RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Check Your Pinnacle Balance Everyday!

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
Yngwie
Pro
ProProProPro

Check Your Pinnacle Balance Everyday!

Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:23 am

Guys, write your Pinnacle balance at beginning of each day and check it at the end of the day if all winnings (and void bets) are added correctly. Unfortunately, I noticed that some winnings are not added to my balance despite they settled as won in bet history. Maybe a coincidence but this problem happened only in NBA markets. A friend of mine also informed me he had same problem too, NBA again. I will share update/news about this subject in this thread.

I hope it was a technic problem and it won't happen again but still it's good idea to check/confirm in order to be sure.

PS: I'm using Asian Connect as broker service. Don't know yet if the source of problem is AC or Pinny.
Last edited by Yngwie on Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
fnatic91
Pro
ProProProPro

Re: Check Your Pinnacle Balance Everyday!

Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:16 am

The same happened to me at a softbook , they settled it as won , but didn't credit the winnings.

I was lucky enough to figure it out cause my balance ran out at that moment  and i was waiting for money to be credited in order to place the next bets.
I waited for about 30 minutes just to see if they would notice their "mistake" , but nothing.
So,i went to live chat  and they corrected it , saying it was a mistake and that they would credit it later for sure ...but i am pretty sure that they would not credit winnings if i could not figure it out myself.
Yngwie
Pro
ProProProPro

Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:37 am

Yeah, softbooks do it more often. I check my softbook balances all the time. Before recording profit to excel, I check if softbookie settled it correctly. Must check softbooks at all costs, always! Even Pinnacle settle games wrong sometimes. Happened to me 2-3 times. I contacted live chat and they corrected bet result.

But it's something completely different. Bet settled as won but its amount is not added to account, weird.
Last edited by Yngwie on Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thordin
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:39 am

I dont know what is worse, pinnacle not adding winnings, or AC...

Betinternet one time voided a bet and forgot to refund the stake. I told them and after a few minutes of them trying to understand what happened they said they would refund it in 24 hours.
Next day they deducted the stake again instead of adding it, so i was missing double the amount lol.
I had to explain the whole situation all over again, wait another 24 hours but finally i got the stakes back.

On the other hand, Statusbet gave me a stake back from a not-accepted bet the next day, with an email apology around 400 euros and i never even noticed money was missing in the first place...
fnatic91
Pro
ProProProPro

Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:54 am

But it's something completely different. Bet settled as won but its amount is not added to account, weird
That is hard to figure out.
We check if the bets are settled correctly , but we can't figure out that winnings are not credited when the bet is settled as won.
When you do the math at the end of the day , then you realize that something went wrong...you have suffered losses , when you made a lot of profits during the day :P 
Thordin
Totally Pro

Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:32 pm

Pinnacle statements is helpfull, it has the running total on the end, has a profit and loss column, easy to work it out.
Most bookies history statements are a lot harder to make sense from, especially if you make lots of small bets...

Yngwie, was the win-loss column total correct for that day?
dealer wins
Totally Pro

Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:34 pm

My spreadsheet keeps track of all bookie balances, and Pinny is spot on every day. 

Using Pinny via Premium Tradings (The bees Knees may I say) and no errors at all.
Never trust a goose!!!
ppintaluba
Pro
ProProProPro

Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:47 am

This is one of the many cases where tracking bets is important. You know I first used my own excel and then switched to my application. But no matter how you track your bets, you should be able to check your balances anytime you want (current balance and open bets balance) and compare this figures with your bookmakers' balances. You can do it daily, or less often. If you find any difference you should be able to check your last bets one by one on the book and your own record.
Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com
dr
drhoo

Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:34 am

so you guys track down every bet you make or do you just track balances on accounts at the end of the day?
ppintaluba
Pro
ProProProPro

Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:59 am

Every single one. And transactions, bonus, free bets, fees. Etc. How can any business be run without keeping record of its operations?

But you have a point. You can check balance at the end of the day (or every 2 or 3 days) and just dig into bets if something' s wrong.
Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com
dr
drhoo

Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:22 pm

yea, that's what i do. i find tracking all bets too much time consuming. i even made a simple web app for myself using this approach instead of excel sheets. you just define accounts, and then select one and enter balance. then it sums up for you and creates a few simple graphs and some stats, like balance movement and money distribution.

i find that simpler, but to each his own i guess.
DonkeyKong
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:39 pm

Once I had something like this on SBO with AC. But it is just that they have two kinds of money there, won money and credited or smth like this. So on my AC SBO I actually had the right amount it was just in two seperate balances, the Credited and the Won or w/e they are using there. But I can use both of them for bets/withdrawals anyway.

Myb this is also the case you had but myb not.
ppintaluba
Pro
ProProProPro

Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:14 pm

drhoo wrote: yea, that's what i do. i find tracking all bets too much time consuming. i even made a simple web app for myself using this approach instead of excel sheets. you just define accounts, and then select one and enter balance. then it sums up for you and creates a few simple graphs and some stats, like balance movement and money distribution.

i find that simpler, but to each his own i guess.
But with this approach you will not detect the problem described here, I think.
How many bets a day do pro arbers play? 50 arbs would take half an hour to track on Smart Bet Tracker. Maybe 1 hour. I think the detailed information you can get for 1 extra hour work pays a lot at the end of the day. Not to mention after months or year.
Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”