BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets
RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Bankroll management

Ask anything about smart gambling
KyroskoskenParske

Bankroll management

Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:42 am

Hi. Very new to arbing. Been playing poker succesfully for the past 10 years, but my hourly rate has dropped so much that I need to find a new thing.

I've been playing with RebelBetting's free version (arbs up to 0.6%). I have money on three different bookies. Total bankroll is only 600, planning to increase it a lot if I ever get the hang of this.

My question is:

How do you manage your bankroll between bookies (I use Skrill)? How many %s of your BR on bookie X do you bet on a single bet? What % of your bankroll can you withdraw and deposit between bookies without getting banned?

I constantly end up in situations where my bankroll is divided for example 0-30-70% between my bookies.

Thanks.
sportoboy
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Re: Bankroll management

Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:31 pm

You can't arb with a 600 euros(?) bankroll. Unless you don't have a problem working xx hours a day for 10 or 20 euros profit.

Find a way to increase your bankroll first, a loan from family maybe?
bezsprzetu
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: Bankroll management

Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:47 pm

With tiny bankroll, I'd start with hunting as many bonuses as possible. Start with the smaller bonuses, then go for the bigger ones (to minimalize risk of liquidity problems). Amount you can add to your BR is hard to assess - dependent on your country of residence.
I wouldn't recommend any loans/credits for bankroll, arbing - in fact - looks like a safe activity, still as a new player you may encounter some unexpected problems.
Regarding bookies/e-wallet management, it's really dependent on your style of playing, amount of bookies you're using etc. Someone in the forum wrote a 'rule of thumb' to keep 30% of the roll in the e-wallet, and it sounds good.
Percent of the bankroll for one arb - IMO there is no rule of thumb like e.g. buyin management in poker, after some time that would finish as 'up to the limit' anyway.

Return to “Newbie's questions”