Limiting player’s account.

Share ideas and experience on bookmakers. Search before starting any account
sportoboy
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Re: Limiting player’s account.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:29 pm

fnatic91 wrote:
Poor countries are doomed from the very start.
There are billionaires and rich people even in the poorest countries.

I agree with Sportoboy , anyone of us could detect a arber with 5 bets.Bookies need some arbers in their staff
Comment was not mine, but I share the same opinion on this too.

Imo, I think that the bookmaker manager is doing a bit of showboating here. Bookmakers' employees are underpaid whether we are talking about traders or kyc stuff. Higher executives, like marketing executives, regional managers etc have good salaries, but they don't really care about our job unless their bonuses are threatened. So the underpaid guys after a short period want either to climb to a higher position in the same company or change job. This leaves no room for good professional work in their field.

About google earth, I find the argument of the manager unreasonable. If we assume that someones lives in a shithole somewhere in the UK and actually owns the place he might be a millionaire.
Thordin
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:44 pm

Exactly, I remember where a couple of friends used to live, their landlord owned like 3 buildings in the row and was living there in the basement on one of them. Not very good looking houses but almost around 25 flats in them x 900 average rent...
Shitty neighborhood too.

But one could say these are just exeptions
fnatic91
Pro
ProProProPro

Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:56 pm

sportoboy wrote:
fnatic91 wrote:
Poor countries are doomed from the very start.
There are billionaires and rich people even in the poorest countries.

I agree with Sportoboy , anyone of us could detect a arber with 5 bets.Bookies need some arbers in their staff
Comment was not mine, but I share the same opinion on this too.

Imo, I think that the bookmaker manager is doing a bit of showboating here. Bookmakers' employees are underpaid whether we are talking about traders or kyc stuff. Higher executives, like marketing executives, regional managers etc have good salaries, but they don't really care about our job unless their bonuses are threatened. So the underpaid guys after a short period want either to climb to a higher position in the same company or change job. This leaves no room for good professional work in their field.

About google earth, I find the argument of the manager unreasonable. If we assume that someones lives in a shithole somewhere in the UK and actually owns the place he might be a millionaire.
I know the comment was not yours ,i was just too lazy to quote your comment.

Arbers don't give a shit to get employed at bookies , they earn much more by arbing.
techpeter
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:34 pm

yep they get paid f*** all , the harder the better for me
raizzak
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:40 pm

fnatic91 wrote: I know the comment was not yours ,i was just too lazy to quote your comment.

Arbers don't give a shit to get employed at bookies , they earn much more by arbing.
Actually not true i would like to have a job in the industry, and yes it is not about the money... Of course that's probably only me
Don't speak for something you have no clue.
qbet
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:04 pm

It would very interesting to see what is happening on the other side...
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:59 am

There are growing complaints among bettors in regards to accounts being limited by bookmakers. I m noticing a wave that started from social media (especially twitter) influencers.
It is simple like that, bookmakers are limiting accounts in order to protect their profits and not to protect a fair game. There are numerous reports and articles showing that high street bookmakers did not limit accounts when they should.
Under the mask of ''minimising harm'' (whatever that means) bookmakers are now looking for more sophisticated criteria in order to limit players before they are given the chance to beat the house.
These criteria would include:
1. Financial indicators to assess whether a customer can afford current levels of gambling.
2. Behavioural indicators or markers of harm.
3. Problem gambling self-assessment screens completed by customers.

An experienced bettor would identify the attempts of 1, 2 to limit sharp action, while 3 is just taking care of the flowers.

All these could be with reference to customer data such as credit profile information, and sociodemographic indicators that we mentioned far before anyone could imagine these things are happening. These things should not be taken lightly, provided that Big Data is now advancing in the gambling world. Some might say that they keep a small internet footprint, but again, this could be a reason to get limited even faster compared with someone who has a bigger footprint.
It could also be with reference to behavioural indicators such as time spent or intensity of gambling,  bonus requests, patterns of deposits and win/loss levels in the first few days after registration.

For further read:
index.php/topic,4504.msg52696.html#msg52696
index.php/topic,2222.0.html
index.php/topic,2550.msg30969.html#msg30969
Last edited by arbusers on Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Bookies discussion”