BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets
RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Rounding Up/Down Stakes

Ask anything about smart gambling
arby_bargy

Rounding Up/Down Stakes

Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:29 pm

Hello Forum,

My first post here but I have been reading on here for quite some time now.  Im currently working my way through the bookie bonuses and have been researching all that I can on arbing which is what ill lead straight onto after.

My one question to everyone is regarding stake rounding up/down.  I have read, and find it understandable, that if a bookie sees that you keep placing bets which are not a round number, it could leave you vulnerable to being limited quicker than you would if you rounded up/down your stakes when doing the arb.

However I find that rounding up/down for example to the nearest £5 causes havoc with the balance of the arb and can leave one side of the bet with a loss.

What do the more experienced arbers do regarding this?  Do you round up/down, does it make you more vulnerable to limits? If you do round up/down, how do you do it?

Thanks in advance  :D
AlexNotman1
Pro
ProProProPro

Re: Rounding Up/Down Stakes

Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:20 pm

I use Smooth Arbitrage Calculator, which can be easily found if you google it. Great tool, just enter odds, money you wish to invest and then pick "Smooth" option so all you will get is green on both sides.
arber_PL
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:36 pm

When placing bet in asian or exchange you don't have to care about rounding stakes, so if your arb is soft vs asian/exchange round stakes in soft bookmkaer.
Namnam
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:43 pm

I don't round at all any more. Simply the nearest "krona" (about 0,1€). Don't know if the limits comes faster or not cause of it though... I bet in a different currency, so maybe the bookies don't care?

Return to “Newbie's questions”