RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Betcity

Share ideas and experience on bookmakers. Search before starting any account
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Betcity

Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:38 am

Betcity is one of the oldest Russian bookmakers holding a genuine license. They are considered to be the biggest bookmaker in Russia. Betcity runs shops in Russia and other x-soviet countries. Their shops are considered to be a treasure for sharing and value betting, maybe one of the strongest advantages for living in Russia. On the contrary, their online services are limiting clients very aggressively, once they understand that you exploit their very attractive odds with arbing or value betting. They could limit your account to 0. However, it is worth saying that they are very reliable and they do pay clients promptly.
Almost all alert services are covering Betcity and once you select to see odds from this bookmaker, your screen will be flooded by arbs, as they do make several serious mistakes with their odds.

Betcity allows foreigners to register their accounts, but most probably they will be limited to peanuts even from bet #1.
There are several Betcity clones around offering identical odds and liquidity. You should avoid them at any cost as they are notorious for not paying.
I hope this helps.
Last edited by arbusers on Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
campeones
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Betcity

Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:52 pm

Could someone say what is the situation in Betcity shops in Russia? Is it easy to place larger bets and what do you do with the exchange rate risks among the rouble and the other currencies?
neopas
Pro
ProProProPro

Betcity

Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:25 pm

Betcity makes huge mistakes in their odds and they produce a lot of arbs all the time. The bookmaker is legit IMO, but they do limit hard if you beat their soft lines. Depositing much will not help. Better deposit small amounts and take arbs with 50 euro bets, than going strong from the very start will bigger amounts.
I believe Betcity treats Russian players better than Europeans, but can't say for sure.
They have a 2-year contract with Monaco AS, most probably because Alexander Golovin, a Russian start plays there.
Betcity is considered to be the bigger bookmaker in Russia, they are much bigger than Fonbet.
campeones
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Betcity

Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:35 pm

campeones wrote: Could someone say what is the situation in Betcity shops in Russia? Is it easy to place larger bets and what do you do with the exchange rate risks among the rouble and the other currencies?
Any?
We are thinking to expand in these countries.
Vladje
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Betcity

Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:28 am

He guys,

Anyone got experience with Betcity? Looks like they are involved in a lot of arbs on betburger. Might want to add them, but cant find many information about the bookie. Hope anyone can tell me about Betcity:)
neopas
Pro
ProProProPro

Betcity

Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:45 pm

Maybe people will answer to you when you start posting your diary in the syndicate.
sinbad
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Betcity

Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:20 am

neopas wrote: Betcity is considered to be the bigger bookmaker in Russia, they are much bigger than Fonbet.
Fonbet is the largest, Betcity is much smaller, Betcity's best times are far behind.
blackjack
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Betcity

Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:28 pm

sinbad wrote: Fonbet is the largest.
There is always a possibility that any of these Russians (or Cypriots?) would suddenly disappear with no trace behind. What would you do then?
il1723
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Betcity

Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:10 pm

Right, here is my story with this fraudulent bookmaker. But before you go reading it, just take it as granted - they will not let you win or take your winnings. Even if it is money of less than 500 euros.

So registered with them and started playing on KHL market as their betting line is quite wide and has a lot of offerings. I deposit 150 euros and made just 8 bets, and 5 or 6 of them won which doubled my money.

I made another 6 bets and the locked my account. (to add all those 6 bets won, I just never saw them settled)

After 10 days of verification madness I finally got in to my account but they voided all my won bets, including settled ones prior them locking the account.

If you think that is all, you are wrong. They also removed the source of the deposit I've used which is Webmoney, what it means is that I cannot withdraw my deposit as any other method I use it says I have to withdraw using originating method.

And yeah, they obviously limited the max stake I can do to 0.01 euros.

Below you can find the whole ridiculous history of my fight with them on unlocking account which on its own is terrible experience clearly demonstrating unprofessional unreasonable behavior from the bookie.

