RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Scum con-men tricking old ladies

Anything else but gambling
Thordin
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Scum con-men tricking old ladies

Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:58 am

Yesterday some guy guy tricked my mother in Greece, talked her into giving him 3600 euros.
Sounds ridiculous to us but apparently and according to the police there are quite a few scumbags doing this thing lately in Greece.
My mother is an old woman, practically illiterate, naive and i guess she got greedy after listening to his stories.
Long story short, from what i understood actually my mother is mixing her story up all the time, the guy cold-read her. 
She didnt even call me or my brother.
He asked her key questions and made her believe he actually knew me, my brother and sold her a story about him having a pending taxback, needing some money for a deposit to tax office, flying to UK that afternoon, getting married and that he would send her the whole taxback to her bank.
Fortunately my parents live a simple life and dont have financial problems. I am giving her the money she lost anyway. But she was in a good shock and crying all the time...

I guess point of me sharing this is that if you have any relatives matching my mothers profile, give them a heads up.
Surely they will be like ''Of course, im not stupid/crazy i would never give money to a stranger''
I know that's what my mother would say as well.
bezsprzetu
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: Scum con-men tricking old ladies

Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:09 pm

Same shit happening in Poland, actually even in an 'improved' version:

- 'grandson' (or any other 'relative') trying to convince elderly people about the unfortunate situation, obviously needs money. This kind of fraud is already pretty well known due to police actions (warnings sent by post, messages given by priests in churches (!) etc)
- after the request for money same person is called by guy(s) telling they call from CBŚ (police sub-department for organized crime), 'informing' about the previous talk being registered and asking for help in catching the fraudsters. 'Grandmother' is instructed by a 'policeman' to give the money to the fraudster (as they 'want to catch him with the proofs').
- 'Grandmother' gives the money to the fraudster, who gets immediately 'arrested' by the 'undercover policemen' and all of them disappear. Proper police doesn't know anything until victim contacts them....

Bastards, nothing else to say.
Thordin
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:18 pm

And i was thinking my story is like Matchstick Men. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0325805/
Bastards stealing peoples savings...
SurebetMonitor
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:59 pm

My mom got the same in Poland, apparently her cousin's cousin was in a great (and immediate) danger and needed 4k EUR. She was clever enough to double check though.

These guys are really creative enough to start doing something beneficial rather than this shit.

Return to “Rest Area”