RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

2 PCs with 1 mouse

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
arber_PL
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

2 PCs with 1 mouse

Wed May 06, 2015 4:14 pm

Guys, do anybody know posibility to control two computers with one mouse when these computers are not connected in local network? I see that people recommend Synergy, but it works with PCs in one network and I want to use two internet providers.
blackjim
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: 2 PCs with 1 mouse

Wed May 06, 2015 4:23 pm

Easiest way would be to have a remote monitoring window for one PC and physically operate the other one.
( VNC or teamviewer would be good solutions )
It doesn't matter whether they are on the same LAN or not ( that does affect speed on the monitoring window though, so if you are on low bandwidth, you must find a smart way to operate that 2nd PC )
cristi13
To become a Pro

Wed May 06, 2015 4:47 pm

If these computers are at the same location the best solution is to create a network with a direct cable and use a mouse&keyboard sharing program (i recommend input director). I was in the same situation and just couldn't find a program to do this properly via internet.
Alternatively you may want to try a kvm switch, it works without a network but i'm not so sure about the speed switching between one pc to another.
qbet
To become a Pro

Wed May 06, 2015 4:50 pm

blackjim
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed May 06, 2015 4:58 pm

It actually depends on what exactly you want to do.
If you just want this second PC for it's IP address, just set up a proxy on it, and then from your main pc you can have multiple browser windows, choosing which ones to use the second PC as a proxy.
avskum
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu May 07, 2015 9:23 am

cristi13 wrote: If these computers are at the same location the best solution is to create a network with a direct cable and use a mouse&keyboard sharing program (i recommend input director). I was in the same situation and just couldn't find a program to do this properly via internet.
Alternatively you may want to try a kvm switch, it works without a network but i'm not so sure about the speed switching between one pc to another.
I would go for this option, download team viewer and remotely control one computer.
arber_PL
To become a Pro

Fri May 08, 2015 11:25 am

Thank you for all answers!
@blackjim - I installed TeamViewer and tried to work using it. It could be a solution, if 2nd PC's bandwidth is little higher - now I'm getting a little uncomfortable lags that might be costly.
@qbet - I've already checked this program before asking, but I wasn't able to establish connection between PCs. And I think it also needs PCs working in LAN.

I think I'll choose the simplest answer and use second mouse.  :D Additionally I'm going to buy cable to connect PCs just like cristi13 advised and give it a try.
blackjim
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon May 11, 2015 3:49 pm

arber_PL wrote: Thank you for all answers!
@blackjim - I installed TeamViewer and tried to work using it. It could be a solution, if 2nd PC's bandwidth is little higher - now I'm getting a little uncomfortable lags that might be costly.
@qbet - I've already checked this program before asking, but I wasn't able to establish connection between PCs. And I think it also needs PCs working in LAN.

I think I'll choose the simplest answer and use second mouse.  :D Additionally I'm going to buy cable to connect PCs just like cristi13 advised and give it a try.
If performance is important ( and I understand that it is ) just set up a web proxy in one machine and use it in the other. It's by far the most efficient solution in terms of bandwidth.

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”