RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

"arbets" giving very high profit Arbs

Ask anything about smart gambling
anandmaurya
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

"arbets" giving very high profit Arbs

Sat May 09, 2015 4:54 am

Well , i am very new to even knowing about arbs and from a few days i have been doing some research on arb betting
What i have come to know is the profit every money can be 10% if we are realistic according to "rebelbetting". They even have it in their e-book that any arb which gives more than 5% profit is usually a mistake on the bookmakers part.

But there is another website called "arbets" where in their past results, they show arbs that give profits like 30% , 43% , 59% , 66% ...etc which are too high  and these arbs appear on their website almost everyday and also their lifetime is about 24minutes - 70 minutes etc . Are these arbs true ? Can we rely on them and place our bets or these arbs or they are some bookmaker mistakes ?

How much profit can we really expect from an arb . 3% ? 30% ?
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Re: "arbets" giving very high profit Arbs

Sat May 09, 2015 5:17 am

We discussed this issue several times in the past. The 30% arb is a dangerous myth that should be avoided. I suggest you stay within more humble profits (and risks).
An experienced arber is able to maintain a 14-16% monthly ROI in the long run.
blackjim
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon May 11, 2015 4:01 pm

Arbusers wrote: We discussed this issue several times in the past. The 30% arb is a dangerous myth that should be avoided. I suggest you stay within more humble profits (and risks).
On that ~15% ROI, what's the upper limit for the resources you can invest?
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Mon May 11, 2015 5:20 pm

blackjim wrote:
Arbusers wrote: We discussed this issue several times in the past. The 30% arb is a dangerous myth that should be avoided. I suggest you stay within more humble profits (and risks).
No universal answer for this question. Depends on where you come from and what bookmakers you have at your disposal. A general answer would say that anything above 120k is not needed. On the other hand some people use far bigger bankroll.
Timorous
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon May 11, 2015 6:28 pm

Arbusers wrote:A general answer would say that anything above 120k is not needed. On the other hand some people use far bigger bankroll.
120k....eeeek

I've already been restricted by a number of bookies for bets under £100 - how on earth I would ever get away from 120k bankroll I will never know :D
Timorous
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon May 11, 2015 6:33 pm

anandmaurya wrote: Well , i am very new to even knowing about arbs and from a few days i have been doing some research on arb betting
What i have come to know is the profit every money can be 10% if we are realistic according to "rebelbetting". They even have it in their e-book that any arb which gives more than 5% profit is usually a mistake on the bookmakers part.

But there is another website called "arbets" where in their past results, they show arbs that give profits like 30% , 43% , 59% , 66% ...etc which are too high  and these arbs appear on their website almost everyday and also their lifetime is about 24minutes - 70 minutes etc . Are these arbs true ? Can we rely on them and place our bets or these arbs or they are some bookmaker mistakes ?

How much profit can we really expect from an arb . 3% ? 30% ?
I am really new to arbing as well, and I stay away from anything over 15% and I am cautious of anything 7-15% (wary of anything over 5% basically)

I had an arb earlier today that was anything between 13-35% - but the books had the home team the wrong way round, and as a result the win odds almost matched exactly.

There are two pitfalls to arbing I have noticed so far....

1. Books cancelling a bet for wrong odds - NO amount of complaining will get them to accept they are wrong (and NO a lot of the time they won't let you cancel a "mistake")

2. Your/my own mistakes - check, check and check again before placing the wager - check your cash in each account can cover, check the maximum bet allowed (if possible) check it's the right match, check the teams are listed correctly

With time and patience the profit is there!
blackjim
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue May 12, 2015 2:25 pm

Arbusers wrote:
blackjim wrote:
No universal answer for this question. Depends on where you come from and what bookmakers you have at your disposal. A general answer would say that anything above 120k is not needed. On the other hand some people use far bigger bankroll.
A bit higher than what I would expect.
Like you said, it depends on the kind of arbs and companies you use, but still, 120k is pretty huge for most arbers I think.
( we are talking about the maximum amount of stakes you can have at any given point, including money that might be frozen while being withdrawn or whatever )

Would be interesting to have a poll about this on the site.
Arboman
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed May 20, 2015 12:18 am

[/quote]

How big is a standard bet with such a bankroll? I feel uncomfortable betting 1500 and winning at a softbook then having a balance of 4-5k there. So usually I bet 500-1000 at softbooks for the most part. The main question is how much can you get away with without getting too much heat. I see three possibilities:

- These are small arbs between basebooks
- The money is spread over too many accounts
- You just bet big when the limits allow it and do not care about having a 18k balance at a softbook

Curious to know which one is it? :))

Return to “Newbie's questions”