RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Bookmakers asking for proof of income

Share ideas and experience on bookmakers. Search before starting any account
sadedu95
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:15 pm

Years ago, a request for proof of income, or a source of wealth (SOW), was a tool used to target sharp gamblers. Unfortunately today after a certain threshold is reached it is a bookmaker's obligation to investigate the source of funds. The trend is not looking good. For example, bet victor will run third party affordability checks as soon as you register and if you fail these they will simply return your deposit and close your account.

Whilst you can use winnings from other betting companies as a legitimate source and proof of income, some bookmakers will close your account immediately as they may well reason you are gambling beyond your means. Notice that claiming to be a professional gambler, an arber or a trader might lead to a request for correlating bets. It can become pretty messy.

However, some betting companies use this as an excuse to demand bank statements for the last 6 months and then they will question transactions where money has been sent from one individual to another. Furthermore, they will then ask for 6 months worth of statements from the person that sent money to that particular account.

My advice would be to use cash deposits into bank accounts at the beginning and then hopefully you can withdraw winnings back to the account. In this case, you will have legitimate proof of income.

In the UK I would suggest you never deposit more than 2k into any account. If you do want to deposit more I would suggest you wait at least 1 month before doing so. This should in theory minimize the risk of proof of income request.
Last edited by sadedu95 on Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
neopas
Pro
ProProProPro

Re: Bookmakers asking for proof of income

Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:03 am

Excellent post sadedu, thank you.
nemo121
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: Bookmakers asking for proof of income

Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:42 am

sadedu95 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:15 pm
Years ago, a request for proof of incomes, was a tool used to target sharp gamblers. Unfortunately today after a certain threshold is reached it is a bookmakers obligation to investigate the source of funds. The trend is not looking good. For example bet victor will run third party affordability checks as soon as you register and if you fail these they will simply return your deposit and close your account.

Whilst you can use winnings from other betting companies as a legitimate source and proof of income, some bookmakers will close your account immediately as they may well reason you are gambling beyond your means. Notice that claiming to be a professional gambler, an arber or a trader might lead to a request for correlating bets. It can become pretty messy.

However some betting companies use this as an excuse to demand bank statements for the last 6 months and then they will question transactions where money has been sent from one individual to another. Furthermore they will then ask for 6 months worth of statements from the person that sent money to that particular account.

My advice would be to use cash deposits into bank accounts at the beginning and then hopefully you can withdraw winnings back to the account. In this case you will have a legitimate proof of income.

In the uk I would suggest you never deposit more than 2k into any account. If you do want to deposit more I would suggest you wait at least 1 month before doing so. This should in theory minimize the risk of a proof of income request.
Problem with proof your funds can be solved if you have necessary knowledge in photoshop)))
Or you can use cryptobookmaker. Main cryptobookmaker do not interesting source of funds
BHT
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:00 pm

Does a bookmaker has the right of requesting such information ?

As far as I know there are companies which strictly prohibit their employees to share informations regarding them or their revenues

Is this a new tactic of bookmakers to "catch" PRO players and stop their activity ?

Please take into consideration that we are talking about WilliamHill (I guess 2nd biggest online bookmaker in the world after bet365) and not a shady // fishy bookie. I would also like to remember you that after bet365 has implemented the "photo with your ID next to the face" more and more bookmakers have adopted this tactic !
Last edited by BHT on Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thordin
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:13 pm

The guy said:
I have wagered for a couple of days
I have lost 50k£ and have a balance of 40k£
I am a student

You guys dont think this rings a few bells in their security department? I think that if they dont check that for money laundering they might as well remove the whole money laundering thing from their T&Cs.

Maybe im wrong, what do you guys think?
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:33 am

Bookmakers licenced in the isle of Man have this right according to the law. I believe that WillHill is licenced by Gibraltar, so one should look to the law of the rock.
188bet started this tactic 4-5 years ago. My understanding is that they did it only to pro gamblers that took sharp lines no matter if they won big or small. That was their tactic to kick away sharp action.
Now, asking for a proof of income shouldnt be an issue. The important thing is that you can prove that you made the deposited amount via your regular job, inheritage or whatever. You dont have to prove anything about profits I suppose. You only have to prove things for your deposits there.
For sure, willhill or any other bookmaker cant replace your local taxman. To my eyes, this is their new weapon against pro gamblers.
It wasn't Bet365 the one that started the pictures near the head. I believe it was the BAH group.
qbet
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:13 pm

If WilliamHill were genuinely concerned that this person was gambling with money he coudn't afford to loose or that didn't belong to him why didn't they block his deposits?
Why don't they have lower deposits limits to some accounts?

It could be family money but usually, in those cases, this isn't money you want to gamble with unless you are really well off.

It screams arbitrage, because a non-arber  would need to have a very large bankroll to bet that big. That is not likely for a young person.
Unfortunately it also looks like multi-accounting is involved. WH is one of the first bookies a new arber would try, especially in the UK, and an inexperienced arber wouldn't bet so aggressively. If that is true the player won't send any proof of income and they will just keep the money.
Last edited by qbet on Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dealer wins
Totally Pro

Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:31 pm

If legit he will provide proof, if its gnoming he may well lose his £50k.  Its a risk when using other people's IDs.  Hills are lethal when they think they are being played!
Never trust a goose!!!
fnatic91
Pro
ProProProPro

Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:25 pm

If he is guilty of something , then bookies should just close his account and return his deposit , right ? Ok , they have the right to confiscate winnings , but do they have the right to confiscate the deposits ?

So , give the guy 90k when he really has 50k in his account
Last edited by fnatic91 on Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doubledavis
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:24 pm

I have a real problem with this. What if (lets assume for arguments sake) the player is a high stakes gambler and gained his money through betting. How is he supposed to prove that? Send betting statements from other bookmakers into William Hill? Now what if he is an Arber but has used accounts only under his own name, how would you prove that as a source of income? Income is such a fluid thing that it's not always as easy as saying here are my last 3 months payslips. What if he is self employed (we know he is a student but I mean in general) and therefore doesn't receive monthly payslips? What if he is just from a wealthy family and has a trust fund etc?

Much respect to the guy from managing to get at least £50k in bets down with William Hill without being limited to penny stakes.
Last edited by doubledavis on Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thordin
Totally Pro

Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:34 am

You can easily place 10s of thousands at WH, they have huge limits on many leagues.
I dont have the stomach to place more than 1-2k per bet though...
doubledavis
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:09 pm

Perhaps first bet but then after that it's referred to trader and accepted, then after that it's referred to trader and re offered £47.50. 
mudadokolena
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:24 pm

svevlad wrote: yup  1%    (prošla baba sa kolacima)
Consider it as whole YUG in the same pot.  After few bets - they don't even send a bet "to trader for approval" but straightly offer you 39.95 for Baseball or 7.95 for double chance 1X on FC Santa Clause vs. FC Rovaniemi from Finland North Division 3.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:10 pm

FC Santa Clause
Is there a team like this?
mudadokolena
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:04 pm

Arbusers wrote: FC Santa Clause
Is there a team like this?
well, I don't wanna go to total offtopic - but Suomi Finlandia has that much creative people that nobody can come close to them when naming sport clubs. Just take a look back at their Handball championship, where the leading teams are Riihimaen Cocks and Dicken 1933... and everything is clear.

Return to “Bookies discussion”