RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Ways to ruin a good account

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
sonic
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Ways to ruin a good account

Sat May 02, 2015 10:23 am

Sure we get limited after we constantly bet on the best lines and probably not straight away but incrementally. We try to be selective, but sometimes we take some stupid line and get limited instantly.

This happened to me yesterday. I ruined a party account  by taking a rather obscure line in the Celtic match during HT. I knew it was dangerous but did it anyway. Guess what happened ...Limited instantly. I think I heard the trader on the other side screaming 'Got you! '  :D

Party was out arber hunting yesterday. Oh well.. ..
blackjim
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: Ways to ruin a good account

Sat May 02, 2015 10:37 am

sonic wrote: Sure we get limited after we constantly bet on the best lines and probably not straight away but incrementally. We try to be selective, but sometimes we take some stupid line and get limited instantly.

This happened to me yesterday. I ruined a party account  by taking a rather obscure line in the Celtic match during HT. I knew it was dangerous but did it anyway. Guess what happened ...Limited instantly. I think I heard the trader on the other side screaming 'Got you! '  :D

Party was out arber hunting yesterday. Oh well.. ..
It's always a matter of time these days...
HeavyRigid
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue May 05, 2015 10:11 am

"My friend" placed a moderate size bet on women's netball. One of the teams was from her home town, so she thought she'd give it a shot.
No more than 2 minutes had passed after the bet was laid, when an email came in saying that account was now permanently closed, and please provide bank details to send remaining balance.

Lesson: No more bets on female sport. (Tennis excluded)
pedro
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue May 05, 2015 2:25 pm

HeavyRigid wrote: "My friend" placed a moderate size bet on women's netball. One of the teams was from her home town, so she thought she'd give it a shot.
No more than 2 minutes had passed after the bet was laid, when an email came in saying that account was now permanently closed, and please provide bank details to send remaining balance.

Lesson: No more bets on female sport. (Tennis excluded)
No more bets on netball is a more correct conclusion ...
Cash
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue May 05, 2015 11:28 pm

that blows.  can you please describe in what way the line was suspicious?  thanks.
HeavyRigid
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed May 06, 2015 12:06 am

Cash wrote: that blows.  can you please describe in what way the line was suspicious?  thanks.
It was a simple H2H bet on a 3% arb, prematch.

In my area, netball is by far the most popular women's (team) sport. I thought with a female ID, it would be a safe bet. I'm assuming any sport less popular than netball is also insta ban.

Side note: as we all know there is more than one side to an arb. The bookmaker on the other end of the arb is still going strong (also a soft book).
Last edited by HeavyRigid on Wed May 06, 2015 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”