BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets
RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Vote YES or NO in the Greek referendum

Anything else but gambling

What will you vote in the Greek referendum?

Poll runs till Wed Jan 05, 2061 9:49 pm

YES
40%
NO
60%

Total votes: 20
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Re: Vote YES or NO in the Greek referendum

Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:07 pm

The NO odds collapsed in betfair. It seems that NO is advancing rapidly.
arbusers
Administrator

Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:35 pm

To those who are trading the event, I must stress that no exit poll is considered reliable. Do not trust what you see at 19.00 GMT+2. Do not take any risk based in this exit poll. The real picture will be presented at 21.00 GMT+2 by people that will not risk their reputation.
You ve been informed.
qbet
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:46 pm

Arbusers wrote: The NO odds collapsed in betfair. It seems that NO is advancing rapidly.
I couldn't find this market  on Betfair. If they say NO then that's it.
vinciguerra
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:58 pm

GrayFox wrote: Lets hope for a solution that will change the concept of Europe & will bring no more problems in Greece.
what kind of a solution do you have in mind?  i don't see one.
arbusers
Administrator

Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:39 pm

61/39. The NO is advancing further. once again...TV channels of Greece tried a coup d' etat unsuccessfully.
I was very much correct saying that the 19.00 exit polls weren't reliable.
GrayFox
Has experience

Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:57 pm

[quote author=vinciguerra link=topic=3237.msg38646#msg38646
[/quote]

a viable solution for Europe and Greece too.
Its hard here to express my personal point of view.

The No is closer as it seems.The next days we ll see what kind of agreement will be & if will be one..
vinciguerra
Has experience

Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:05 pm

GrayFox wrote: [quote author=vinciguerra link=topic=3237.msg38646#msg38646
a viable solution for Europe and Greece too.
Its hard here to express my personal point of view.

The No is closer as it seems.The next days we ll see what kind of agreement will be & if will be one..
[/quote]

Why would there be an agreement if the Greeks vote no? I can't think of a single reason.
vinciguerra
Has experience

Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:34 pm

Arbusers wrote: 1. Greece will have to unilaterally write of its debt. Lets not forget that Greece, together with the rest european nations forgave the German debt in 1953. It is a pity that Germany forgets so easily, and that makes me think that Germany has a different agenda for Europe.
Germany isn't one entity that has the ability to remember or forget something. It's not just Greece that is a democracy, Germany (and the other EU nations) is one as well. If you would hold a referendum in any of these countries on forgiving Greece its debts, you don't need exit polls to predict the outcome. So, of course that is not going to happen and there's nothing unfair about it, it's the way the system works. It's not just the Greek people that are voting populistic and opportunistic, the people of other European countries are just as bad. Any Euro politician suggesting a write-off or even a better deal after a greek NO would get totally crucified back at home and their careers would be over. That's democracy for you; it can be direct (like a referendum) or indirect (like politicans being pressured by polls back home);  not only Greece is entitled to this mechanism. That's why there's no solution for this issue and everybody will be a loser.
Arbusers wrote: If the US credibly shows that they still need Greece in NATO, then Greece should stay in NATO...IF not...
if not what?  i don't quite follow this part.
vinciguerra
Has experience

Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:35 pm

that's weird.  i responded to a quote that disappeared :)
Yngwie
Pro
ProProProPro

Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:09 pm

I would vote for YES.
Last edited by Yngwie on Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arbusers
Administrator

Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:11 pm

I deleted my previous post because I suspected it could create a snowball of posts. You were very fast to quote it.

That is why I used the word unilaterally. I m more than sure that a number of countries would agree to the idea, knowing that they are next in line to be attacked by Germany.
You don't have o follow everything, but the answer is included in my previous post under the meaning of "other options".
sonic
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:18 pm

[quote="Arbusers"]

Germany isn't one entity that has the ability to remember or forget something. It's not just Greece that is a democracy, Germany (and the other EU nations) is one as well. If you would hold a referendum in any of these countries on forgiving Greece its debts, you don't need exit polls to predict the outcome. So, of course that is not going to happen and there's nothing unfair about it, it's the way the system works. It's not just the Greek people that are voting populistic and opportunistic, the people of other European countries are just as bad. Any Euro politician suggesting a write-off or even a better deal after a greek NO would get totally crucified back at home and their careers would be over. That's democracy for you; it can be direct (like a referendum) or indirect (like politicans being pressured by polls back home);  not only Greece is entitled to this mechanism. That's why there's no solution for this issue and everybody will be a loser.

