BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets
RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

BetFair asks for a 'community leader' to verify my documents?!?

Share ideas and experience on bookmakers. Search before starting any account
thag
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

BetFair asks for a 'community leader' to verify my documents?!?

Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:27 pm

Got some cash in your Australian wallet, or fancy placing a bet on an event in Oz? We need to see some paperwork to keep things running smoothly. Send us one of each of these categories, certified by a community leader:

1.      Your ID
Send a copy of your passport, driving licence, or National ID card.
2.      Your address
A copy of a utility or tax bill or a bank statement will do the trick – as long as it’s not more than 3 months old.

Once you’ve got your documents together, get a community leader  – a doctor, a teacher, a dentist, a local councillor – to write on each one “I certify that this is a true copy of the original document”, followed by their name, signature and what they do for a living.

Remember to put your username on each one so we know who you are.

Then scan it and email it to us at kyc@betfair.com. Job done.

:o :o :o

WTF is this? I already sent them my ID, a document with my address and then I got this request?
I don't want to involve my doctor or dentist in my private hobby's? I can send them any document they want, even make a mug shot with it or verify by skype or something.
Anybody else had this request & can they really ask for this? Note I only have a lousy 40€ or something on that Aussie wallet  :P...
ppintaluba
Pro
ProProProPro

Re: BetFair asks for a 'community leader' to verify my documents?!?

Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:22 pm

Australia has these regulations. I don't know if there's a way to avoid it. All Australians bookmakers ask these documents, I think.
Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com
AUAvi
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:40 pm

Standard procedure if you want to use the Australian wallet on Betfair without restrictions.
lerllerdi
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:46 pm

This used to be standard procedure for Betfair. I had to do it this looong ago, but I would have thought Betfair eveloved with the times. Guess not :) These days OZ bookies just verify you online but if they can't verify you for some reason, this is the procedure they too will ask for, if you read the terms and conditions.

edit: probably the easiest way is just to get it done by Justice of the peace. No need to involve people you know :) Most libraries (even local small ones) would have one sitting in, couple days a week.
Last edited by lerllerdi on Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Bookies discussion”