RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Should I cover free bet?

Ask anything about smart gambling
DonkeyKong
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Should I cover free bet?

Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:03 pm

Hey. I received a 50eur free bet on an exchange. I was wondering what is the best way to use it.

If I win I only get the winning so there is no point covering this as an arb I guess. Should I just bet it on some high odds and not cover the other side?
ppintaluba
Pro
ProProProPro

Re: Should I cover free bet?

Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:20 pm

If you want to win money for sure you should cover it.
For example, if you can bet 50 at odds 6 and bet 210 at odds 1.2 (0% arb), you will get around 40 profit. (I did not consider commissions)
You can bet on negative arbs and get less profit.
Or you can gamble and make a normal bet. You cannot lose but maybe you don't win anything.
Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com
DonkeyKong
Has experience

Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:53 pm

Before I had  a free bet on betfair and I made the mistake of betting it on 1.5 odds or something and covered the other side. I ended up just winning the arb % profit because the free bet won.

It seems like a much better choice would have been to gamble with it. But maybe it didn't even matter.

Anyway betting the free bet on odds 6.0 or smth sounds good, Then I can cover the other side on low odds which will win much more often and I get to get my free bet made in cash.
ppintaluba
Pro
ProProProPro

Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:42 pm

DonkeyKong wrote: Before I had  a free bet on betfair and I made the mistake of betting it on 1.5 odds or something and covered the other side. I ended up just winning the arb % profit because the free bet won.
If you arb it, you must take into account the stake is not returned. And you must chose high odds.
A normal arb calculator does not work. If you look at my example, if it was not a free bet the stakes should have been 50 @6 and 250 @1.2. But I said 50 @6 and 210 @1.2 because of the free bet. This way you win 40 on both sides.
Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com
DonkeyKong
Has experience

Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:17 am

Thanks, this makes sense :)

Return to “Newbie's questions”