clarification vpn, virtual machines etc

Ask anything about smart gambling
thunderstruck20
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

clarification vpn, virtual machines etc

Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:13 am

Dear folks,

the security issue is still a pretty vague area for me as a newbie. There are several topics on vpn and virtual machines but the opinions deffer pretty much... Which one best to use, do bookies spot them or not, etc.

Is there an experiencest arber who could sum up all the different aspects and things to keep in mind?

So far I did not use any vpn while registering and putting some bets on different sites. Now, when I do start using it, can I expect any trouble/difficulties with the bookies I already dealt with? They must have all stored my IP adress by now... Will they question me and so on while my IP has changed? Or is it fine if I select an IP from my location and keep using that?

Yesterday I downloaded 'cyberghost' (the basic, free version) on to my phone to be able to access some blocked content. I have to admit, it's pretty straight forward and no hassle at all, installation and usage was done in a few minutes and it also works pretty well for what I intended to use it. I did not recognize any slowness or such so far, therefore I can recommend it to anyone - question is of course if it has also dissadvantages or if there are maybe even better ones..?!

What's your opinion on tor? I never used it but from what I have read it seems to be a safest what you can get... nevertheless somebody commented that it's the worst what you can use, but why??

Any more info on hidemyass, IP vanish, virtualbox? Does anybody of you use those - and why do you prefer them to the others?

I've also see that some use a virtual PC. Is that really necessary? I want to keep it as simply and cheap as possible...  :P

Would you recommend to disable javascript in the browser? What else should I keep in mind to be always on the safe side and avoid trouble with existing and future bookies as good as possible?

Thanks a million for your replies, really appreciated!

It's a great honour and pleasure to be part of this supportive community!

Wishing you all a great day and and good %-s!

:D
ArberPro
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Re: clarification vpn, virtual machines etc

Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:25 am

Wrong thread
thunderstruck20
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:48 pm

Hello!

How do you mean 'wrong thread', did I post it in the wrong place? If yes, sorry for that... it's the first time I am following/writing on a forum, sure gotta get used to a few things...

Thank you for any feedback and answers to my questions!

Best regards
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:37 pm

Thunder, you are kindly informed that you placed your post under the ''announcements'' board. I moved it here because it belongs here. Arberpro is right.

Also, in addition to what I mentioned to you via pm, i would like to comment that you are including a vast number of questions within the same post. It would be better if you asked one time at a time, so you get the answers from people that could answer. I doubt that anyone has answers to all of your questions and this is discouraging people to answer to you.
Anyway. Keep that for future use.
Guys, feel free answering to any part of Thunder's post you would like to.
Thank you.
Skaggerak
Pro
ProProProPro

Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:14 am

I'm starting to foray into this area as well thunder,by no means experienced.

I've heard one story from a friend that because he used a vpn on a bookies site his account was shut down,I'm not sure what the vpn in question was though.
The biggest issue I'm having around the idea is how any vpn is viable when most are delivering an ip to you that is not unique,this has lead me to the conclusion so far that my best bet might simply be a new/clean computer,eliminating the need for a virtual machine at this juncture,along with possibly a new mobile broadband package,one of those that you simply plug into your machine and go from there.
Having to buy a new internet package with monthly rates would add to costs but if it would ensure safety on my new machine I think it would be worth it.I know there are private ip providers but I wonder how they would compare costwise and if they are reliable enough.There's also less possibility of mistaking one machine for another when both are designated to a particular cause.I’m sure there is a greater chance of unforced errors with virtual machines,forgetting to click a button and go in or out of your particular workspace etc.Then again if you’re using one you probably have enough experience and profit to not worry as much about these things or can handle them more effectively.

The private vpn/vps method is probably the most efficient model but for now,because I'm not fully confident in myself to manage the organisation of that kind of setup I think I might go for the other setup as it's just one less thing to worry about in the heat of the moment.
If you're problem is needing to sign in from a different country I guess the method I outlined isn't an option.It's probably a good idea to stay consistent with your country sign in anyway,another unforced error to worry about.
Last edited by Skaggerak on Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
thunderstruck20
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:18 am

Dear all,

Thank you very much for your helpful feedback - sorry again for posting incorrectly (I actually realized that you moved my post but wasn't sure though...) and for asking too many questions at the same time...

I start to realize that this area might be one where everybody has to make his/her own experiences...

As Skaggerak mentioned: he heared from one story (only). Now, I guess it's often similar... what works most of the times might cause trouble sometimes but it's difficult or impossible to see a definite pattern. I understand that also arbers differ in their betting habits, technical skills, previous experiences etc. Therefore using one thing with a slightly different setup or technique might produce a different outcome.

For example: so far only one of my accounts has been restricted by a UK site - with the explanation that 'betting in your country is prohibited'. I guess a lot bookies have this condition in their terms and conditions but most of them don't make use of it as long as they have to. This specific site blocked me after it got obvious that I was only going for their bonus. I deposited 50, was offered a bonus of 20. Then I straight away placed a bet of 70 but failed to back it correctly. When the bet lost I did not deposit any more and after two weeks or so they restricted my account.

So, this was pretty much my fault... I could have tried to acquire the bonus more carefully and probably wouldn't have had any trouble then... (or at least for some more time)

I think I will just go ahead and try different solutions with different accounts and see what works and what does not... maybe I exaggerated the importance of this topic, before even really starting with the arbing?!  ::)

Nevertheless, please let me know if there is anything else useful to know...

Thanks a lot!
arber_PL
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:40 pm

thunderstruck20 wrote: For example: so far only one of my accounts has been restricted by a UK site - with the explanation that 'betting in your country is prohibited'. I guess a lot bookies have this condition in their terms and conditions but most of them don't make use of it as long as they have to. This specific site blocked me after it got obvious that I was only going for their bonus. I deposited 50, was offered a bonus of 20. Then I straight away placed a bet of 70 but failed to back it correctly. When the bet lost I did not deposit any more and after two weeks or so they restricted my account.
Some of UK bookies don't like arb bettors (and bettors from Eastern Europe I think) and could close your account after a few bets (or even one sometimes) on value line. So your 'accident' isn't anything unusual.
thunderstruck20
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:47 pm

I see... does it make any sense to use a simulated UK IP-adress (e.g. with cyberghost) so that maybe I can stay under their radar, or will they notice anyway that I am using a UK IP with non-UK account details? (guess that would be even worse...) Are they manually checking every account for these details or is this done randomly, maybe if their system detects a non-UK IP? Cheers!

Return to “Newbie's questions”