RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Lessons

Ask anything about smart gambling
Johno737
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Lessons

Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:07 am

Hi….Recently while carrying out work at a customers house I noticed him in front of about 5 computer screens with sports and racing on them. When i asked him if he was a pro gambler he said " absolutely not…i bet to win and to lose …it is no risk".
I envied his lifestyle of working from home with no boss and working the hours he wanted. After a second trip to his house he said if i was interested he could teach me …the cost was 5K and 10% of my earnings for the first year. This would involve about three weeks on the job training plus all the phone and email support i needed.
I then started investigating and have researched sports arbitrage trading. I have set up an ewallet ( with no money as yet) and have registered with about 8 bookies( again with no money deposits) .
I am very cautious with money so decided to try paper trading but am finding it difficult without paying an arp alert service. I am also concerned that this is a very short term career and i was hoping for something to take me to and beyond my retirement.

Do you think the 5K is worth shortcutting the learning curve and preventing potential mistakes or do you think i am better off doing the hard yards and learning by my mistakes. Your thoughts please. 
testez
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Re: Lessons

Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:52 am

Depends on how good he is...and i cant tell u that just from him having 4-5 monitors(he might very well be good ) what i can tell u is, there are some on this forum that i would pay that amount. Lets assume he is a good arber/trader, in this case

before u decide what to do, ask yourself this:

1. is this for u?
2. would u enjoy doing this for a living?
3. do u have a proper bankroll so the 5k wouldn make a BIG impact?

if all 3 are affirmative, then id say yes, the 5k would be worth it.  first of all not so much for avoiding mistakes,  u will do those, everyone does, its part of the learning process, even seasoned arbers/traders make mistakes every now and then, the difference is they spot those mistakes and can correct them in time.most of the times at least. Even though most of the information he would give u is available on this forum for free, there are some tricks and things u have to figure out on your own, and that is worth 5k+10% in my opinion.
try to find the honest answers for those questions first.
yo
yorkjoss

Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:46 am

testez wrote: Depends on how good he is...and i cant tell u that just from him having 4-5 monitors(he might very well be good ) what i can tell u is, there are some on this forum that i would pay that amount. Lets assume he is a good arber/trader, in this case

before u decide what to do, ask yourself this:

1. is this for u?
2. would u enjoy doing this for a living?
3. do u have a proper bankroll so the 5k wouldn make a BIG impact?

if all 3 are affirmative, then id say yes, the 5k would be worth it.  first of all not so much for avoiding mistakes,  u will do those, everyone does, its part of the learning process, even seasoned arbers/traders make mistakes every now and then, the difference is they spot those mistakes and can correct them in time.most of the times at least. Even though most of the information he would give u is available on this forum for free, there are some tricks and things u have to figure out on your own, and that is worth 5k+10% in my opinion.
try to find the honest answers for those questions first.
everything testez say is accurate but having said all that a more realistic price for an "aspiring" "dedicated" hard working"
wannabe arber to pay a pro would be £50k minimum, £5k would be an absolute steal, maybe this guy has made so much?
maybe he likes you? so for those reasons he's willing to teach you at such a knockdown price.

5 monitors??? I'd pay him £5k to teach me, I'd have no doubt he'd increase my yearly profit by more than that.

get in there!!! you'll make your £5k back in a heartbeat, you've no idea? that's why you asked the question,
no one on here will say any different, good luck

sometimes you gotta take a chance, this sounds like a gamble worth taking
Last edited by yorkjoss on Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Johno737
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:39 pm

Thanks very much for the advice.
I do think that i will enjoy this type of work. I was thinking of starting part time while i am still employed  and later it would be something i can continue into retirement without relying on a government pension.
The 5K will dent my working capital a fair bit but I'm sure i will be able to build it up again fairly quickly.
sportoboy
Has experience

Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:45 pm

The critical question here is not if he is a good arber (or a good "teacher"), but how much valuable information is he willing to give out.

He could know things that are valued at 100k, but give out only 1k of valuable info (if someone can actually value this, which is not easy). Or tell you things that can be valued much more than your 5k investment.

The only way that you can answer these questions is to try it out if you trust the guy.
raizzak
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:57 pm

tbh if you can afford it and you find yourself  ok with those 3 questions i believe you should take it. Tbh if he is any good the deal is a bargain... If not, well meh...
Don't speak for something you have no clue.
HeavyRigid
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:13 am

What an interesting turn of events for you, i'm quite jealous. Even if your teacher is only a half decent arber, you should make your 5k back and then some. So if you trust the guy, go for it and don't look back!
Johno737 wrote:I am also concerned that this is a very short term career and i was hoping for something to take me to and beyond my retirement.
You are correct to be concerned. Perhaps ask him some questions first about this aspect.
You might give-up your secure day job for something that in all likelyhood might last you less than a year. However, if your teacher has information on how to continue arbing up to retirement you should be paying him a truckload more than 5k.
portman
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:40 am

Dont give him a single penny and reason is simple. If he holds some unique secrets then he wouldnt be encouraged to disclose them for such an amount. He could easily exploit them for himself and make much more. So obviously he is gonna teach you things that do not cost 5k, some form of common knowledge, you can do your own research and find them out. And keep that money on your own pockets.
yo
yorkjoss

Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:18 pm

portman wrote: Dont give him a single penny and reason is simple. If he holds some unique secrets then he wouldnt be encouraged to disclose them for such an amount. He could easily exploit them for himself and make much more. So obviously he is gonna teach you things that do not cost 5k, some form of common knowledge, you can do your own research and find them out. And keep that money on your own pockets.
yeah portman is right, "don't give him a single penny"...........................but can I have his phone number ;D ;D ;D
gg
gg

Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:09 pm

If i were you, i would keep my day job and take the lessons in the afternoons. When you secure that things are workable, then give up your day job.. I would pay the 5,000 in weekly or monthly installments.
Johno737
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:25 am

You guys crack me up  ;D

Thank you for the advice…i will let you know how i go.

Have just registered an ewallet and signed up with some local bookies.

If i find the going too hard or feel it will be worth it i will pay the 5k and go for it.
qbet
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:58 am

Even if he tries to hide information you would be able to learn a lot about his thinking process and the way he operates. If you had some experience (the more the better) just watching another arber for one day would be enough but right now it might not be that helpful.
Are you sure he is an arber ?
15cnbrk12345
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:27 pm

You need to spend a bit more time with him i guess to trust him more maybe or something else as qbet says , is he an arber for sure maybe not ? But on the other hand 5k is nothing if he has really valuable ideas about arb.
vinciguerra
Has experience

Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:46 pm

first start off doing this yourself.  nobody is stopping you from actually taking up a subscription with an arbservice, do some trades for a month, get a bit of feeling for it.  you either like it or you don't.  you either got the skills or you don't. it's'not rocketscience, 99% of us have learnt this stuff by ourselves.

after that month you think you need someone to coach you or you don't. and you wouldn't have spend 5k for something that is uncertain..
Cash
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:30 pm

I find this thread odd.  We don't know what the 5 computer guy knows.  Maybe he doesn't know anything that we don't know, which we learned for free.  I just thought it was strange that some people were like, "Yeah, go for it, pay the 5K".

Return to “Newbie's questions”