worst I had in my career, but the games are hard these days so is no fun at all when u start playing in a dayand lose 5k today klose 5k tomorrow lose 2k the next day, u feel like shit trust me and u start to play bad also which makes u loseevan more.
you sound to me the type of guy who can be a successful arber, you may have to lower your earning expectations
but with plenty of mates you will make healthy profits, sure you've got to learn the ropes but smart  and dedicated guys do..

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”