BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets
RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Ask anything about smart gambling
Ryan1307
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:45 pm

Hey Guys! I´m Philipp or Phil or Ryan as you wish. I´m the new guy here and id like to go into some arbing! My english is okay i guess? But its not my motherlanguage so please be nice if I make some mistakes :P

So now how I came here. I started sportsbetting cause of a friend who was betting and is now arbing. I never arbed myself and just did some value bets. But this is not what im looking for. Its fun to bet on some Teams and make a few nice combis but I want to do something else. I´m not foolish enough to think that I can take 100€ and be rich in a year with arbing or any of this. What I want is something where I can put time and effort in it an can progress. I searched the Forum and decided I need to register here since here are people who know a lot what I dont know. I got some questions I´d like to ask you since I havent found any related posts. But if I´ve overseen it it would be nice if you can send me the link :)

So my first questions is for understanding. What is a sharp bookie and a soft bookie? Couldnt figure it out completly by reading the posts in here.

The other question would be setup related. I want to start arbing as soon as possible to start learning. I dont wanne get rich as fast as possible etc I just want to start somewhere. My thought was that maybe for a light start 5-10 bookmakers would be enough? I would invest at max 1000€ what would mean something like 100 per account or like 80 per account and the rest in an e-wallet? I know how arbing works but I dont know how the managment works. Well maybe then I dont know how it works. I mean I get the idea that I may have to switch money from the accounts to another with the ewallet and stuff like that. But I dont have excat figures of money what I should use stuff like that. Can someone help me with that so I can get a basic idea how the Managment works in arbing?

Thanks!
KimKanon
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: Newbie

Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:44 pm

Just because I'm a bit drunk I'm gonna be one of the guys i hate (telling Y everything Y can find in the forum with a search) A sharp bookie is an asian bookie like pinnacle 12bet sbobet and some more that Y can use with agents. Then Y have the exchange bookies like betfair, betdaq, smarkets.) they are "sharp" and will not limit Y. The soft are the "rest". 1000 :- ain't enough to start with and Y know it. Start with som bonus hunting and build up your bankroll to atleast 10 000:- keep minimum 10% to your ewałlet. Sry for my spelling and my bad english have a good arbing night.
ppintaluba
Pro
ProProProPro

Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:19 pm

If you want to start with only 1000 you will have to use a few bookies (let's say 5) and deposit 100 on each and leave 500 on the wallet.
Place small arbs to see what happens. As you run out of money on a book you can deposit 100 more from your wallet. You will not make big money, but you will learn.
Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com
sportoboy
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:09 pm

For starters, your basic question what is a sharp and what is a soft bookmaker could be easily answered with a very basic google search (https://www.google.com/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=w4kDVMKiE_H10gX34oDoDg#q=sharp+bookmaker+soft+bookmaker)

If you are not capable of thinking something that simple, then you have really a huge way in front of you before you start arbing. Also, you must do a lot of reading before starting asking questions.

Good luck
raizzak
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:15 pm

KimKanon wrote: Just because I'm a bit drunk I'm gonna be one of the guys i hate (telling Y everything Y can find in the forum with a search) A sharp bookie is an asian bookie like pinnacle 12bet sbobet and some more that Y can use with agents. Then Y have the exchange bookies like betfair, betdaq, smarkets.) they are "sharp" and will not limit Y. The soft are the "rest". 1000 :- ain't enough to start with and Y know it. Start with som bonus hunting and build up your bankroll to atleast 10 000:- keep minimum 10% to your ewałlet. Sry for my spelling and my bad english have a good arbing night.
That's probably me  8) 8)
Don't speak for something you have no clue.
Ryan1307
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:50 pm

Thanks for the 3 Answers helped me out!

Return to “Newbie's questions”