O/U Calculations

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
sakula
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

O/U Calculations

Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:45 am

Hello guys!
I bet mainly in live events and often bookie offers changes in total goals they offer.
So im really messed up right now and I would like to ask if you help me with this calculations.
So, fr example;
Im hunting o/u 2,5 goals, i bet  on under 2,5 i.e. 100e, but during the processing time offer for over 2,5 doesnt exist any more and they offer over 2. How i could calculate the stakes to have similar winnings in any case. And for examples under 2,25 vs over 2.  Sometimes it would be also nice, because you can hunt a side if im not getting it wrong.
please for help and correct me if im seriously wrong.

Thank you :)
jameson
Last edited by sakula on Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thordin
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Re: O/U Calculations

Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:08 pm

Jameson wrote: Hello guys!
I bet mainly in live events and often bookie offers changes in total goals they offer.
So im really messed up right now and I would like to ask if you help me with this calculations.
So, fr example;
Im hunting o/u 2,5 goals, i bet  on under 2,5 i.e. 100e, but during the processing time offer for over 2,5 doesnt exist any more and they offer over 2. How i could calculate the stakes to have similar winnings in any case. And for examples under 2,25 vs over 2.  Sometimes it would be also nice, because you can hunt a side if im not getting it wrong.
please for help and correct me if im seriously wrong.

Thank you :)
jameson
well, if the over changes to 2.25, you now have a middle. Its probably a negative one as well, meaning you lose money on 0 and 1 goals, win big on 2 (because you win all the under stake and get half of the over stake refunded) and then lose again on 3+.
I would leave it like this if it happens and move on cause its too much trouble to even it out.
You could calculate the winnings on exacly 2 goals,
Then lay exacly 2 goals on an exchange.
Or look in other books for u2.5 and o3.5, and split your calculated winnings there.
But too much trouble...

U2.25 and o2 is also a middle, 2 goals are not uncommon, so could be profitable
fnatic91
Pro
ProProProPro

Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:09 pm

You bet 100 EUR on under 2.5 @ 2.10 (100 * 2.10 = 210 EUR)
At this time line changes from over 2.5 @ 2.10 to over 2.25 @ 1.90

Divide 210 by 1.90 and the result gives you  the amount you should wager on over 2.25 @ 1.90
dr
drhoo

Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:59 am

or you know... use a calc...

this one is the best and fastest to use, i found
http://surebetz0r.appspot.com/calc/calc.v2.html

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”