Tonybet's owner elected in the European Parliament

Anything else but gambling
sportoboy
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Tonybet's owner elected in the European Parliament

Mon May 26, 2014 8:43 pm

Poker's Tony G Elected To European Parliament

Lithuanian poker player and businessman Antanas “Tony G” Guoga has won a seat in the European Parliament.

He was elected on Sunday.

“Today we made history in Lithuanian politics,” he said on his Facebook page. “For the first time Liberals have won two seats in the European Parliament. My sincere thanks go to all the voters, those who supported and helped me along the way!”

Lithuania will have 11 seats in the Parliament, according to The Baltic Course. A total of 216 people ran for the seats. They will meet for the first time in July.

Guoga announced he was running back in October.

“I have packed up the bike and I am going to EU parliament in Brussels to change Lithuania,” he said last year. “I made second in the list as a candidate for the Liberal Party and am really happy. This result leaves me well positioned for next year. The Liberal Party has set a goal during the European parliamentary election to fight hard for two seats. Currently, the Liberal Movement in the European Parliament has one representative so there is a lot of hard work ahead of me.”

In his more than decade-long poker career, Guoga has racked up $3,648,645 in lifetime tournament earnings. His largest score was in the 2005 European Poker Championship for about $450,000.

Source: http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-news/17278-poker-s-tony-g-elected-to-european-parliament

Return to “Rest Area”