RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Forcing An Arb Using Exchange

Ask anything about smart gambling
Chaos
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Forcing An Arb Using Exchange

Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:49 pm

I'm quite new to arbing so sorry if this is something that has been discussed before but I've been trying to work out a way to make my own arbs happen using exchanges such as Betfair. This is what I'm thinking:

Using a football game, back a team to win at the best odds available. Then, place a relevant corresponding lay bet on the same team which would make an arb of say 2-5%. Obviously this lay bet would be unmatched, so select to keep at in play. If the team you have bet on starts winning it is unlikely anyone will take up your lay bet, and if they go on to win you will get a full win return. If they start losing/looking like they will not win then someone should take your lay bet and you will get your arb of 2-5%.
The only flaw I can see here is if the team start winning and no one takes your bet, then they lose at the last minute, costing you the full back stake. However this should hopefully be cancelled out by the times you win the full stake.

Is this viable, or am I missing something which will prevent this from working?
Chaos
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: Forcing An Arb Using Exchange

Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:20 am

Think I've worked out my own mistake. I've got confused with who's laying and backing. If my backed team starts losing then no one is going to take my lay at lower odds than the starting price, so I'll lose both bets!
ppintaluba
Pro
ProProProPro

Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:53 am

If you back and lay the same team you will win one bet. The fact is that the lay bet will never be matched at better odds if the team is losing.

But you won't loose both bets. You will lose only the back bet. The other remains unmatched.
Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com
fuzzler
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:52 pm

Thanks ppintaluba. That makes a whole lot of sense.

Return to “Newbie's questions”