Remote access to your home network

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
Thordin
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Remote access to your home network

Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:01 pm

Hey guys,
Im not so good with this technical stuff and some google search left me confused.
I will probably be stuck with a single internet connection for a while, so what i was thinking to do is connect two computers on the same line line.
Then one of them goes directly on the internet while the other goes to connect to my old house's router and then goes on the internet, meaning the IP/ISP that appears will be the that of the old house's.
Is such a thing possible / relatively easy?

Thanks
ar
arbarama

Re: Remote access to your home network

Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:05 pm

Thordin wrote: Hey guys,
Im not so good with this technical stuff and some google search left me confused.
I will probably be stuck with a single internet connection for a while, so what i was thinking to do is connect two computers on the same line line.
Then one of them goes directly on the internet while the other goes to connect to my old house's router and then goes on the internet, meaning the IP/ISP that appears will be the that of the old house's.

Thanks
you will have two different i.p addresses by doing this but as they come from the same provider they would be similar
the first part of an i.p identifies the company providing the internet with your method these would be the exact same
but the remaining numbers would be different
Thordin
Totally Pro

Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:12 pm

arbarama wrote:
Thordin wrote: Hey guys,

Thanks
you will have two different i.p addresses by doing this but as they come from the same provider they would be similar
the first part of an i.p identifies the company providing the internet with your method these would be the exact same
but the remaining numbers would be different
Yeah i know half the ip would be the same.  I dont know how to set this thing up :)
ar
arbarama

Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:16 pm

man that's easy, you just use an adapter in your phone socket to double your connections and just replicate with your old
router what you've already done with your existing router, ie everything that's done for pc and router number 1 you do for pc and router number 2
Thordin
Totally Pro

Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:20 pm

arbarama wrote: man that's easy, you just use an adapter in your phone socket to double your connections and just replicate with your old
router what you've already done with your existing router, ie everything that's done for pc and router number 1 you do for pc and router number 2
Ill try that and if you are right i have been paying double for nothing...
Thanks anyway :)
dr
drhoo

Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:21 pm

simple switch should get the job done, provided your ISP allows for 2 public IPs at the same time. mine allows up to 3 so chances are you're good.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xnetwork+switc&_nkw=network+switch&_sacat=0&_from=R40
cristi13
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:31 pm

Do you have 2 internet connections or one? If you connect two computers on the same line, the ip would be the same on both regardless if you use a router or not. If you have 2 different connections it's fine, even from the same provider, the big ones usually have many ip blocks so you can have 2 completely different ips.
Thordin
Totally Pro

Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:16 pm

cristi13 wrote: Do you have 2 internet connections or one? If you connect two computers on the same line, the ip would be the same on both regardless if you use a router or not. If you have 2 different connections it's fine, even from the same provider, the big ones usually have many ip blocks so you can have 2 completely different ips.
I have 2 at the moment and they work just fine. They gave me the same ip block but they have more so i can ask them to change that later, that is in the new house.

Thanks for the answers guys, i still don't understand exactly but i know what to look for, read and ask my ISP some questions.
Ill be back with specific questions soon i guess, happy arbing!

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”