RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

new point of consumption tax in the uk

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
sportoboy
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Re: new point of consumption tax in the uk

Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:55 pm

Most arbers I know use at least two different currencies in order to overcome obstacles... 
yo
yorkjoss

Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:34 pm

sportoboy wrote: Most arbers I know use at least two different currencies in order to overcome obstacles...
every arber I know uses one currency, for arbers who have relocated to the Uk then sure I'd expect
them to use the Euro as well as the £, don't think I'll read a post on here from a uk citizen
who is either comfortable with this new law or uses the euro on a regular basis
sportoboy
Has experience

Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:52 pm

Cool, then you and the other arbers you know stick to one currency, no problem for me!
vinciguerra
Has experience

Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:55 pm

i'm just surprised that to you using multiplce currencies is such a big thing (when it's really not), regardless of whether you're a fulltimer or a part-timer and regardless of what people you know are doing. if it helps increase your profits, then why not.  anyway, you're decision, i don't care either way, i just don't understand it but that's fine.
pedro
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:11 pm

it must be humiliating for a british gambler/arber to even think about using the euro

the pound is the oldest currency still in use today ...
the UK is the capital of the gambling/arbing world ...

... how dare someone ask them to use another currency !? :o
BO
BOOYAKA

Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:29 pm

So gutted. Sbobet and 12bet were 2 of the best bookmakers around and both gone.  :'(

It's not like there's a plethora of professional bookies to bet with as it is. 
yo
yorkjoss

Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:12 pm

pedro wrote: it must be humiliating for a british gambler/arber to even think about using the euro

the pound is the oldest currency still in use today ...
the UK is the capital of the gambling/arbing world ...

... how dare someone ask them to use another currency !? :o
Pedro, this is an example of the jealousy from small minded people like yourself that I sometimes read on here,
I'd rather uk adopted the euro that would suit me better as an arber, your sarcastic comments are from someone
who wishes he did live in a country like the UK, that's not my problem that's yours, if I decide I dont want to mix
currencies then that's entirely up to me, if you other smart guys are doing this why encourage me to do it?
i'd hardly be on here encouraging you to copy my tactics.
I started this thread to hear what other uk arbers thoughts on the new tax, not particularly interested in the
views like the one pedro just posted, the fact is not many uk arbers have commented and that's the views
I'm interested in, truth is that not too many smart UK arbers post on here on this subject or any subject for
that matter, most of the posts are from newbies or people like pedro, I read this forum because occasionally
the pro's make a post and as an arber I find that interesting.

pedro just had a look at your 5 posts, 1 is a nothing comment and the other 4 are you making negative comments
against the original poster, of course you know how easy that is to do, try making a post where you say something
constructive and intelligent or interesting to fellow arbers, I won't hold my breath, be expecting your negativity anytime!
Last edited by yorkjoss on Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:04 am

Let's NOT make this thread a point of conflict.
yo
yorkjoss

Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:30 am

Arbusers wrote: Let's NOT make this thread a point of conflict.
yes lets not! as I said I only originally posted to get the opinions of fellow UK arbers, I also later said i do not
wish to criticise any other arber's tactics, I never have used any other currency than the £, I never use bookmakers
like for instance 5dimes or bet3000 that don't accept £, I have never placed a bet on US football, basketball or
baseball, I don't use any affiliates, sure other arbers tactics will incorporate all these things, that's entirely
up to them maybe this is because they are a smarter more skillfull arber than I? last year my earnings were
more than 100,000 euro, the new point of consumption charge will make it much harder for me to continue
to achieve these figures, I don't need to earn figures like this any more but greed which is inherent in most
arbers makes me wish to do so, the new tax and subsequent fallout from bookmakers is what I wished the
discussion on the forum to be about, sensible, educated, informed debate is I'm afraid difficult to achieve
as the arbing skills, knowledge and experience cover a wide range which is evident in many arbusers comments.
mrno
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:59 pm

yorkjoss wrote:
wibble wobble wrote: yorkjoss what did pinnacle tell you?
wibble wobble, my reply from pinnaclesports was negative, they didn't say they were pulling out and they didn't
say they were staying but assured me my funds were safe either way (of course) from what I can make out so far
this tax is hurting the sharps more, bookmakers like winner, titanbet appear to be staying, remains to be seen what the
likes of bwin, bet-at-home etc decide, I have contacted the agents, with them it must be euros, for me not an option,
sbobet gone 12bet gone, who's next? waiting for the emails to arrive from pinnacle and 188bet, sbo and 12bet invested
a lot in sponsorship in uk football and still pull out, I'm afraid this new tax is too much for them, this all started because
amazon and starbucks weren't paying their uk taxes and the press got hold of it, the government had to clamp down
on it or they'd lose votes, offshore uk bookmakers got caught in the crossfire and  uk arbers are taking the bullet.
yorkjoss , I know that  sjbetbroker.net  betbroker can setup sbo and ibc accounts in £. The only drawback is that they are using bank transfers for deposit
wibble wobble
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:43 am

PINNACLESPORTS.  I am told they will be closing all U.K. Accounts within the next week or so and want to be out by the end of the month
i am arbitrage
wibble wobble
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:51 am

not 100% no christ hope not!! but that information come from a few good sources on twitter. who do you lot recommend i use when pinnacle shut shop asianconnect? i can adapt to euro hopefully
i am arbitrage
wibble wobble
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:08 am

99.9% reliable information
i am arbitrage
whocares
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:30 am

Yorkjoss, i just had a Skype chat with AC and they also offer a Broker account in GBP. You have to deposit via bank transfer again though to have your funds in GBP.

i asked the same question on live chat and was told that they would accept a deposit in gbp but convert it to euros.
yo
yorkjoss

Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:34 am

ArbAttack wrote: Yorkjoss, i just had a Skype chat with AC and they also offer a Broker account in GBP. You have to deposit via bank transfer again though to have your funds in GBP.
arbattack, there is conflicting information going around just now, I was told on chat by AC that I could only have an sbo account
in euros, have an email saying the same thing from PT, was given another agent on here who I was told accepts pinn' and sbo
in £, I contacted them and said yes to £ for sbo but Pinn' has to be chinese yuan WTF, I am sure everything will become clear
in the future when we know exactly who's leaving.

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”