Tennis Arb-Trading

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
ahoythere
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tennis Arb-Trading

Wed May 20, 2015 11:52 am

Hi Arbusers and all other contributors to the forum,

Firstly thanks for helping to create an informative, useful and intriguing community. Like many other’s I’ve evolved from pre to live, once the often-discussed challenges become apparent, and then taken action to delay the inevitable and improve my money-management skills.

I’ve been arbing and trading for just under a year now and there aren't many industries which have such a useful forum to call upon for information. However I’ve noticed there is not much discussion about how we can combine our trading and Live arbing skills to best effect. There is a wealth of information away from this forum on techniques for straight-trading but this is centred around backing and laying on Betfair only. What I want to do is explore the techniques for combining the Bookies and laying (or backing the opposite outcome) on Betfair. Arbusers I noted you mentioned Tennis as your top sport for Live arbing so I’m especially intrigued on how to maximise this sports potential.

As we know the domestic football season is almost over and the useful American Sports are also winding down until Sept/October, so I’m looking to Tennis to keep my profits high through full utilisation of Betfair in the arbing world. I wanted to share what I have already learnt and then ‘throw the ball out’ to you all  :). The French Open is just starting so what better way to start practising with the high liquidity available. Then if there is interest from you we can try and keep a dialogue going throughout the tournament as we experiment with different techniques.

Setup
Extremely useful to have a Betfair tool instead of placing through the website with it’s slow updates. I’m using three screens, with Advanced Cymatic Trader on one screen for monitoring the exchange activity and placing quick, accurate stakes.

Markets
Using BetBurger I am alerted to matches with potential gaps in opinion between traders (Betfair) and bookies. It also filters out bookies with different rules to Betfair’s. This is important in case of an injury and the match doesn’t finish. For example earlier today I was arb-trading a Match market at the Nice Open and it was abandoned after the first set. Had the Betfred rules being different to the Betfair 1 set rule I would of made a loss.

Skill
This is the part which requires intuition, risk-assessment and nerve even more-so than straight Live arbing. The great thing is we can keep our stakes low until we feel confident and to begin with I suggest using a limited bookmaker when placing these small stakes. Being aware of the liquidity available to match your bookie side of the arb is key. Also following the match to predict the odds movements is where we can increase the % of the arbs.

Results
These will depend on stakes, willingness (nerve) to let the game run before placing the other side and above mentioned skill. This is a higher-risk higher-reward scenario. Remember Tennis points accumulation is much more predictable than other goal sports but we still need to pay attention to how the match is unfolding if we choose to hold on (hopefully for an increased %) before placing the other side of the arb-trade.

Further discussion and opinions on the above as well as:

Placing the Betfair side or the bookie side first?

Best way to get a low %age Betfair account so we can maximise our profit on the Betfair side?

Best markets for arb-trading and how can we create the market on the Betfair side in low liquidity markets?

Techniques and methods for adaptation to other sports such as Basketball with set pattern of points accumulation?

Please share your thoughts,

Ahoythere
Thordin
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Re: Tennis Arb-Trading

Wed May 20, 2015 12:46 pm

Do you find switching between matches easy using Cymatic Trader?
I tried using geekstoy once, its so hard to find the match and market when you find an arb.
ahoythere
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed May 20, 2015 2:02 pm

Hey Thordin.

I've never tried Geekstoy or BetAngel.

For this one when selecting markets it's a relatively simple few clicks down the logical sequence. Or you can run a query to get just the live markets in view which is what I do then it's easier. Loads quicker than through the website too.

This program is free to use so worth a try and let me know how you find it?
KC83
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun May 24, 2015 2:25 pm

Hi! I recently started trading tennis live but today I was very disappointed. I can't find live streams for RG only main court but for first few days I don't expect any interesting games there where it is possible to make any money. Following score boards on bookies website is hard and doesn't tell much about the game. Slamtracker from RG website is too slow but they write some info there.
Why do You want to mix bookies with betfair? Are You able to find better odds with the bookies? I am using geek toy and I trade only on exchange. I have been arb-trading live basketball, but I gave up after I lost uncovered bet. I couldn't believe that macabbi tel awiv is able to lose last quarter of game with alba Berlin by nine points but they did. I could make an arb from it but I was stupid and greedy and lost whole stake:-) I had a shower during last quarter:-)
Do You have any website with good live streams?
Have You ever was trade-arbing grand slam before? If yes did You notice any difference in men tournament? There is one extra set and I wonder does odds move similar to normal tournaments when backing players who are serving.
fuzzler
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon May 25, 2015 5:03 am

Trying this with Geekstoy right now. Let's see how this works out overall.
M@chibist
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon May 25, 2015 11:38 am

You can find all tennis matches on geeks under tennis->coupons->in play matches.
Be careful with the RG , big delays and courtsiders playground.
For the best deal regarding bf commission check exchanges section.

Best regards

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”