RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Which is Away team football???

Ask anything about smart gambling
IdiotArber
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Which is Away team football???

Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:50 am

Hi, Im IdiotArber. Just signed up seems like a good forum with a lot of knowledgeable people about. Hope someone can educate me out of idiocy.

Ive just got into this game of Arbitrage and thought I made a straight forward bet, placed both bets with different bookies at the best profitable odds on a YES/NO bet. BOTH BETS have Paid out??, this is obviously a mistake that I've made, a profitable mistake but a mistake none the less. Ill detail the bet below:

football  Gabon vs Equatorial Guinea

Away team to score 2nd half YES/NO?

2.6 odds with 888 for Yes bet,  they list game as-    Gabon - Equatorial Guinea (Away team to score in 2nd half)

1.83 odds with BET365 for Gabon NO,  they list game-  Equatorial Guinea - Gabon (Away team to score in 2nd half)

So i bet on Gabon NO and then Yes for Away team because i thought both bookies would class AWAY team the same, I now realise  the teams are switched around in the wordings, but they both state AWAY team 2nd half in brackets on both bookies, I assumed AWAY team would be the same with both bookies?? Where have I gone wrong?

Thanks for any help
BO
BOOYAKA

Re: Which is Away team football???

Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:09 am

I have not followed the africa cup of nations but guess it is played at neutral venue. No home team or away team.
IdiotArber
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:22 am

So if that was the case at neutral venue as you say, how do you determine which team the bookie is classifying as AWAY team??? Is it just the team listed last in the wording for example??

Gabon - Equatorial Guinea          Would Equatorial Guinea be classed as away in this instance?

Equatorial Guinea - Gabon          Would Gabon be classed as away in this instance?

I don't want to make this mistake again, fortunately made money on this but both bets could have lost as I am an idiot.

Thanks
fnatic91
Pro
ProProProPro

Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:29 am

IdiotArber wrote: So if that was the case at neutral venue as you say, how do you determine which team the bookie is classifying as AWAY team??? Is it just the team listed last in the wording for example??

Gabon - Equatorial Guinea          Would Equatorial Guinea be classed as away in this instance?

Equatorial Guinea - Gabon          Would Gabon be classed as away in this instance?

I don't want to make this mistake again, fortunately made money on this but both bets could have lost as I am an idiot.

Thanks
Home team is on the left , away team is on the right.

Bookie1 has Gabon as home team and Eq Ginea as away team.
Bookie2 has Eq Guineas as home team and Gabon as away team.
That match is played on neutral venue , that's why bookies have listed it on different ways.
IdiotArber
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:15 am

Thanks a lot, ill try not to be so stupid next bet.  :)
yo
yorkjoss

Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:30 am

idiotarber, that's a terrible name, mistakes are a crucial part of arbing and sadly are inevitable but must never be
accepted as they can make you "take your eye off the ball" it is very very important for an arber to keep these mistakes
to the very minimum, psychologically they are bad and a mistake can affect your arbing profit even more than the initial
mistake, how an arber deals with a loss and negative event is crucial, it is not always easy to just forget about it and
arb as if nothing had happened.

this time you got lucky but best to be thorough and concentrate 100% on keeping these mistakes to a minimum!
KC83
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:33 pm

I wasn't that lucky:)
Last friday I bet over/under 2.5 in French Ligue 2 game Ajaccio FC vs Ajaccio GFCO over 2.5 home team under away team:) score 0-3 goal in 86th minute.
I realized that I made a mistake when was about 84th minute and tried to fix it but odds has changed just before I made bet so I recalculated it and then market has been suspended in 85th min and then... goal been score in 86th minute. I started with arbing few weeks ago and its hurt me a lot from Sunday to Thursday I made 120 pounds profit( its a lot ith my 1200 budget) then I lost 195:( so at the end of the week I lost 75 cos I couldn't bet on Saturday at all:(
I made similar mistake before in Israelian league cos all the teams there are called Maccabi or Hapoel :) but I fixed it then and I shouldn't make that kind mistake again but I when human is in rush it's happens. We have saying in my country "When human is in rush devil have a laugh:)"
I agree with yorkyoss mistakes can be very negative in future profit. I was kind of scared and I was checking everything 3 times before I made another bet and I usually couldn't bet at the end cos live arbs disappear very quick.
Ps. When I made that bet I didn't even realize that both teams are from the same town. I just followed odds which were reversed by BetBurger.

Return to “Newbie's questions”