Beginner Questions

Ask anything about smart gambling
KC83
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Beginner Questions

Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:11 pm

Hi All!
I decided that I want to try arb betting but I have some question before I start to avoid mistakes.
I was reading few articles but I couldn't find answers. I would be happy if anybody answer for my questions. I think its better to ask somebody who is experienced than wasting hours on net to find an answers.
1. I found website to compare rules but there is no comparsion football rules, why is that ? Is it because rules are so different or are they very similar? Or there is another answer?
2. Is there any website where bookmakers are grouped by rules, so if I want for example bet on tennis I can pick tennis and it will show me bookmakers with the same rules to tennis.
3. What bookmakers are best to start from UK. I have 1000 pounds capital to start and I want to get best available bonuses on the market. I found some website with bonuses comparsion but there is so much of it that I can't decide what best for me. I have accounts already with Bet365, WH, and Titan ( never put any monies on Titan ).
4. How to split capital and  how many bookmakers choose to start?
5. What disciplines to bet at the begining? I thought about tennis or any other options where I have only 2 ways to bet until I will gain more experience.
6. I read that I shouldn't make bets with amounts like 12.36 or so. I found that when I want bet small amounts and I try to round stake to 1 some of the arbs are not profitable. How to avoid it?
I don't expect to become millionaire in few month and I know that will take a lot of time before I will start making "good" profit. I want to make 1000 pounds profit before August 2015 because I withdraw monies from my credit card and there is no interest till Aug 2015.
Is it ok if I will be posting questions in this thread? I'll guess I will be have much more questions.

I am sorry for my bad grammar but I am not fluent in english.
If I broke any rules let me know please or edit post.
KC83
ppintaluba
Pro
ProProProPro

Re: Beginner Questions

Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:22 am

Many of your questions have already been answered here.

1. Football rules can be different regarding postponed or suspended matches (and maybe other circumstances), but these situations are not very common so most arbers do not care about football rules. On the contrary, tennis, hockey and baseball have different rules on situations that usually happen (retirements, extra periods, penalties, starting pitchers). That's why it's important to know different rules on these sports but not so much on football.
2. Some alert services have filters to show only arbs between bookmakers with the same rules. I think Betburger, Betlinker and RebelBetting have this option. And I think BetOnValue does not have the option but only shows arbs using the same rules.
3. Look for Bonus Bagging and RaidTheBookie in this forum. Or simply search for "bonus".
4. Search for "split", "distribution" in this forum.
5. Any two way option (over/under, asian handicap with the same spread, home/away on basketball, etc). Tennis is ok, but different rules can be dangerous.
6. Rounding to 1 is not enough (Betting 17 is almost as bad as betting 17.3). You should round to 5 at least (15, 20, 25, 50, etc). So yes, with small stakes you can lose (or win very little), unless you arb with a sharp book or a exchange and you should not round one leg.
Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com
KC83
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:44 pm

Hey!
Thanks for an answer. I searched forum and I found some information about splitting capital. After Your advice about rounding stake to at least 5 I decided that I need little bigger bankroll for that however I will play few bets for lower stake lake 10 pounds just for practice ( even if I lose or will be break even ).
I will use that bonus bagging website and raid the bookie websites or one of them to build up my bankroll.
The only question is: Does hunting bonuses can affect my account anyway? I mean if I start doing arb bets can they limit me quicker? Should I worry about it?
Thanks again for help.
PepSLO
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:07 pm

Of course bookies don't like bonus hunters.. But IMO Dafabet and similar sharp bookies wont make any troubles if you take bonus.. But anyway I would avoid getting them on soft bookies... It is better to get some money from them, than be on radar because of bonus hunting.
dealer wins
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:08 pm

£1000 to start arbing is painful.  £5000 is the min I would recommend, £15000 is better
Never trust a goose!!!
ppintaluba
Pro
ProProProPro

Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:06 am

dealer wins wrote: £1000 to start arbing is painful.  £5000 is the min I would recommend, £15000 is better
@KC83: If you don't have 5000, you can start with 1000. Just place many small bets instead of a few large bets, so that you do not run out of balance on a bookmaker on a single bet.
Of course it's easier with 5000. Or 15000.
Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com

Return to “Newbie's questions”