Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:14 am

bet at home > why are u using a vpn. ;D
no joke.
pls excuse my bad english
dr
drhoo

Re: telephone verification

Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:22 am

well yea, vpns suck for this very reason. limited number of ips.

and every bookie has one bonus per ip rule, so how do you get around that?
doubledavis
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:58 am

Max I was talking about the ewallets more so than credit cards but thanks for the info anyway. I don't think anyone using stolen cards will be opening up bet365 accounts and sticking £5k on Man Utd ML this weekend because as you say how will they get the winnings? They would be using the poker sides of the sports sites to chip dump over to other accounts they own.

Lets be honest the bookies don't actually care one jot about kyc for the customers protection. All they care about is trying to catch out arbers, bonus abusers, multi accounters and sharp punters. Anything they can do to make life difficult for those groups is good for them, and if they get really lucky they might be able to confiscate their funds.

The whole address proof one is what always makes me chuckle. Aside from trying to dig out the above groups, what does it really matter where I live? There's no law about needing to be on the ellectoral role at your address. I could move into my neighbours garage or the local village hall if I had their permission. That would then become my 'address'.
Thordin
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:21 pm

doubledavis wrote: Max I was talking about the ewallets more so than credit cards but thanks for the info anyway. I don't think anyone using stolen cards will be opening up bet365 accounts and sticking £5k on Man Utd ML this weekend because as you say how will they get the winnings? They would be using the poker sides of the sports sites to chip dump over to other accounts they own.

Lets be honest the bookies don't actually care one jot about kyc for the customers protection. All they care about is trying to catch out arbers, bonus abusers, multi accounters and sharp punters. Anything they can do to make life difficult for those groups is good for them, and if they get really lucky they might be able to confiscate their funds.

The whole address proof one is what always makes me chuckle. Aside from trying to dig out the above groups, what does it really matter where I live? There's no law about needing to be on the ellectoral role at your address. I could move into my neighbours garage or the local village hall if I had their permission. That would then become my 'address'.
Well, while i agree that they only care for their own interests, tehy are also obligated by law, their gambling authorities, to run age verification checks, id checks.
They want a proof of your address so that they are not breaking any law of a specific country, in case you login from a country that has online gambling taxes or something.

Most bookies nowadays ask you to complete KYC right after signup, some of them wont let you bet or play if you dont o it first.

And there is the other group of books that will, normally,  ask KYC once you withdraw more than 3000 over a rolling period or something similar.

The real '' I dont give a shit about KYC just hope you fail and i get to keep your balance'' group is the type that lets you signup deposit and deposit all you like, and if you make even a 20 euro withdrawal then comes forward with all the KYC ''obligations'' they have ''for your own protection''
doubledavis
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:38 pm

Ha yes, when I see books offering live 1.86 vs 1.86 lines I chuckle and think how can you possibly complain about arbers.

I know what you guys are saying about their licensing agreements but we both know they use this to fit their agenda. I have had plenty of examples of being verified electronically via the electoral role by the big UK books. No problem depositing or wagering for weeks on end and even told by live chat that my account is fully verified. When the inevitable withdrawal is needed then all of a sudden they couldn't possibly process my withdrawal without ID or address proof.

The anti money laundering stuff is also laughable. As long as the withdrawal is going back to the exact same deposit method then the books don't need to do anything else to have done their bit. By depositing and withdrawing via the same method you are leaving a direct paper trail of the money should the powers that be feel the need to investigate.
GrayFox
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:59 pm

stoiximan, nokibet, also calls usually for greeks. asking for name birthday etc. nokibet asked for last bet and deposit method.
Yngwie
Pro
ProProProPro

Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:19 pm

These are good days fellas. In future, they will start making account owner verifications via skype video chat.
SticyBandit
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:37 am

Thordin wrote:

Most bookies nowadays ask you to complete KYC right after signup, some of them wont let you bet or play if you dont o it first.
Max 10 % of all bookies, so your statement is false.

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”