Live Arbing Journal

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
Porthugz
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Live Arbing Journal

Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:07 am

Hello everyone and happy new year!

I decided to give a go at live arbitrage after trying numerous things. I want to keep a record sort of like an interactive blog here where I will share thoughts, disapointments, hopes and results in % hopefully daily. This will help me keeping my motivation at working hard and learning how to be a profitable arber.

I use no alert service and I will be doing this on the three sports I feel confortable with: Soccer, Basketball and tennis.

Daily Target is 0.5%
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Re: Live Arbing Journal

Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:47 am

Porthugz wrote: I will be doing this on the three sports I feel confortable with: Soccer, Basketball and tennis.
Your choices are correct. Tennis and Basketball will offer you more ''live'' opportunities than soccer.
Let us know how it goes. You might get some useful advice also from the rest of the members.
AllEars
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:54 am

Sounds nice!

I've been having excursions to the live side of things, but keep getting lazy and going back to pre-match since my blood pressure goes through the roof with live arbing after a while. Maybe you'll inspire me to try harder and do some meditation to keep my nerves in check :D
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:06 pm

AllEars wrote: blood pressure goes through the roof with live arbing after a while.
This is the biggest disadvantage of live arbing/trading.
pedro
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:17 pm

The point of arbing is to be as risk-free as possible.

If someone is experiencing high blood pressure it means there is significant risk of loss involved,
which means he/she is not live "arbing" but doing something else  (maybe "trading" but most probably just gambling).
yo
yorkjoss

Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:33 pm

pedro wrote: The point of arbing is to be as risk-free as possible.
this is not possible if you want to live arb, the point of arbing is to make as much profit as possible,
it's all about "risk and reward", yes you can be "risk free" but you then must ask yourself "am I being
too cautious, could I make more profit if i were braver?
AllEars
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:44 pm

pedro wrote: The point of arbing is to be as risk-free as possible.

If someone is experiencing high blood pressure it means there is significant risk of loss involved,
which means he/she is not live "arbing" but doing something else  (maybe "trading" but most probably just gambling).
Hmmm...

The point of arbing is a quite subjective thing. I might half-joke about high blood pressure, but of course that means there is risk involved. I played online poker for years, a couple of them full-time, and I always got the same feeling. It makes you feel alive, but also makes other things in life seem a bit... toned down. So what I meant was that I'm not sure if I want to go down that route again. With that said, I think that live arbing still has less variance than poker, so it might be that I can adjust to it better.

Overall I'd say that everybody has to choose the level of risk they're comfortable with and then go with it. It can just be a tricky thing to determine where the line should be drawn, even if you've dealt with risk for years. Then again, I've had many friends in the poker world who dealt with it much better than me.
dr
drhoo

Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:10 pm

arbing is so much less stressful than poker and it's not even close
cristi13
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:34 pm

drhoo wrote: arbing is so much less stressful than poker and it's not even close
I have to disagree. Unless you play some super low variance format like FL there is no comparison. It could be a bit stressful waiting for payment from a shitty bookie or losing a live bet from goal scored but when was the last time you had a breakeven month in arbing?
dr
drhoo

Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:37 pm

never, that's my point .... in poker, you have a lot of those therefore is more stressful when you hit a downswing .... these are rarer in arbing that's why i feel is less stressful.

sure bookies are scammers and it's painful to wait for withdraws sometimes but these are exceptions rather than rule.

idk maybe it's just me .... i used to play no limit holdem cash games and i gave up. find arbing much more profitable and soothing.
glasgowboy1
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:29 pm

it was squeeky bum time earlier as I plucked up the courage to land my first live arb, for a juicy return as well.

Cheers for the notes on live arbing though lads pushed me towards it.
KC83
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:53 pm

Gl m8! I will be checking your blog. I just started with arbing and I want to arbing live as well. It's very hard to find live arbs in football manually( in my opinion but I am still unexperied ) but basket seems to be easier. In tennis You should check rules for betting in play because they can be different from pre match betting.
Porthugz
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:07 pm

Wow, I did not expect that many answers, talk about motivation! Thanks for your support guys.

So first day, first problems haha. I was only able to bet on NBA games (there were a lot) as betfair refused to let me bet on tennis for an unknown reason (support said it was a rare problem and that it would take about 2 days for this to be fixed).

Later in the day, my betfair account got frozen because apparently, I logged in from the United States (which is weird since I am about 7000km away from there).

Result wise, 14 live surebets for a +1,2% growth of my capital which is very encouraging given the fact that I was only able to arb during 4 simultaneous NBA games and that I missed all the tennis action.

I am also working from scratch with a 6,5% commission Betfair account.

I will try to arb between pinnacle and soft bookies tonight for the two NBA games: Detroit vs San Antonio and Milwaukee vs Phoenix. These games could be very very interesting even though I don't really expect to be able to find many arbs without betfair.
dwaynnyt
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:03 pm

Arbing is stressful for sure. But the rewards can offset it for sure.
Porthugz
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:46 pm

Okay, got my betfair account back, so I'm back in business, will probably watch these three nba games tonight :)

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”