RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

SBObet 5% charge

Share ideas and experience on bookmakers. Search before starting any account
wujerry
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

SBObet 5% charge

Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:33 am

Today I received an email saying I will be charged 5% because of my too frequent deposits and withdrawals.
We note that you have made deposits and then made immediate withdrawals.

The frequency of these deposits and withdrawals are far too high resulting in us incurring a high cost.

Unless we see a reduction in the number of such deposits and withdrawals immediately, we will deduct 5% charges that we incur in accepting your deposits and processing your withdrawals from your SBOBET Account.

As such any withdrawals that you make will be paid out after deducting the above charges.
Does anyone have this kind of experience? How to make it as a reduction in the number of such deposits and withdrawals immediately? And how long will it take to recover?
Yngwie
Pro
ProProProPro

Re: SBObet 5% charge

Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:19 pm

You made a deposit and then immediate withdraw? Often? Why? Did you made something suspicious?
First time, I hear something like this.
wujerry
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:48 pm

Nothing suspicious. Maybe I just roll over once and then withdrawal. This happens to some people if you search on this forum.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:10 am

For SBO, this looks like e-wallet abuse.
Yngwie
Pro
ProProProPro

Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:08 am

wujerry wrote: Nothing suspicious. Maybe I just roll over once and then withdrawal. This happens to some people if you search on this forum.
why you withdraw?
books are also charged by fees so you should not withdraw often. i never had a problem like this.
DonkeyKong
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:22 am

I asked SBO if I would incur any charges for frequent deposits/withdrawals.

They said it would be find as long as I don't make more than 1 withdrawal per week and roll my initials deposit around 1 time.
kustef
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:54 pm

If you have any problem with sbobet, for example they want to charge you, or they charged your deposit/withdraw without any notice just contact their regulator.

http://www.gov.im/gambling/contactform.gov or this

http://www.gov.im/lib/docs/gambling//complaintsformv4.pdf
fnatic91
Pro
ProProProPro

Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:08 pm

SBObet is fair in this case.

Some people just deposit , place 1 or 2 bets and then withdraw the next day.
After 2 days they begin the same process..
After some few more days , again the same...
It's all about e-wallet abuse.
Bookies pay fees for deposits/withdrawals , so these people are just costing them too much just to abuse with e-wallet deals.
arbusers
Administrator

Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:47 pm

fnatic91 is correct here. We discussed the same thing when Pinnacle and Matchbook started charging fees some months ago. Sbobet sent a notice months ago about this and it is clearly a victim of e-wallets abuse, simply because sensitive lines and low juice allows this kind of action.
I dont believe that the regulator could do anything in this case.
doubledavis
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:38 pm

Why are you guys on the books side here? As long as any deposits to SBO are rolled over in their entirety at least once then they have ZERO grounds for charging anyone. You have given them a chance to win 100% of the money you deposited. And with SBO being a sharp this should be more than satisfactory to them. I would agree with a book doing this if someone was depositing, not wagering through it then withdrawing but this is not the case here.
arbusers
Administrator

Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:45 am

I m not with SBO's side here, not to mention my general attitude against bookmakers and for players. The issue here is that SBO sent a clear notice to all players months ago, alarming that you will need to wager your deposits Xtimes before requesting a withdrawal. I dont have the exact text at my disposal right now. In case that SBO didnt set the exact X number, this should be the only thing to be accused.
BHT
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:37 pm

5.8 Subject to the terms contained in these terms and conditions or any applicable law, the Customer may withdraw Betting Funds from their Account at any time. However the Customer is limited to making only 1 (one) request for withdrawal of Betting Funds within any one 24 hour period. The Customer shall be liable for all costs, taxes, levies and charges (including but not limited to bank and payment provider charges) incurred by the Operator in processing the Customer’s withdrawal of Betting Funds from or deposit of funds to the Customer’s Account. However, if the Customer fails to meet the minimum bet turnover threshold of three times the amount deposited prior to making a withdrawal, the Customer will incur a five percent (5%) processing fee on the deposit amount or the withdrawal amount or both which processing fee shall be deducted from the Customer's Account and from any Betting Funds withdrawn by the Customer. The Operator may at its sole discretion waive such costs, taxes, levies, charges and processing fees but any such waiver shall not be deemed as a waiver of future costs, taxes, levies, charges and processing fees.

Code: Select all

It's 3x since 01.12.2014 ! 

Question is: if you make let's say just 2x and withdraw, will they warn you before or they will just proceed with the withdrawal and deduct the 5% fee ?
sportoboy
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:19 pm

Unfortunately this is once again a vague term from a bookmaker. They actually say that the 3 X rollover is necessary in order to avoid a certain 5% charge. Ok so far. But even if you do a 3 X rollover, they will still have the right ("at their sole discretion") to charge you all their processing fees. This creates an uncertainty whether you are going to be charged or not and leaves a lot of room for misinterpretation from their side.

Return to “Bookies discussion”