RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Self-Exclusion

Ask anything about smart gambling
Chills-22
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Self-Exclusion

Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:40 am

New Arber here-had a pretty crazy 6 months since turning 18-won some crazy money on bet365-lost most on all sites, but I've ended up with a bankroll of £50,000 (UK based) but self excluded from bet365, ladbrokes, w.hill and most other softbooks. I'm fascinated by arbing, and am strongly resisting the urge to start crazy gambling again! Will my inability to access these softbooks seriously limit my prospects as a new starting at arber, I know exchanges, bookies like pinnacle are also useful, so could use them. Thanks!
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Re: Self-Exclusion

Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:23 am

Chills-22 wrote: I've ended up with a bankroll of £50,000
This is n excellent starting point.

Chills-22 wrote: I'm fascinated by arbing, and am strongly resisting the urge to start crazy gambling again!
Gambling is an addiction that starts from the high level of hormones called adrenalines excreted by the brain. It's estimated that around 6% of people will experience a gambling problem during their lifetime. The feeling of loss becomes a drug for gambler, and actually, this is the reason why no gambler walks away for the table when he wins millions. He ll stay in the table until he triggers the secretion of the hormone described above, causing the feeling of loss. In reality, these people are a guarantee that bookmaking will continue and therefore we (arbers) will also continue having our bread. Taking all these as granted, I strongly suggest that you don't return back to crazy gambling, at any cost.
Chills-22 wrote: Will my inability to access these softbooks seriously limit my prospects as a new starting at arber?
Yes.
Chills-22
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:09 am

Thanks for the reply and I agree 100% about gambling addiction, I was extremely lucky to ever make the money, and was on a destructive path of blowing it all. Which is why I have mixed feelings about self excluding-on the one hand it's saved me £50,000 as I would've unquestionably blown it, but now it's extremely frustrating as I feel I could've been a good arber. Healthy bankroll, experience of moving money in and out of sites, very sharp with odds, unlimited free time and no financial responsibility. My previous history of crazy betting could have saved me being limited for a while on softbooks too. Do you think without the 9 or 10 major UK bookmakers that I've excluded from that arbing isn't viable for me, I've tried contacting each site but self-exclusion is pretty rigid-no easy way around it without setting up accounts in other people's names which as I've read carries its own risks and is best avoided. Looking through Arbitrage detection sites online, most arbs are sadly found on Coral, William Hill, Ladbrokes, Bet Victor-I guess therefore my hopes of being an arber are pretty unrealistic given my predicament :(
yo
yorkjoss

Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:17 pm

Chills-22 wrote: New Arber here-had a pretty crazy 6 months since turning 18-won some crazy money on bet365-lost most on all sites, but I've ended up with a bankroll of £50,000 (UK based) but self excluded from bet365, ladbrokes, w.hill and most other softbooks. I'm fascinated by arbing, and am strongly resisting the urge to start crazy gambling again! Will my inability to access these softbooks seriously limit my prospects as a new starting at arber, I know exchanges, bookies like pinnacle are also useful, so could use them. Thanks!
sure you could be a successful arber, your never going to do it in your own name anyway so the fact that you self excluded
in your own name would quickly become irrelavent.

as a "crazy" and addictive gambler myself who discovered arbing because of my gambling then I'm in a good position
to comment.

arbing/trading  is a very dangerous game, you are very young, you will read about much success on here but the guys who have lost everything will not post, chasing losses is so easy to do and so destructive, you will need incredible discipline
if you are to make it as an arber, you would basically have to change from how you think just now, if you don't your arbing
will quickly turn into gambling, for a gambler turned arber, accepting inevitable losses and resisting the urge to gamble it
back can sometimes be impossible and would risk your entire bankroll and leave you in a very dark place.

but I repeat, of course chills-22 you can make it as an arber.
qbet
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:38 pm

Self-exclusion isn't permanent right? Couldn't  you reinstate the account by contacting the sites after some time ? I think that would be good as they wouldn't suspect that a degen gambler could turn into a arber very easily.
Chills-22
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:51 am

Self Exclusion is irreversible for most of the softbooks-for others I'm excluded for 3 years, so gunna be tough to get back on them tbh. Yorkjoss-who's accounts would I use then to arb with, I could try asking friends, but wouldn't there be huge practical difficulties given transferring money in and out of accounts? Cheers for replies! M
yo
yorkjoss

Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:44 pm

Chills-22 wrote: Self Exclusion is irreversible for most of the softbooks-for others I'm excluded for 3 years, so gunna be tough to get back on them tbh. Yorkjoss-who's accounts would I use then to arb with, I could try asking friends, but wouldn't there be huge practical difficulties given transferring money in and out of accounts? Cheers for replies! M
I suggest you spend many hours reading the forum, for a newbie arber the answers to your question and more
have been covered many many times
RoosterDonky
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:07 pm

I got a dollar that says this ends badly.
Anyone posting odds?
Fade Fairpunter's picks for sure profits!
f164
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:02 pm

this ends badly 1.20
this ends well    6.0

Return to “Newbie's questions”