02.02.21 Account got blocked, Passport photo near my face and another photo of my passport with another document of my choice requested
02.02.21 I've sent both photos
02.02.21 It was stated by BetCity that the photo near face is mirrored
02.02.21 I've sent a photo made as normal rather than selfie camera, so non-mirrored
02.02.21 Request was made to make another passport photo with my face and a paper with current date on it.
02.02.21 The photo of passport with my face and paper on it was sent
02.02.21  Request was made to send a screenshot of my WebMoney wallet which I used to deposit the BetCity account where they can see the number of the wallet and the name
02.02.21  The screenshot of WebMoney wallet page was sent
02.02.21  The response said that "The image does not indicate that you are the owner of this wallet." . However it is clear on the screenshot that it webmoney wallet belongs to me
03.02.21  I've sent a reply asking why they cannot see that I am the owner, because it is clearly seen on the screenshot.
03.02.21  A request came in to upload my passport via a form on a website
03.02.21  I've uploaded the passport to the website
03.02.21  I've sent an email asking if BetCity received my passport via form and when my account will get unlocked.
03.02.21  Betcity confirmed that the passport is received and the account verification is in progress
04.02.21 I've asked if there is any progress with verification
04.02.21 Betcity again asked a scan of my passport and also an account number, they stated that they will not provide any additional information
04.02.21 I replied saying that I already sent passport and all other variants of photos with passport on it. I raised a concern that it is an unreasonable demand to ask the passport again. I've asked the full list of documents they need to complete verification so that I can send all again in one email.
04.02.21 Betcity confirmed that " Submission of documents is one of the stages of identification.  " and that " You need to provide data at our request.  "
04.02.21 I replied saying that I submit all requested and if Betcity needs anything else they can ask specifically detailing what is required.
No reply since then
10.02.21 I've asked about my account
10.02.21 Betcity asked my passport with the current date again
10.02.21 Sent them the passport with the current date
10.02.21 They unlocked account.

Now, what would be your advise on going about guys ? I am aiming to at least complain to gambling commission UK, but what else I can do to get them to play fair or at least get my settled bets winnings + deposit back ?
arbusers
Administrator

Betcity

Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:12 am

Thank you for reporting this very interesting case, which in reality reveals much about the bookmaker.
In order to advise on how to handle it, it is important to tell us where you come from. Because handling with bookmakers depends largely on it.
cigo
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Betcity

Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:42 am

go on thair live chats from several ips/browsers, and atacj thair live chat simuntaniosly
il1723
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Betcity

Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:37 am

arbusers wrote: Thank you for reporting this very interesting case, which in reality reveals much about the bookmaker.
In order to advise on how to handle it, it is important to tell us where you come from. Because handling with bookmakers depends largely on it.
thanks for getting back to me!

I am from the United Kingdom and they accepted me on registration, I obviously put all my details in there.

I also send them 2 emails in regards to settled bets but so far no answer from them, my next step would be to try get something meaningful from their whatsup help line.

I've checked various sources to raise a complaint but so far all I got to is to raise a request on Resolver to get Betcity into their list of companies.
il1723
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Betcity

Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:08 pm

cigo wrote: go on thair live chats from several ips/browsers, and atacj thair live chat simuntaniosly
why would I do that ? I want a fair play from them and what you suggest is some kind of manipulation imho
arbusers
Administrator

Betcity

Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:31 pm

My understanding is, this bookmaker is not good for non Russians. Even for Russians, it might be hard as you can read above. Better stay away and search for other alternatives.
il1723
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Betcity

Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:28 pm

Well that is for sure, the question is what to do so those who are to regulate such services for UK customers consider dealing with the company based on clearly fraudulent services that they offer.

I've tried to add this company on Resolver, but its been few weeks since there is no reply on my request.

There is no way I can directly involve Gambling Comission, all of the information on their website point that they have no resources to deal with such cases related to online gambling, though they do have a direct hotline in case anything similar would happen in a pub for instance. In the year 2021, how illegal betting in a pub is different to online fraudulent betting services ?

Return to “Bookies discussion”