[quote="Arbusers"]

Perhaps  EU nations should have been asked five years ago if they were willing to accept Greek debt transferred from private to national sector. Just like Greeks should have been asked five years ago whether they wanted to be "saved" by the IMF and the likes...
GrayFox
Has experience

Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:16 am

[quote author=vinciguerra link=topic=3237.msg38646#msg38646

Why would there be an agreement if the Greeks vote no? I can't think of a single reason.
[/quote]

The NO was not for staying in Europe or not. Thats a fact.
It was for a specific deal that they offered to Greece & government  couldnt sign it without asking their people.

The Grexit will happen if the banks will remain closed for long time due to a failure of agreement and like this economy will collapse.
vinciguerra wrote: It's not just the Greek people that are voting populistic and opportunistic, the people of other European countries are just as bad. Any Euro politician suggesting a write-off or even a better deal after a greek NO would get totally crucified back at home and their careers would be over. That's democracy for you; it can be direct (like a referendum) or indirect (like politicans being pressured by polls back home);  not only Greece is entitled to this mechanism. That's why there's no solution for this issue and everybody will be a loser.
So "weak" countries that became weaker from a system that EU provided as a solution that didnt work,  should think the careers of the few?
Many countries are like this & other will follow if we keep this way of thinking.
Previous politicians in Greece were thinking the same thats why they were signing any agreement they were sending to them.

E.C.B, IMF, E.C, Personally i dont call any of this democratic as they are terrorizing countries & their people after drowning them to a dept that will never escape from it & after "punishing" a specific government that didnt sign from the first day their decisions.
EU should reset their values thinking of Every country & everyone & not just the careers of the few.
vinciguerra
Has experience

Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:27 am

GrayFox wrote: EU should reset their values thinking of Every country & everyone & not just the careers of the few.
i think you missed my point.  the greek voted NO to this rescue package.  when the population of the other member states would have been asked through a referendum whether they supported this rescue package, let alone an even more generous rescue package, they would have voted NO as well. you can dream about an EU with a new set of values (altough you don't really go into detail what those values should be), but a majority of the European population is done. You would be too if you would be bombarded with negative articles about Greek working hours, Greek pensions, Greek corruption, Greeks who don't pay tax, Greeks who store tens of billions of euro's on Swiss banking account.  Of course, of course most of these stories are false or completely out of context; it's sensational journalism at best and propaganda at worst, in the same way some of the stories you read about Germany and other EU countries are exactly the same BS. but an average person who was also hit by the crisis himself doesn't want to feel any "solidarity" with a country so far away with nothing but bad press. He thinks about the trouble he is having paying his own bills. You really think he'd favour a haircut on the loans, come on, no way.

these were all facts. let's get to my opinion. I think referendums are extremely ridiculous. People will always vote for their own short-term interest, and are most of the time too stupid to really understand what that interest really is as they're heaviliy influenced by the BS they read. Rule the world by referendum and you would have mass world wars in a few years;  This whole referendum-thing has been extremely bad for Europe and I believe hope for a "better deal" are ridiculous. There's no political will to offer one anywhere.  It's very sad as things will continue to slide downwards and everybody will lose.
Last edited by vinciguerra on Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
arbusers
Administrator

Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:44 am

Well...we come to the point that absolutely no one wanted this help. Greeks and the populations of each European country agree that this help should not be given.
Germany and it's satellites should think about the question of the next Greek referendum. This will be obviously more brutal than the first and will help everyone face reality. Also, it will bring up to the surface the real interests of all parties.

Return to “Rest Area”